• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What could be wrong with my health physically?

^ Forum Rules state: "BL is not a substitute for medical treatment in emergent situations." Everyone understood that and no-one can post without reading the rules. Stop spamming the topic.

I'll stay quiet when you stop spewing bullshit on the subject.

It's full-circle, really, all you have you do is break the cycle somewhere.

fact: Whatever I have is made worse by THC. So that would rule out pretty much everything right? If I had a bad brain condition and I consumed THC then the THC if anything should mask the pain as someone above said not make it worse right?

Surely there must be some condition caused by too much THC in too short a time?

Unless the edible was contaminated by some chemical that's done something bad to my THC receptors?

It is interesting when this was triggered I actually did use a new edible from a different source. However a couple months later when my condition was made worse I was using an edible I was familiar with and had used before many times.

It's as if my THC receptors (CB1, CB2)/cannabinoid system has been damaged by THC overload or some bad chemical that affects the THC receptors adversely.

Is it possible for synthetic cannabinoids to exist in edibles as well as weed for smoking? Could my receptors have been damaged by some really dodgy synthetic cannabinoid?

For what it's worth, the discomfort is bearable and isn't getting worse as time goes on. Whether it's getting better or not as time goes on is hard to tell.

The doctor seemed confident it would go away on its own but I'm not convinced. How can she say that without knowing what's going on in my brain? Just because I pass a few physical tests doesn't mean my brain is fine.

I still think this sounds like anxiety, especially if smoking weed makes it worse.

Yesterday I had a panic attack which made me feel a strong tingling numb sensation in both my hands. Anxiety can make you feel a lot of things

I still think this sounds like anxiety, especially if smoking weed makes it worse.

Yesterday I had a panic attack which made me feel a strong tingling numb sensation in both my hands. Anxiety can make you feel a lot of things

I know no one asked but that tingling sensation is how I know I'm having a panic attack, but for me it progresses to numbness and creeps up my arms and legs.

All thanks to hyperventilating without even realizing it.

What I have is made worse by THC, which leads me to think I have damaged my CB1 receptors.

Is it possible to damage CB1 receptors by:
1. Too much THC in too short a time
2. Some sort of contaminant?

And I think it's worth noting the time my head sensation was first triggered I had consumed a cannabis edible from a new source I had never tried before.

Also strangely enough I can now only feel the sensation on the right hemisphere of my brain. The left part of my brain feels normal (ie I don't feel anything on that side). Wouldn't this suggest it is improving? The sensation I do feel feels like a cross between pressure (like the feeling you get in your ears when you are in a plane that descends) and a watery sensation as if the affected part of my brain is submerged in some sort of fluid.

You seem like you constantly avoid those posts which suggest that the problem might be of psychological nature. Not saying that I know that for a fact, but it is quite common that people with anxiety look for a physiological cause of the weird sensations they experience.

THC and cannabinoids in cannabis have never been shown to be toxic or produce brain damage, and the possibility of some weird contaminant is basically fishing in the dark.

I can assure you what I am feeling is physical. And the trigger was definitely a cannabis edible I consumed last July- a toffee that claimed to contain 60mg of THC. Although I was already very high (from an edible from a different source) when I consumed it

because it feels like the worst headache of my life. and it's always there no matter how I am feeling emotionally

I know what anxiety is and how anxiety feels like, and I have never had anything remotely like this at all before eating that edible ~6 months ago

In you initial post, you describe it as "not painful". What is it now? Another time you state that using weed makes it worse.

I'll say it again, anxiety can make you feel a lot of weird things (some years ago, I regularly felt my cheeks go numb when having a panic attack), especially if you focus a lot on these feelings.

because it feels like the worst headache of my life. and it's always there no matter how I am feeling emotionally

I know what anxiety is and how anxiety feels like, and I have never had anything remotely like this at all before eating that edible ~6 months ago

But anxiety is known to cause head pressure. Cannabis is NOT known for causing head pressure when you are not high on it. It is also not known to cause neurological damage as you describe it.

Given that cannabis does cause anxiety and anxiety can cause such odd sensations, we have a known correlation here. It doesn't make sense to try and find causation elsewhere.

If there is some damage caused by the cannabis, there is nothing much you can do except wait. There is certainly no medication for such an unknown condition. On the other hand, there is a massive amount you can do about anxiety, from medication (not advised) to dietary changes to lifestyle/behavioural/psychological modifications. I don't know, I would look into those things, it cannot hurt. :) Learning ways to combat anxiety is so beneficial; you will be surpised at how much consistent practise of brief meditation will benefit you in the long-term.

But anxiety is known to cause head pressure. Cannabis is NOT known for causing head pressure when you are not high on it. It is also not known to cause neurological damage as you describe it.

Given that cannabis does cause anxiety and anxiety can cause such odd sensations, we have a known correlation here. It doesn't make sense to try and find causation elsewhere.

If there is some damage caused by the cannabis, there is nothing much you can do except wait. There is certainly no medication for such an unknown condition. On the other hand, there is a massive amount you can do about anxiety, from medication (not advised) to dietary changes to lifestyle/behavioural/psychological modifications. I don't know, I would look into those things, it cannot hurt. :) Learning ways to combat anxiety is so beneficial; you will be surpised at how much consistent practise of brief meditation will benefit you in the long-term.

Anxiety's known to do a fuckton of weird shit to people, including causing strange head pressure.

lemme just leave this here for the second time in this thread.

Well I ordered some kratom that should arrive any day now. Hopefully that should help with anxiety in the meantime while I wait out whatever this is

and yes I do have pretty bad anxiety to the point I have to do OCD-like rituals (both physical actions and thought processes)

For example, I know this sounds so weird I half expect not to be believed, but recently I keep doing this thing where I draw an arrow pointing to the left on a surface with my finger then I cluck my teeth on the left side of my mouth 3 times, then I think about what I could have done in the past differently that would have avoided me being where I am today. Almost as if I am trying to change the past mentally.

Have you considered / had psychotherapy? Sounds like you experience a lot of stress due to anxiety.

Be cautious with kratom though its meant to be relatively forgiving.

There is a topic in PD where a guy feels like he's tripping constantly, described as 'sativa like head pressure', ill try to find the thread.

edit: heres a link to his post.

Last edited:
More than 1 person in that thread has experienced visuals for quite some time after last using LSD.

I know my case is different- I didn't use LSD and my vision hasn't changed- but is it possible what I am experiencing is along the same lines? As in the brain has "plasticity" my excessive weed use may have "moulded" it and it will just take time and abstaining from weed to rewire itself back to normal. Is that possible?

It's really hard to explain what I feel but it does feel like my CB1 receptors are involved, it's as if something that isn't THC has binded to them giving me an unpleasant sensation. In a way I do feel stoned but without the nice feelings although this could also be, partly at least, from being on Risperidone.

I guess it is possible but its more likely anxiety rather than some novel and heretofore unknown effect of weed. But I do think time will heal you.

Cannabinoids aren't neurotoxic so its unlikely to be damage to receptors.

Try and see that the head pressure isn't going to hurt you. Really try and question how you are thinking, what is so bad about the sensation?

I can relate in some senses, I have periodic tinnitus which is very anxiety inducing but worrying makes it worse. Its not going to hurt me unless I react irrationally towards it. CBT is therapy I benefited from immensely, it taught me that my reactions are sometimes mistaken and that I can control them with some effort. Its interesting to learn how we often react based on unfounded assertions and that we can choose another way.

Sometimes people can be messed up after smoking synthetic cannabinoids (spice/k2 etc etc) there's a thread currently on here for example "jwh-018 nightmare". But is it possible for a synthetic cannboid to end up inside an edible instead of natural THC?

Like I said the edible that triggered the sensation in the first place was one I had never tried before from a new source.