• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What Did You Do For Your Education/Career Today?

I would love to walk into class or discussion one day to see RedLeader at the board. I would most likely crack up.

Start laughing.
NSFW:
leftwl.jpg

i am just so nervouse about applying in person. i have no idea where there "human resource" places in hospitals are, and i have no desire to sit there like a sap, when there are 2 dozen more qualified, experienced applicants.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

Don't get too intimidated by the more qualified people. Sometimes employers don't take people with too high creditials becuase those people would be expecting more money. Ya know, if a job says a person only needs a BA/BSc, but there are people with graduate degrees also applying, the others might be expecting better compensation packages than the employer is willing to offer. Espeically for jobs where the salary is not explicitly listed in the job listing. Really, sometimes people are overqualified and you end up being perfect. Don't let them intimidate you. You'll do great, and good luck!

---

I started reading Dostoyevsky's Brothers Karamazov again today. I read it 5 years ago, but I want to read it again, as I think I can get a lot more out of it after a second time. Love that book!

Just finished taking a molecular bio test, went pretty well me thinks
Now...to study for quantum chem

got an 83 on my mid-term
and ive been procrastinating this paper due tomorrow. still havent started fml

Spent 5+ hours today studying for my MPRE (Multi-state Professional Responsibility Exam). I better get an acceptable score.

Thank you RedLeader.

I cant believe it, but I actually got the job from one of the interviews...

$17/Hr as a PC Technician... with an expectation of being promoted within a few months to a Network technician job for $20/Hr...

So fucking happy.... Only out of detox a month and Im back in the workforce with a job in the pay range I deserve.... Now to just not fuck my life up again ...

^ Good job dude! :):)

Studying since 8am now. I think I really need a break whether I want one or not.

Thank you RedLeader.

I cant believe it, but I actually got the job from one of the interviews...

$17/Hr as a PC Technician... with an expectation of being promoted within a few months to a Network technician job for $20/Hr...

So fucking happy.... Only out of detox a month and Im back in the workforce with a job in the pay range I deserve.... Now to just not fuck my life up again ...

That's awesome to hear, good job. Good luck with you're new job and keeping life in order

I got a 100 on my pchem2 test :D

Today I took a bunch of NMRs of some compounds I irradiated the shit out of. Besides that went to class and relaxed.

Went to every one of my classes today. I also spent 3 hours today studying for my organic test on friday on top of all the damn classes and labs I have (Wednesday I have class from 10 till 9 with only 2 periods of 1 hour breaks. I'm about to do a little bit more studying as well. Tomorrow is a big day. Trying to do about 10 hours of hw/studying total. I got physics II hw to do on top of as much studying for organic as possible.

I'm getting ready to hit the library and cough up the last 20 pages of a dissertation. If I stay home I will end up cleaning the apartment, cooking muffins, dyeing my hair, having a pedicure, etc.... anything but what I HAVE TO DO!!! Argh!:!

are there any teachers on the board? i need to make sure my students get good scores on the CSTs (California Standards Tests) and i could use some advice because my job depends on the students' performance and the students really don't care at all. i teach, and i teach, but they don't learn. there's a disconnect....

All I did today was look at all the work ive done and what ive submitted... im 2 whole weeks ahead of where I need to be :D

I signed up for classes that start wednesday and found out it's only 4 days a week(Yes!) as well as looked over penn state's online psychology program which looks to be pretty good, same curriculum as if you actually went there which is definitely a good thing.

On spring break... but getting ahead on some work. Making a cell biology study guide and working on a history project...

Getting ahead so I can absolutely mowed on St. Paddy's day...