• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What do you cook for munchies.

d’you mean potato chips or fish n chips?
All inclusive, Tombro. ;)
I am a devout tater tosser. Gimme salt and taters are no more.

Pancakes: Shredded cheddar cooked into one side and doused in honey with a slab o' butter. I think it's the honey more than the cake, though, tbh.
Indian food never makes it on any list... sorry. Seems to all look, smell and taste the same imo. Not being racist as playing cowboys and indians was a favorite game as a kid.

I’m not supposed to eat potatoes and/or tomatoes b/c of the potassium content. But what did I do when I grocery shopped a few weeks ago - bought 2 1lb packages of baby potatoes. They get shaken w/olive oil and a bit of salt/pepper and roasted in an oven pan until they’re just crispy.

And how do I eat these little nuggets of goodness? One by one, dipping them in ketchup.

But I only eat this kind of stuff if I’m at least 2 weeks before a blood test. Four years ago I went to an appointment at the dialysis clinic. Didn’t drive b/c Cannabis, so I took the bus. At my transfer point there was a burger/chip joint so I grabbed a large fries and ate it before my next bus. At the dialysis clinic I gave blood and then subsequently received a call about high potassium levels and I had to explain what I’d done.

Not supposed to eat bananas either. Quite a pisser.

Tom

You can never go wrong with a cheese & ham toastie.

Just keep a damn eye on the frying pan ; in any event the smoke alarm will tell you when it's done.
That's been my late night munchies go to for a while. Put a little bit of mustard on the side that the ham goes on oh fuck yes. And bacon but I always seem to eat it before it goes on the sandwich Lol.

Home made beef soup and chicken soup a few times a month. Save the juices from cooking a roast in the crock pot for the beef stock. Heavenly.

I love some chicken roll/pot pie. Or a broccoli and chicken casserole with rice/tomatoes/cheddar cheese sauce mixed in. We eat lots of chicken here.

And you can't forget about a good NY strip steak cooked in the cast iron pan. I like that way more than on the grill. Seasoned with kosher salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.

You guys should get an air fryer. Just got one a few months ago and it's the tits. Fries come out perfectly. Idaho potato shoe string fries seasoned with a pinch of paprika and garlic

Last edited:
When I'm really stoned I gotta keep it simple: good ol' fashioned grilled cheese samich. Sharp Cheddar is best, but any cheese will do.

edit: Here's a tip for making the perfect grilled cheese sandwich--- Use good bread, of course, but here's the secret: smear a good mayonnaise (like Duke's) on the outside of each slice of bread. Use slightly less butter in the pan than you normally would. Cook on a medium-high flame. It sounds weird, but try it. You will not be disappointed. Creates the perfect crispy golden-brown and not-too-greasy sandwich. Yum!

Last edited:
That's been my late night munchies go to for a while. Put a little bit of mustard on the side that the ham goes on oh fuck yes. And bacon but I always seem to eat it before it goes on the sandwich Lol.

Home made beef soup and chicken soup a few times a month. Save the juices from cooking a roast in the crock pot for the beef stock. Heavenly.

I love some chicken roll/pot pie. Or a broccoli and chicken casserole with rice/tomatoes/cheddar cheese sauce mixed in. We eat lots of chicken here.

And you can't forget about a good NY strip steak cooked in the cast iron pan. I like that way more than on the grill. Seasoned with kosher salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.

You guys should get an air fryer. Just got one a few months ago and it's the tits. Fries come out perfectly. Idaho potato shoe string fries seasoned with a pinch of paprika and garlic
when i fry my air is always come out singed but not greasy, whew you made my tummy grumble

When I'm really stoned I gotta keep it simple: good ol' fashioned grilled cheese samich. Sharp Cheddar is best, but any cheese will do.

edit: Here's a tip for making the perfect grilled cheese sandwich--- Use good bread, of course, but here's the secret: smear a good mayonnaise (like Duke's) on the outside of each slice of bread. Use slightly less butter in the pan than you normally would. Cook on a medium-high flame. It sounds weird, but try it. You will not be disappointed. Creates the perfect crispy golden-brown and not-too-greasy sandwich. Yum!
mayo is the perfect amount of oil on my grilled cheeses,i didnt know what was for dinner, but i do have cheese and bread, just no damn appetite, poverty is also a great diet plan.......i want sausage and kraut with scalloped potatoes! i still want stuffed bell peppers!! be damned Nurse Ratched!

At the moment, three previously frozen chicken breasts cooking at 350, Whole bottle of Nandos hot piri piri sauce spread over 2 sides and flipped halfway through. In a glass baking dish.

-30 minutes from the freezer @ 350
-flip, cover with 1/2 bottle sauce and put back in oven for ~30 minutes
-flip and dump the rest of the bottle over the breasts amd back in the oven for 45 minutes.

It doesn’t come close to Nandos from a shop but the taste is there. I’m thinking I need a rotisserie countertop for chicken 🤪

Alexa says 21 minutes until I can eat. Maybe have a side of Bush’s beans.

Tom

%&ck now I want ice cream, preferably something with fruit in it - maybe a blueberry or strawberry cheesecake ice cream.

@watermellon O had a convection oven in my last house, so I gotta get one now. But yes, the convection/airfryer made godly fries. Pizza - how is it in your air fryer?

when i fry my air is always come out singed but not greasy, whew you made my tummy grumble
What temp do you use for fries? I've tried 400 but that was too hot. I like 360 and some brands do better than others in the air fryer. The thin fries like McDonald's has is what I use, Idaho Potato brand.
At the moment, three previously frozen chicken breasts cooking at 350, Whole bottle of Nandos hot piri piri sauce spread over 2 sides and flipped halfway through. In a glass baking dish.

-30 minutes from the freezer @ 350
-flip, cover with 1/2 bottle sauce and put back in oven for ~30 minutes
-flip and dump the rest of the bottle over the breasts amd back in the oven for 45 minutes.

It doesn’t come close to Nandos from a shop but the taste is there. I’m thinking I need a rotisserie countertop for chicken 🤪

Alexa says 21 minutes until I can eat. Maybe have a side of Bush’s beans.

Tom

%&ck now I want ice cream, preferably something with fruit in it - maybe a blueberry or strawberry cheesecake ice cream.

@watermellon O had a convection oven in my last house, so I gotta get one now. But yes, the convection/airfryer made godly fries. Pizza - how is it in your air fryer?
I haven't tried pizza yet. Probably be really good warmed back up like that. Mines too small too cook a whole pizza more like 2 smaller slices