• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What did you do to get off your butt today? vs. "Butt's off the floor!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran the 4 mile trail that I am competing on this Saturday in 40 minutes.
I did walk numerous times. I tend to push myself harder when others are around and surprise myself.
With this being my first night run/race, I will be content (yet grumbling I coulda done better) with 40 minutes.
The goal is to be top of my age group (34-39) once again :)

Very nice ride today. I messed up my ankles a couple of months ago, and am finally back in action. Had a great ride today, but the mountain kicked my ass (kinda depressing how fast cardio can decrease). My ankles finally didn't hurt at all. I am fucking pumped =D=D

ran my first half-marathon today. 2:34:58.

feels good, man.

:)

alasdair

4 mile trail night race in 36 min and change

prerace webcam photo
75654_10152180418115447_2121959538_n.jpg

Good luck PI, great rage face!!

ran a new best for the mile today (6:29; is that closer to "okay"? won't even mention how slow they were about a month ago :| )

^^ fucken lol

5kg walk with the dogs + 50 press ups

trying to put on weight so i mostly just ate.

broke your 10min guideline :)

how was the race?(as in, the trail/ppl/etc.? was it intense running in the dark with headgear?)

I deleted the post 'cause I reposted in the healthy living photo thread :)
1st in age group 35-39 (41 runners) 36:48.74. 9:13/M. 85th overall out of 513.

I have run this trail about 5 times in the past year. I now feel very confident about running at night. It helped immensely that they leaf blew the trail about 3 hours prior to the race. Great organization. Watched a handful of people fall. Was it wrong that I yelled you okay and kept running? I would not have stopped if they said no. There were plenty of others around lol. No issues with the headgear. Need to have the bandanna lower next time as sweat was running into my brows.

Of course, I think I should not have stopped that second time. Rocky hills are killer.

$20 says you woulda stopped if you suspected anything *serious*. boo hoo if they have to wait for someone to bring tape/ice/salts.

congratulations you won your group!!! hah that's too cool. What age group wins overall? (i imagine the late20's/early 30's?)

so when's next competition fer ya?

This is my fourth race and always top in my age group ;)

Top time male age 46 27:48.35
Top time female age age 26 29:30.61

It is not divided into what age group wins over all I would have to look over all the entrants. The top 20 runners are comprised of late 20's early 30's though :) A 15 yo male was third overall with 28:49.35

Next competition 5.4 mile loop early January. I might enter one Dec 2nd at the mountain I run the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.