• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What can opiate withdrawal be compared to?

dsgsfg

Opiate withdraws suck balls. I had them from H. I didn't sleep for 3 days. I was freezing cold all the time and i had the worst headache ever. When i would lay in bed at night and try to sleep i wouldn't be able to stop moving. I remember on my second day i fell asleep for like 15 minutes and awoke in a pool of effing sweat. I was only addicted to H for a few months too, i can only imagine what they would feel like if you were addicted for a year, or several years. I just hope i never go through that again, and i advise those who haven't to make sure that they never do.

i have been through alcohol w/d from staying drunk for 20-45 days at a time and i mean STAYING drunk drink till i pass out get up drink till i pass out over and over and over, stopped eating or drinking anything but beer,liqour and this is what i wet through so tell me if opiod w/d would compare

HORRIBLE shaking ,constant vomiting ,and i mean spasm vomiting i would cramp when i puked,puking blood ,hering voices seeing shadows ,so weak i couldnt stand up by myself ,couldnt sit just fall down ,sweating so bad my bed was soked,head racing ,my mood would change from sad to happy to mad to suicidal ,to wanting to stab myself and people around me for no reason but just to do it ,these changes would happen within seconds literally

no sleep at all ,and when drunk for the 20-45 days,all i did was pass out ,i didnt sleep at all,and passing out drunk isnt sleep

the spasms were horrid constantly twitching shaking ,puking on myself ,pissing on myself ,shitting myself before i made it to the toilet cause i was to weak to get up ,i starred at the wall for the most of 9 days just cause i couldnt really move much ,but when i did watch tv i was constantly trying to find somthing to occupy my speeding thoughts and i would laugh at anything and then cry a secong later ,and be pissed at that or happening

the anxiety was so horrid,thats what made me keep drinking i had to get ridof the anxiety it tortured me so badly ,a few times i was in w/d and more alcohol wouldnt cure me it just made me feel worse,but i still drank it just to pass out

is FULL BLOWN OPIOD W/d worse than this?

(Disclaimer: I've never experienced full-blown DTs or opiate withdrawal, but have been around people going through both and have had mild alcohol withdrawal).

It's my understanding that opiate withdrawals generally won't kill you, although they may make you wish you were dead. A serious alcohol kick can be fatal: it's as serious as barbituate or benzo withdrawal and should never be done without proper medical supervision.

(Disclaimer: I've never experienced full-blown DTs or opiate withdrawal, but have been around people going through both and have had mild alcohol withdrawal).

It's my understanding that opiate withdrawals generally won't kill you, although they may make you wish you were dead. A serious alcohol kick can be fatal: it's as serious as barbituate or benzo withdrawal and should never be done without proper medical supervision.

Opiate withdrawals are not fatal in the same way benzo withdrawals are. The only reason you should fear for your life when w/d'ing from opiates is if you have a serious heart condition, or an already extremely low seizure threshold, for example.

If you are in otherwise good health, coming off of opiates isn't going to kill you. You are right in it making you wish you were dead, though.

Withdrawls 5th time try at quitting...

:DHey all,

I am new to this site, I joined because i saw sombody asking what WD's compared to. Well I have one word for you "HELL" I have abused painkillers for about 3 years up 14 (15 mg ) percs a day among many other things . The worst for me is:

The Sweating... Holy hell I would be dressed up at a business or dinner meeting and just dripping with sweat, it could be 40 degrees and same thing. When i get the chills it is a welcome relief as I cannot stand my make up melting off my face and people looking at me like a freak..
I am moody as hell.
I break down, feel worthless.
have that electric shock feeling in my legs.
runny nose.
puffy eyes.
cant get out of bed for nothing , the house could be on fire and it would be hard to drag me out of bed. i can sleep for 14 hours wake up for 2 and be exhausted again from doing "nothing" writing this is making me tired. hahaha

Well i have been over 2 weeks clean with the help of Suboxone (although i am trying not to take that now either) I did slip one day when i was so fucking depressed that i found 2 pills cleaning out my purse and took them. (then felt like a huge fuckin' faliure) The thing is I have a really bad leg injury from the gym and asprin dosnt cut it so anything else i am prescribed i am giing to my fiance and only have them given to me if my pain is obviously unbearable.

I have lost myself, i dont know who i am anymore, i dont work out, i have no social life, i feel like a loser, so i am done... so lets see if i can do another week.

just so you all know after week 2 i am still sweaty , tired and very nauseus but a little better (sorry for the spelling)

just so you all know after week 2 i am still sweaty , tired and very nauseus but a little better (sorry for the spelling)

If you're 2 weeks clean off of oxycodone (percocets), then you won't be feeling any more physical withdrawals from them. The half life of oxycodone is so short that within the first week, you should be done with the physical symptoms completely.

That said, if you're still feeling physical symptoms then it's because of the Suboxone, which you mentioned you've been trying "not to take". I actually commend you for that, the less Suboxone you're on the better. But keep in mind, Suboxone is also an opiod and while the withdrawals from coming off of Suboxone aren't half as painful as oxycodone, they last 3 times as long at least.

My advice: taper yourself off of the Suboxone as quickly as possible. Only stay on it if you truly feel as though it's the only thing that will keep you from getting high again. If you think you can do it without the help of Suboxone, taper off of it while it's still relatively easy to do so. Believe me, it's worth it.

I can't read the whole thred right now.

My opinion is that it is like the 'super flu'. Another way I sometimes put it is 'dead man walking'.

thanks so much eon_blue i was'nt sure if it would ever go away i know 3 years isnt forever but its a pretty long time for me i guess. I knew you could get addicted to the Suboxone but I had no idea the WD's were worse. They made me feel weird sometimes and i found my self having to do a bump of blow (which i usually never do) to even me out from the strange effects of the suboxone but today i am going to try nothing and hoping f i head back to the gym it will help kick this shit out. I have relapsed so mant times before and I dont wnat to again. but my leg injury gets so bad, i have tried Muscle relaxers, had MRI'S CAT SCANs they say for my pain Opiates seemt o be the answer but like i said the WD"s are not worth it and neither is my feeling of normal that i miss so much... thanks again!

"STILL SUPER TIRED A LOT"

Oh lovely suboxone - my savior, but alas time to part ways. Here we go, the yawning and watery eyes have commenced. Sit back, hold and get ready for the ride....

The worst cold ever. My coughing and sickness turned into bronchitis.

Then having the genius idea to IV Cocaine while jacked up on cold meds during withdrawal is a whole other story.

The worst thing I have found is not the physical symptoms themselves, (not to downplay anyones struggle here, I am just 3 weeks clean of 10 years of methadone & smack abuse) but the fact that you know there is a magic bullet out there that will take away all the pain in an instant. I moved to a small town to get away from opiates and the fact that I knew that there was no chance of scoring anything I'm sure made my symptoms less severe or more bearable at least. Good luck everyone.

Then having the genius idea to IV Cocaine while jacked up on cold meds during withdrawal is a whole other story.

oohhh...god...that sounds like a horrible idea, lol.

Coming down from IV cocaine + opiate withdrawal = suicide, or at least I'd think so. Luckily I haven't experienced the two at the same time.

oohhh...god...that sounds like a horrible idea, lol.

Coming down from IV cocaine + opiate withdrawal = suicide, or at least I'd think so. Luckily I haven't experienced the two at the same time.

I felt like a human iced cube.

I was sweating from every pore and cold as ice. As I was puking.. I kept saying.. "I hate cocaine, I hate cocaine..."

Ive shot it again since and had a pleasant experience.;)

A nightmare, but do-able if you can taper a bit . Easy with bupe/subutex.

Although opiate WD isnt anywhere near as bad as valium withdrawal.

^^^^^^^^^ 100% correct , abrupt benzo withdrawal is potentially fatal & phased benzo withdrawal can take a long long time.

it can be like a bad cold/flu like symptoms to up to week of physical misery followed by at least another cupla weeks of emotional/psychological torment.
there r a lot of variables eg;

potency of opiod,quantity,tapering time , longevity of habit,use of alcohol,other drugs & many other factors

Ime of hospital opiate dettox's , first time was a nightmare becos of amount i was using , the benzo factor & continuity of habit(no 'clean' time) & it was nightmarish even in a controlled therapeutic setting.they dettoxed me using methadone& then Britlafex/Lofexadine,meaning i also had to dettox from the 'done.after 4 weeks i didnt want to leave the treatment facility & was very vulnerable for months after it.
second time, a year later, i had a break of 4 mnths clean b4 using again.that time they just used Britlafex because of the break in continuous use,i wasnt using the same amount & it was less potent gear i was coming off.
Point i am making is that there are a lot of different factors to figure in.

there are quite a few sites dealing with aides to making a more comfortable 'home dettox' which i found helpful

Day 1

I'm on my first day of withdrawal from a year long oxy habit. The last time I used was 3pm yesterday. It 7pm now.

Its horrible. I'm standing here at work, I work in a cafe, and I'm sweating to death. I'm anxious and bad tempered. I woke up this morning to the worst diarrhea I've ever had, and I only slept after downing 3 benadryl. Restless legs and a swollen throat. My body aches, and worse, the pain from the bad neck injury that started this horrible habit is starting to surface.

I told my lovely boyfriend I hate his guts this morning, for asking me to quit (he begged actually). I don't blame him. My tolerance is so high I spend more than I can ever afford on it, its become my life, and I'm starting to worry that I'll OD, just die in my sleep, if I keep going.

I've tried to kick before, but on my 3rd or 4th day I cave in.

I've outted myself to my friends and my boyfriend, in hopes that the support of other people will help, but I'm afraid they are just going to hate when I eventually go back to using. I know I will once my tolerance subsides. I give it 3 maybe 4 weeks.

How do I stay off it? When I'm not doped up the pain in my neck is so bad. The migraines are intensely horrible. I go to the chiropractor. I take arthritis meds. Is this going to be my whole life? Choosing between being a broke junky or miserably sober?

Depends on where u are when u stop. I have stopped in good situations, and then I just feel sicky and shity, but when my life was fucked up and I stopped cuz of no money, it feels like torture. Not only do I feel like a depressed zombie with no life, I also feel extremely dark and scary. I would say that its the dark scary part that haunts me more than anything.

For oxy W/D, I tend to notice my legs and arms alot, they feel as though I've worked them out intensely, as they feel sore and swollen and well, very uncomfortable and noticable. This then manifests itself in wanting to move them, keep them still, not know what to do with them, which causes anxiety. I take xanax and librium to help with W/D's. I went through a medical detox for heroin and used benzos and claunadine (sp) to get off.

The question is much like asking someone to describe what pain feels like. It's subjective and highly individualized.

Day 2

Its 1:30AM on Day 2

I don't feel as horrible as a did. Smoking pot helps a lot. A LOT. I still feel anxious and restless. I doubt I'll sleep. Still have the runs. Keeping myself occupied with the internet. This blog kept me busy for hours.

http://kaliyuga.org/

I'd say the downside is that I'm an artist and I have important commissioned work to do that has been totally ignored the past two days and the deadline is getting closer.

I'd say I'm in a good point in my life, which adds to reasons to quit.

New job that requires my full attention; not that I was getting high at work anyway. I scheduled my life so I'd be sober during work hours and then just get wasted all through the night, wake up a little high, and allow that to wear off during the morning and by the time work rolled around I was in the weird middle ground gray area were I wasn't high but not in pain. By 9pm I'd rush home to get high and restart the cycle.

A semi-new boyfriend. My last one was a junkie (surprise!) and a drinker. I've been with my current BF nine months. He has a real job (salary, benefits), is family-minded and very caring. He is practically straight edge besides some random psychedelic-drug experimentation. He was in the dark about my opiate use. He thought it was just pot and had no issue with that. This is a deal-breaker for him.

and for myself... I'm afraid. Afraid of ruining my life. Afraid of dying in my sleep. Afraid of loosing this job and my wonderful boyfriend.

The worse part for me is the restless legs. I try and go to bed but I lay there feeling like I want to cry for no reason.. then the legs start up, they want to move and will not stay still for shit.. it gets to the point where I scream outloud and kick my covers off and come and get on the computer.. but the legs continue there

then the hallucunations start... u go through all the droors in your house looking for a pill (or something) and then you see one, in a bottle... you shake the bottle and can hear the pill rattling around.. u can see it.. but u go to take it and its GONE!! it was a hallucination. worse day of my life.

Dont get yourself into the perdicament.. I am lucky enough to have a constant supply of cheap/free opiates but if I ever wanted to get off again I would seriously taper myself and get some loperamide, bupe etc

Damn restless legs :|. Single worst symptom by far for me. Drives me insane too the point where i'm led there in a puddle of sweat thinking crazy thoughts that to stop it I could chop my own legs of :\.

Still got restless legs now, even after being clean for 8 days, it's driving me insane. The rebound insomnia isn't helping either, felt like I haven't slept since my last hit either.