• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Social what computer do you have?

I generally use Mac OS. Always running behind a double vpn. When I torrent (I know, bad Tom) it's usually done through Tor behind the van's. I run backup software 24/7. When the backup hard drive is full I buy another hard drive. I have a non used MacBook Pro and iMac in case my main driver gets stuffed. I'm not relying on the computer to do anything important - not even taxes.

Back in the 90's I used to get infected quite regularly b/c I was always downloading viruses and testing them on my own systems.

I screwed up badly. Once. I used a work computer and had compressed the entire hard drive and the driver got corrupted and the computer wouldn't boot. I got the driver off of my home system and had to put it on a bootable floppy. The work comp booted. I ran the driver and was able to read the compressed hard drive which I then copied to an external hard drive (back then a 200 mb hard drive cost $700), formatted the work comp, reinstalled Windows 3.1, installed the backup software and then copied the backups > work comp. Problem solved and I never touched my boss' computer again.

I use an iPad Pro to keep all of my handwriting and dialysis notes.

Tom

bump to show off my nerd clout ;)

tripper.jpg

Last edited:
I bought some new stuff. i7 13700k, 32 ddr5, rtx 4700

I should have waited to buy one of the new AMD gpus, oh well.
Damn homie did you rob a bank?

I currently have ryzen 5 5500 (gonna oc dat shit next week), rx 6600 (getting a new gpu next week, rx 7600 or rx 6700 xt), 16gb ram and 500gb nmve ssd. When I get the new gpu my lilbro will buy my rx 6600 cheap so win-win. Saving money for 1440p monitor.

I currently have ryzen 5 5500, rx 6600, 16gb ram and 500gb nmve ssd. 1080p monitor and gaming mouse + headset + keyboard.
Currently saving money for 650w power supply as my 500w aint gonna be enough in a year + an 8 core ryzen 7 5700x. In about a year when I turn 30 I ll get rx 6750 xt 12gb and gonna buy 1440p monitor after that :)