• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

what do you folks have to eat that's quick and easy?

Wasted_talent

Bluelighter
I'll kick off the thread with something easy
Pesto and pasta, with tuna.
Brown, sugar free pasta, or brown rice. With pesto.
Easy meal.
Or another, scrambeled eggs with salad at the last minute.
Any American recipies? I have a deep pan, but no chip fat fryer.
The lest you do the best, on burger recipies please. Mexican with re-fried beans would be keen.
Don't wanna burn my house down as we all live in small abodes.
Say what cha fink, I'm doing fresh made pasta, with pesto and tuna.
Any hints would me appreciated.

Salmon smoked in basalmic vinigar with red onions, green and red peppers.
The smoked salmon is best in then strips. But otherwise it's fine also. Just try not to get farmed, go for alaskan sea salmon.
Everything is cheap in America, like the song says.

Good quality though, don't get me wrong. Just a recipe thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
This:

0001600074334_500X500.jpg

Plus this:

beef-ground-percent-lean-157872.jpg

And this:

0002100004647_500X500.jpg

Is SOOOOOO delicious!

peanut butter and banana sandwich, can also add honey in the mix. quick and filling.

serranos, habanero, lime, cilantro, salt in a blender.
pour over fresh shrimp sliced in half (lengthwise). set in fridge for 15 minutes.

Cous cous is as easy as pouring boiling water, waiting 5 minutes and stirring in a knob of butter. Add sundried tomatoes, some lamb pieces and feta and you have a proper meal you could get laid over in less than 10min

These are all great suggestions guys, thanks for the reply; even though I was pretty messed up when posting.
Cous cous is really good, but may I suggest bulgar wheat instead.
Once cooked and cooled, mix it with chopped leaf parsley and a good oil, olive or whatever. Some lemon and seasoning. Then add veggies of your choice, tomatoes, celery, cucumber (but squeeze the water out first), any root veg like butternut squash.
The good thing about this is you can make it for the week to come. The lemon and oil will preserve it.
Then add your fav protein, be it chicken, fish or whatever.
Staples in your cupboard according to this weeks nutrition magazine for a healthy lifestyle are....
Brown rice
Wholemeal pasta
Wholemeal bread
Pitta Bread, freeze if needbe
Wholegrain breakfasts like Weetabix or porridge.
Tins, chickpeas, kindney beans, cannelinin beans, sardines, tomatoes and tom puree.
Tahini, soya sauce, olive oil, wine vinegar.
Fresh lemons, garlic, ginger and chilli.
Frozen mixed berries, carrots, spinach, broccoli
Dried herbs, coriander, oregano, paprika, or mixed erbs; MJ if you do butter first, it won't break down in olive oil for example.
Cheese, feta, low fat cottage or greek yoghurt.
White meats,chicken, turkey.
Fish, smoked mackerel, salmon, any oily fish, the fresher the better. but alaska red salmon, any salmon from the sea, not farmed.
Thanks so much to Mr A for keep this post going.

The world is your oyster :D

Fresh spinach sauteed in butter with a little fresh garlic. I could eat a pound. Same with Zuchini.

It's rich in iron and great for the liver, spinach that is.
Zucchini is good too, although we call it a Courgette in the UK. Kinda the same with cucumber, try do drain out the water. I'm no chef but it seems to work.

serranos, habanero, lime, cilantro, salt in a blender.
pour over fresh shrimp sliced in half (lengthwise). set in fridge for 15 minutes.

The first two chillies will blow your head off no doubt. cilantro is this coriander?
It sounds like Cajun. Cray fish maybe a better option than shrimp, depending on the freshness of course.
I'll defo try this after I bust out the blender

Sound's sublime

Turkey sandwich with provolone, tomato, diced avocado, iceberg lettuce and mayo. I used to not like avocado but my tastes have changed. Really adds a nice creaminess to the sandwich.

Rice cakes, yum yum.

Seriously? I always thought they tasted like cardboard.

Jeez Louise, how much can squeeze into a sandwich?
Can I just ask nuttynutskin; do you mix those ingredients beforehand? The mayo will bind it all I guess.
The Italian cheese (provolone?) is it an afterthought, or grilled on top?
Sounds amazing though.
Totally with you on the avocado issue. It's really difficult to ripen them though here in the UK; but with cashew nuts and good olive oil.
I friend of mine would only eat raw food and sprouted most things 'oh naturel.'
You don't need to be overly organised to eat this way, legumes and pulses will make shoots in one or two days.
Chickpeas, beans of any sort mixed in a good salad dressing with tofu perhaps?
Spork, stop teasing rice cakes :D
They are good if you want some energy but don't wanna spoil the more expensive spoils.

Jeez Louise, how much can squeeze into a sandwich?
Can I just ask nuttynutskin; do you mix those ingredients beforehand? The mayo will bind it all I guess.
The Italian cheese (provolone?) is it an afterthought, or grilled on top?
Sounds amazing though.

Pretty easily, and no I don't mix it. I just put down the provolone first then the turkey, then cut two thin slices of a large tomato and put that next. Then I dice 1/4-1/2 of an avocado depending on how big it is and sort of sprinkle that on next and make sure it's nicely spread out. Then the iceberg lettuce and then lather up the other piece of bread with some mayo and carefully put that last. Gonna wanna press down a bit otherwise everything would probably fall out of the sandwich. Fuck now I'm hungry. lol