• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

what do u like in weed

bomber

Bluelighter
I sometimes smoke weed with friends. I don't realy like it, it makes my mouth dry, get me bored, tired and sometimes anxious. However when my friends say that the have some good stuff, I give it a shot just because I try to understand what other people enjoy about it, but realy I can't see something nice on it.However I realy want to enjoy it, and I guess trying to notice some good effects would help.
So I was curious, what do YOU people enjoy in weed?

Relaxing sedating effects....pain relief, anxiety relief....but this usually is more predictable and consistent when one is a regular smoker IME.

Is it just relief for you? So can't enjoy weed when you don't have pain and anxienty?

No...I'm just saying those are the effects i get...anxyoltic, analgesic and just a sensation of wellbeing. It is like life enhanced. It's hard to explain to someone who does not enjoy it.

So weed causes ephoria to you. That's an answer that I didn't expect but thanks for answering.

For me, I get better at socializing and reduces my anxiety(certain strains). It makes me comfortable and less tense.

In general it tends to make everything feel better and more interesting IMO.

Food, sex, entertainment, being outside, physical activity etc.

First off, I'd rather not be in the position where I can derive benefits from it; but I am. Kidney failure, and on the distant horizon dialysis and hopefully never a transplant. So that fucks with your head. Anxious all the time, can't sleep worth shit, mild-moderate depression and nausea from the pharmaceuticals that I have to take.

So basically, I like the fact that Cannabis blunts the anxiety (well, totally kills it from dose to dose), improves my mood (reduces depression), allows me to sleep for more than 1-2 hours at a time and it is instantly effective at shutting down nausea. I'm trying to stabilize my weight @ 171-175 lbs, so eating more frequently rather than binging on one meal a day is essential.

In other words, Cannabis has tremendous medical usefulness to me; although until I became legal a few days ago it caused stress to use it. Yeah, I could take Odansetron for nausea, benzodiazepines for anxiety, lunestra for insomnia and an SSRI for depression - but I'm a walking pharmacy as it is. Just don't want to take that other crap. If Cannabis helps me with my concerns and issues, that's what I like about it

Medical issues aside, it makes food taste a bit better, the sun shine a bit brighter, movies deeper, etc. And why not?

Tom

[I hate autocorrect on the iPad, it makes me seem stupider then I is. Forgot to mention that if I take 4 additional medications to address my concerns, that's much more potential for side effects and drug interactions]

Last edited:
I am introverted, and I like that weed makes me more social with people. I like that whatever I am learning about, it makes it more interesting helping me to focus. I like that it can be recreational and euphoric as well as medicinal, and that it is one of the few drugs that doesn't feel bad for my body (if I vaporize it)

I like that the effects are very different at low and high doses, and also depending on how much I've been using lately, and beneficial in different respects depending on what I'm looking for (sleep, relaxation, focus, stimulation, etc.)

Variety is the spice of life. You'll never find more variety in a drug than with cannabis. I love the flavours of different strains of oil, and the ritual of dabbing in general.

There is nothing whatsoever like it at all. No drug can compare to the herb in my mind.

I like that it demands respect, if I want to get the most out of it. I like that it helps teach me not to be a glutton. I like that I have learned more from the herb than from any other drug. Slow and steady wins the race. There was never any need for LSD or mushrooms.

Dabs, whether indica or sativa, stimulate my thought processes and a dab is like a morning cup of coffee to me, waking me up instantly.

I like that it stimulates my digestion, and generally helps in that way. When I stopped for a while, eating was just lame the whole time and I'm a big foodie. Really helps settle annoying digestive cramps.

It doesn't help with my chronic pain or my anxiety, but it helps with my depression for sure. I'm just not the same without weed; I simply can't be as chill without it. Above all, I like that it humbles me.

Generally speaking I use it to make low productive times or boring mundane tasks more interesting. I smoke daily so it ends up with a variety of purposes but its generally something I use when what I am doing isnt occupying enough

I am introverted, and I like that weed makes me more social with people. I like that whatever I am learning about, it makes it more interesting helping me to focus. I like that it can be recreational and euphoric as well as medicinal, and that it is one of the few drugs that doesn't feel bad for my body (if I vaporize it)

I like that the effects are very different at low and high doses, and also depending on how much I've been using lately, and beneficial in different respects depending on what I'm looking for (sleep, relaxation, focus, stimulation, etc.)

Variety is the spice of life. You'll never find more variety in a drug than with cannabis. I love the flavours of different strains of oil, and the ritual of dabbing in general.

There is nothing whatsoever like it at all. No drug can compare to the herb in my mind.

I like that it demands respect, if I want to get the most out of it. I like that it helps teach me not to be a glutton. I like that I have learned more from the herb than from any other drug. Slow and steady wins the race. There was never any need for LSD or mushrooms.

Dabs, whether indica or sativa, stimulate my thought processes and a dab is like a morning cup of coffee to me, waking me up instantly.

I like that it stimulates my digestion, and generally helps in that way. When I stopped for a while, eating was just lame the whole time and I'm a big foodie. Really helps settle annoying digestive cramps.

It doesn't help with my chronic pain or my anxiety, but it helps with my depression for sure. I'm just not the same without weed; I simply can't be as chill without it. Above all, I like that it humbles me.

I WISH it did this for me.

I'm introverted and it just makes me MORE introverted.

I wish i could find a strain that did all the things it does for you.

And if I have something I'm worrying about "which I usually do" then it's IMPOSSIBLE not to worry about it 10 times more when I am high UNLESS I mix in booze, Phenibut or Kratom and then I'm in heaven, but otherwise, it just amplifies my anxiety.

I don't understand how one introvert can be helped socially by it and his anxiety lessened while another gets the opposite effect.

Especially unusual to me was you saying it "teaches you not to be a glutton".

Weed makes me MORE of a glutton.

When I smoke I want to drink every drop of booze, take every other drug I can, and eat everything in my house, and be as amotivatoinal and sleep as much as possible.

I almost always gain weight on it and act like 10 times the glutton I normally am.

Do you think it's possible there could be a strain out there i haven't tried with the effects I am looking for of lessened anxiety and feeling MORE social and LESS introverted??

It's a euphoric drug, IME

Plus it helps with pain relief, insomnia, and it meshes perfectly with any drug you care to mention IMO

I pretty much echo what the others said.

Weed is IMO the most enjoyable with a solid tolerance. The high becomes less trippy but now produces more of a strong overall sense of well being, sometimes euphoric. It's an effective medicine for many issues, an enhancer of pretty much everything in life and makes the daily grind suck a little bit less.

<---6 year daily tolerance. :)

I WISH it did this for me.

I'm introverted and it just makes me MORE introverted.

I wish i could find a strain that did all the things it does for you.

And if I have something I'm worrying about "which I usually do" then it's IMPOSSIBLE not to worry about it 10 times more when I am high UNLESS I mix in booze, Phenibut or Kratom and then I'm in heaven, but otherwise, it just amplifies my anxiety.

I don't understand how one introvert can be helped socially by it and his anxiety lessened while another gets the opposite effect.

Especially unusual to me was you saying it "teaches you not to be a glutton".

Weed makes me MORE of a glutton.

When I smoke I want to drink every drop of booze, take every other drug I can, and eat everything in my house, and be as amotivatoinal and sleep as much as possible.

I almost always gain weight on it and act like 10 times the glutton I normally am.

Do you think it's possible there could be a strain out there i haven't tried with the effects I am looking for of lessened anxiety and feeling MORE social and LESS introverted??
Same to me. Weed reduses my sociality to zero, mostly because I need to focus on not getting paniced by the effects.
Perhaps the problem is that we rarely use it and we have low tolerance, as snake-eyes said. But to be honest I don't think it's a good idea to let weed sneak on me(because that's what it does when u use it often) just to start feeling something good.
There are drugs that feel good from the first time, right?

I pretty much echo what the others said.

Weed is IMO the most enjoyable with a solid tolerance. The high becomes less trippy but now produces more of a strong overall sense of well being, sometimes euphoric. It's an effective medicine for many issues, an enhancer of pretty much everything in life and makes the daily grind suck a little bit less.

<---6 year daily tolerance. :)

Could not agree more. Sometimes to new or non tolerant users, (say occasional users) the high is too overwhelming and un-enjoyable. But with the tolerance...that overwhelming feeling is GONE.

I get a touch of euphoria at times, but it's not in any way predictable.

Just (seeming to) feel things a lot more. Food tastes better, people are more interesting, etc....

I get incredibly horny, I don't know if this is common. That's a blessing and a curse.

Finally, I get whole projects laid out in front of me mentally. If I'm working on something usually, I get a little idea, then a next idea, etc. It's work. When I'm high a whole project often sort of appears before me, and I just have to accomplish it, if that makes any sense (probably doesn't).

I get incredibly horny, I don't know if this is common. That's a blessing and a curse.

I'd say that it's pretty common. Anything sexual, from making out to intercourse, is better when you're completely lit, IMO