• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What do they do with us when an addict is hospitalized?

You tell them and they give you appropriate medicine. When I was diagnosed with cancer I had to sit the doctor down and tell them I'd been using heroin the last 5 days in the hospital, since I didn't have enough supply for the 30-day stay I was looking at. They were actually really compassionate with giving me enough opiates. They obviously had to search my stuff and take the drugs I'd brought in but they got me settled on liquid oxycodone and IV dilaudid. At the other hospital I was at they didn't do the Dilaudid though, which sucked, but that just came down to each hospital's policies--they gave me approximately equal amounts of oxy (150+mg/day).

I agree, incomplete cross tolerance definitely exists and it becomes more obvious the higher the dose IME.
A good example is tapering an Alcohol addiction using Benzodiazepinen. You are only covering your desensitized GABA-a receptoren. But all other withdrawal ( dopamin, NMDA, Glutamine, Opiod related) seemed to just carry its course. Sure you could sedate yourself through it and end up with another beast.

Way more obvious then nuances between the different Opiod's, but they all have an unique profile. Kratom being an odd Opiod was my favorit. Has an totally different effect then o-DSMT ( which is more like how I imagine Heroine ). What strook me most was that somehow I looked a bit like a junkie. in this order o-DSMT-Oxycodone/ Kratom ), I wouldn't wanna be addicted to o-DSMT and have an hospital emergency.

At the moment they ( dr, ER-team, cop's maybe even Turtles ) know ´drugs and/ or Alcohol" are at play. There is a certain tendency to stigmatize. Leading to unnessecary pain among others. lets hope you are treated ok.

so taking that inversely, alcohol is not so great to help benzo w/d? I imagined it would be a major tool in the arsenal for obvious gaba reasons but have found.....well not so much. Seems to be a rebound effect somewhere before any hangover (3 oz gatorade per shot and full stomach should hold off) but after any buzz. I know this because I usually wake up heart beating, end up needing another benzo to sleep. sorry if I treaded off topic.

Alcohol works - but the amounts involved are HUGE. I mean 30-40 US units or 56 UK units. You just end up even worse off.

I developed myoclonic jerk to which the only treatment is... benzodiazepines!

Looking at this whole RC market, people just look for STRONG but nobody has bothered with SAFE.

Maybe their are, but I've never come across a pyrazolam death or anyone wo, taking pyrazolam alone, developed dependence. Why? Because it had it's a1 & a5 affinity chopped. THAT was the whole point.

I found pyrazolam lackluster at best. Strong isn't nearly as important as a quality buzz or noone would have jumped from phenazepam. *unless that was a legal thing* I don't remember if phenaz got chopped first. If I am going to put something in my hands I understand whatever happens from there is completely on me and have looked into said chemical enough to be comfortable with what I am doing. Unfortunately this isn't the way everyone approaches things and I certainly understand your concern.

of course the example that comes to mind would be fent v heroin. Fent is ALOT stronger but I would be hard pressed to find someone (ok someone who appreciates opiates) that would prefer fent to H. Not even bang for buck. Phenazepam v Diazepam would also be a pretty clearcut example.

Most euphoric always ranks #1 when it comes to demand; At least in my book.

It entirely depends on WHY you are taking a benzodiazepine. By 'buzz' in infer abuse. Pyrazolam was designed to lack significant abuse potential. And the MAJOR market was not people looking for a 'buzz' but for people with genuine anxiety. For that, it works. It's also amazingly non-toxic in overdose. It's LD50 was hard to find because yes, give rats enough and at about 8mg/Kg you can get it to display some sedative activity, but it's more like 85mg/Kg i.e. it took over half a gram to kill a rat. So that's another design choice.

Someone actually took 100mg and while they were rather sedated for a week, with increased sleep duration, driving would have been the REAL danger. Fair enough you might say, benzodiazepines are very safe.... but that isn't true. In Sweden, 76% of intentional, tatal self-poisonings were due to nitrazepam or flunitrazepam ALONE. No other drug, no alcohol. So we have NO idea of how toxic these novel compounds are... because nobody spends the money on animal testing. It's all about profit.

I tried getting over worst BZD withdrawals when I ran out too early when I was doing shitty taper, I was non-stop drunk for week straight, still feeling horrible all the time and concluded I need to get more benzo because something very bad would happen if I needed to suffer both hangover and WDs still going bad, took 4 galenika ksalols right away for being so beaten up when I finally got them.
You can't outrun BZD WDs on booze without getting dependent on alcohol.
It is maybe ok for preventing catastrophic outcome until you can get more real medicines 50/50 threat/possibility 12" split.
And yes, the amount of alcohol you need to ingest to feel somewhat tolerable is insane, I drank horrible amounts to the point of disgust and were afraid of stomach ulcers and kidney and pancreas damage over few months because my taper was so half-assed, over several months.
Benzos make the gaba-a-receptors work and gaba-agonists are of so little use when you take the allosteric modulator away.

Last edited:
Almost -benzos, or at least the 1,4-benzodiazepines, derivatives and bioisosteres bind specifically to just 4 subunits of the alpha subunit. It's almost entirely a1 & a5 activity that is responsible for tolerance and dependence. But that is the danger - their aren't any partial agonists. There are compounds with high affinity and low activity, but is isn't partial as the term is generally applied.

Which is worse - since either you take MORE benzos or you take something pretty unselective. Clomethiazole will work, I presume, but it's even more hazardous in many ways. I know their was a special unit for treating clomethiazole dependence in the UK which is why it's now a DLR.

Well I think…the thing…is…opiate addicts are far more likely to do something stupid to get their fix than an alcoholic…like over time humanity has realized certain drug addictions cause people to act really erratically
It's only because alcohol is cheaply available everywhere.

I assure you an alcohol withdrawal makes an opioid withdrawal seem like a picnic and if alcohol was restricted as opioids are you wouod see the same exact desperate behavior from alcoholics dependent on that drug.

The difference in behavior is due solely to drug policy not tye effect of the drugs

People need to start fighting back against anti-opioid tyranny. Like big time.
I've written to the National Pain Advocacy group & people in DC & never a single word back.

The government does not want you to be able to live a life without pain. They want you in pain or dead.

Doctors are all pissed about this too...but they are all extremely fearful of the DEA so they never open their mouth and speak out against this.

With how R worded America is and the tendency of western allies to copy us....I don't see any hope of fixing this.

If anyone wants their death to be dignified without extreme agony or via suicide ...you better get the fuck out of America and move to south america.

....but we're already headed for a catastrophe because of declining birth rates...I don't know why the government wants to kill mor young ppl...indont think it's that sinister it's just complete ignorance about the entire issue.