• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What does being high on ketamine feel like?

Burnt Offerings

Moderator: Drug Culture & CEP
Staff member
I realize that it's hard to really describe what a drug feels like to someone who's never done it, but I was just curious. I've never done any dissociate drug (not even DXM, not recreationally anyway). However, I've done a number of psy-hallucinogens like LSD, mescaline etc...is the dissociative high comparable to the highs from these drugs? I've been reading about ketamine and PCP on Wikipedia out of boredom and I'm not sure what a "dissociative state" feels like, or "ego death", etc, but maybe I felt these states on hallucinogens but never knew what they were called? Does ketamine induce a euphoric rush?

I've never once come across anyone selling ketamine in real life, but the drug seems to be quite popular on this forum.

ketamine is an addictive psychedelic. ime i just got high as fuck usually using disassociatives (dxm and mxe), as far as near death experiences i had a few. Taking high doses with psychedelic dissassociatives isn't "heroic" or glamorized. it basically just saying i can get really fucked up on ketamine. I haven't done ketamine though which ive heard is really visual, but with MXE i think my brains burned out from mephedrone and stims to really get the full "hole" experience. I liked mxe but the visuals weren't dreamlike for me, except when i dosed around 250mg on shrooms but thats just stupid to dose that. I've had friends say MXE is like ketamine-lite so I'm waiting for ketamine to present itself in my life

low doses aren't impairing at all - you just feel light and happy.

medium doses slow your mind down and you are quite relaxed physically - very anxiolitic Imho especially at low doses.
can't speak for higher doses.

some people hate it some love, it's weird indeed.
just take the time to titrate your dose up to the hole.

YMMV of course and i don't have a lot of experience with k, so wait someone else to chime in.

K is very dose dependent.

Low doses are very euphoric, kind of narcotic feeling.

High doses are very hard to describe. I was going to compare it to DXM or PCP but since you've never done a dissociative, I'll just briefly explain the general experience.

Basically, the outside world either ceases to exist, or just seems flat out distant or unreal. Everything you know about yourself and reality fades away in a very difficult to explain process. A lot of people, if not most, don't like the experience. But I find it extremely euphoric. It also gives you an empathetic, nostalgic feel that I love.

When I was ingesting MXE sometimes I would feel like I was intoxicated on mephedrone, sometimes I'd feel like I was drunk, and sometimes I would feel like I was on salvia. Also when smoking pot with it ime it can be really reminiscent of DXM and pot. Is ketamine like that?

I once got lost in a Ski resort apartment complex in the Alps after ingesting too much ketamine. All the floors looked the same, the first couple of lines were ok it gives you a euphoric buzz but a couple more and it's like your mind is trying to drag you into another dimension, but your body is stuck in this dimension. Not enough to K hole, but enough to really mess you up. I haven't done Ketamine since...

High dose ketamine is really impossible to describe accurately in words. It's the one of most insanely bizarre and alien experiences.

It's somewhere between cannabis and alcohol yet nothing like either. It sort of feels like there's a sonic wave going through your head, right through your temples.

I love dissociatives personally, your physical body doesn't exist, you just are and you get to freely float through your mind. Much like lucid dream, or very much like the states achieved in deep intense mediation.

the room gets reallllllllllly big.....like its the size of a football field, and the furniture in the middle throuought the room is very tiny. emotionally and mentally there isn't much too it, unless you hole, then you think your are god and the universe has ended

Ketamine is the weirdest drug I've ever tried. It's a dissociative anaesthetic, so it separates you from reality. Wonky is the perfect descriptor for it. I don't like it that much because I'm uncomfortable with feeling disconnected from my body.

K is very dose dependent.

Low doses are very euphoric, kind of narcotic feeling.

High doses are very hard to describe. I was going to compare it to DXM or PCP but since you've never done a dissociative, I'll just briefly explain the general experience.

Basically, the outside world either ceases to exist, or just seems flat out distant or unreal. Everything you know about yourself and reality fades away in a very difficult to explain process. A lot of people, if not most, don't like the experience. But I find it extremely euphoric. It also gives you an empathetic, nostalgic feel that I love.

i agree with it making you feel nastalgic, kind of reminiscing...that is if you can get your words out haha. i will normallystart a sentence then forget what i was going to say a few words in.

ketamine is possibly my favourite drug
i like the term 'hippy smack' haha
the body high is amazing, topped only by smack and other hard opiates
euphoria is common but not automatic
it can become extremely confusing the higher you dose, but still very enjoyable. be careful with higher doses though, you shouldn't go too high until you are comfortable with lower doses and have experience with fairly extreme altered states (eg, i've found that experience keeping your head on high dose LSD can transfer a bit in keeping your head on high dose K)
for instance a friend on friday had been doing lines of K for her first time, did a few 70mg lines and enjoyed it, did one 120mg... for about an hour i was sitting on the bed with her while she spent half the time non-responsive, the other half shaking and crying and asking where she was and what was happening. she isn't new to psychedelic drugs either

Weird you have to try it to no what it feels like no words can describe it but I'm sure it all depends on the person taking it I have taken ket many times and pushed it to the limit with a 8th in a night and it was amazing glad I did it never tripped so much but at the time I was even scared one night felt like 3 days I wanted to come down but no point fighting it only makes it worse my advise would be have 2 lines and enjoy the ride you go up and down quite fast but never down to your sober self it's like a ladder up two steps down one so after 15 lines you will come down but still be high as fuck this is making me want some it's been ages hmmm roll on global gathering!

Also Mandy will help balance it out I find if your raving on pure ket it can be weird where you can't function not a good look add a 1.7 of Mandy to it and bang balls and ass in a good way enjoy

If you need to take 1700mg of MDMA it means the stuff you're taking has been booted down about 10x with sugar (only 10% MDMA left) :\