• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What can opiate withdrawal be compared to?

it totally depends on a lot of things: length of usage, amount, etc. also it depends a lot on how you approach it. if you plan for it, taper down to a small dose, switch to something weaker for a few days, then stop, it can be relatively painless, but that takes a lot of time, patience, and discipline that not everyone has. it's really hard to have like 300mg oc or something at your disposal and stilll only do like 40mg a day or whatever when you're tapering, but if u can, it seriously helps minimize w/d.

with a high tolerance...

the pinnacle of pain and desperation.

cold, sweaty and shaky from the funky depths of hell.

everything smells so horrible, like shits been smeared in my nostrils.

Its not that hard to sell methadone. Alot of ppl sell a few of there carries, it takes more than one day to be in actual withdrawls from methadone, plus if u drink like half ur dose ur definatly not gonna be withdrawling and can sell the other half. And theres also a decent amount of ppl who get methadone for pain so you can sell them easily.

I highly doubt its all bottles. He's most likely getting the 10's,20's or 40mg wafers from a pain patient. street methadone is very common in the US. Those little white 10 tablets were everywhere when I was in ohio. There were actually a handfull of dealers that were selling them along with H. I guess if a person had money they would buy dope, if they were down to thier last $20, then they would buy a couple 10's. Heard that methadone was becoming quite the little street drug stateside.

My withdrawal from 100mg snorted opana a day was so severe, my cock even hurt.

No lie.

The truth is if your habit is in the +100mgs daily range and this goes on for years, tapering or not you'll never be back to 100% how you use to feel. You'll be depressed, have no energy, and just want feel right. Although tapering may keep you out of full on withdrawal, a habit like this and you'll never be the same. I bet all of us with this type of habit say "if I knew then what I know now, I would've never touched opiates! "

The truth is if your habit is in the +100mgs daily range and this goes on for years, tapering or not you'll never be back to 100% how you use to feel. You'll be depressed, have no energy, and just want feel right. Although tapering may keep you out of full on withdrawal, a habit like this and you'll never be the same. I bet all of us with this type of habit say "if I knew then what I know now, I would've never touched opiates! "

you're absolutely right. i so wish i'd never messed with them. i just did a successful taper down from about 200 daily that ended last week w/ almost no pain (slight stomach cramping, insomnia, etc.), but you know, then what? you've got to find something to replace your mental attachment. a few months ago, i did about the same thing and immediately went to europe for a few weeks, and that helped, but obviously not for all that long. this time, i already got a few more this am b/c i was bored at work. because it will be different this time, lol. sad.

you're absolutely right. i so wish i'd never messed with them. i just did a successful taper down from about 200 daily that ended last week w/ almost no pain (slight stomach cramping, insomnia, etc.), but you know, then what? you've got to find something to replace your mental attachment. a few months ago, i did about the same thing and immediately went to europe for a few weeks, and that helped, but obviously not for all that long. this time, i already got a few more this am b/c i was bored at work. because it will be different this time, lol. sad.

Yea it's sad to say but for us things will never be like before. It consumes our thoughts. Right now I'm thinking how I can't wait till the weekend to get to ATL and cop some China white I've been hearing about. Even though I take mdone daily it's not enough to keep me content cause I can't keep my mind off H

I used to believe that. But I am 4 weeks out of a 240mg Oxy habit and a opiate/opiod habit that lasted around5-6 years. I am on Tram but 50mg in AM 50mg around 1 ish and 50mg around 7ish and I feel normal. You have to admit that 150mg of tramadol spread throughout the day is weaksauce. I feel pretty much normal, all my energy is back, no depression, no withdrawals per say.

Only thing I find that has lingered is shear boredom.... this kills me.

This is just MO but I think opiates/opiods are the worst drug to WD from because they encompass so many regions of the body. Dopamine, endorphins, stomach, Norep, Seratonin... the Wds take away energy, crushing depression, no sleep, the god awful twitching, anxiety-feels like adrealine pumping 24/7, puking, fast shallow breathing.

I used to believe that. But I am 4 weeks out of a 240mg Oxy habit and a opiate/opiod habit that lasted around5-6 years. I am on Tram but 50mg in AM 50mg around 1 ish and 50mg around 7ish and I feel normal. You have to admit that 150mg of tramadol spread throughout the day is weaksauce. I feel pretty much normal, all my energy is back, no depression, no withdrawals per say.

Only thing I find that has lingered is shear boredom.... this kills me.

Well I take mdone and feel normal, not high, unless I take extra, but I'm saying you'll never be normal 100% without something. What u take may be weak but stop it too and u want feel good at all.

imagine the day after you decided 2 start a fight with chuck laddel plus tha worst stomach flu imaginable serious depression and you cant sleep for shit

Food poisoning combined with the death of your favorite childhood pet. Throw in a case of the flu, massive panic attacks and migraine headaches. I can't even describe the leg cramps, and how all i wanted to do for 4 days straight was just get out, leave, do something, to relieve the leg cramps.

The hardest part? Knowing that one little bump will make all the pain go away.

Last edited:
During the worst withdrawal i've been through, i felt the way i had after coming home from my best friend's funeral and realizing there was nothing left to do but move on and accept living without her..which is horrible on it's own, but the guilt for feeling that because of a fucking pathetic self-inflicted addiction that's your own damn fault is worse.

i think were getting the point across,, theres nothing like it,, dying would be better

I'd almost never wish acute w/d's on my worst enemy...... almost. And that's just because I'm a vicious bastard when it comes to treatment of my enemies. ^_^

This is NOT anomly this is a friend. AND I can say from experience that the ComeDown and The High are not necessarily exaggerated . A hit better than an orgasm multiplyed by 1000 is something you would come across once or twice over a 10year habit. The comedowns ARE FAR MORE PAINFUL THAN DESCRIBED IN THOSE Glamorized DOPE FLICKS. Depending on how much you were using IV. Lets say a gram a day of quality for a time period of a year = 1-3weeks of HELL! Im talking the worst pain you have every experienced times 1000 plus flu symptoms times 100 on top of that. Im talking unfathomable pain unless you have been through it before.
Use smart and be careful and always have a lot of MD or Sub near by and you'll be okay though..

also: I shot 4mg of D everyday/ hour to 2 hrs for about 2 or 3 months straight and the pain was the worst thing I have ever come close to feeling in my whole life. there is no way you could even fathom the pain i was feeling unless you have been there.