• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What are YOUR Top 3 Favorite Alcoholic Drinks?

As far as what I'll be able to find in the average liquor store for a decent price:

1) Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (Torpedo IPA when lucky)
2) Lagunitas Hop Stoopid (Almost always underpriced 22oz IMO)
3) New Belgium Ranger IPA (Decent, and almost everywhere on the cheap in the South Western US

Favorite Brews of all time:
1) Mikeller Beer Geek Breakfast (Chocolate Oatmeal Stout, from Norway I believe)
2) Russian River Brewing Pliney the Elder (they've earned the title, but really any SoCal Craft Breweries latest greatest IPA will likely delight)
3) Nectar Ale's Hemp Ale

Don't drink any other Alcohol besides Beer.

All I need is Sambuca and desparado!
We set fire to the 'buca shot, blow it out, and drink. (I honestly have no idea why. Tradition?.)
Desperdo; I discovered it in france, hard to find so import. It's called "tequila beer", but tastes of lime.

1) Stone Rumination Double IPA
2) Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA
3) Sierra Nevada Pale ale

Top 3 beers... I don't drink much though -- mostly for taste. Don't care for the effects of alcohol really. I like some wines and stuff too, interesting things like this Japanese fruit wine I had. Used a whole bunch of fruits, but mostly plum/grape.

Blind Melon, we got similar taste. I want to try this 22oz of Hop Stoppid but the only place near me that sells craft beers is some indian convienience market. Like $7-8 for the 22oz bottle. Best deal I can get there is a 6 pack of Sierra Nevada / Random other Sierra @ $9 or Stone IPA for $11. Drinking a Stone IPA now. Just turned 21 in August. Starting to try more craft beers. More hops please.

P.S. I've never liked any Sam Adams I've had yet. Seems over rated/marketed to me.

Favorite beer: Creemore Springs premium lager

Favorite wine: Taylor Fladgate ten year old port

Favorite spirit: a tie between Gordons gin (gin, lime juice, aloe juice), Jack Daniels Tennessee honey (strait up) or Bacardi 151 (in a milkshake)

I'm more of a beer guy though, and I only drink port, no wine.

some honorable mentions are in order:

beer: Red Stripe blonde, Phillips analogue kolsch, Creemore Springs kellerbier, Rocky Mountain brewing Company honey lager

wine: Niagara blueberry wine

I don't like any other spirits, and have never been a liqueur guy

some suggestions on here I like the idea of: passion fruit cider, irish mist, nectar ale's hemp ale, southern tier brewing company and blue moon belgian white

For beer, I like lagunitas IPA

For liquor, I like Hendrick's gin.

For wine, I just ask my fuckin wine salesman friend to grab me something nice for 50 bucks

I don't care if I ever become a billionaire, I'm sticking to these... those wine tasters are full of shit, double blind study style.. they don't know the difference..

beer. don't ever drink natty, keystone (unless it's keystone ice and u just want the alc %) or mil's worst please. Rolling Rock, Becks, Heinekens are good too... i want that green drank.

busch600.jpg

the finest of wine, extra extra sweet

bkpvdr.jpg

Absolut. Cure of all ails.. medium priced, grey goose tastes like the same decent shit, but I guess ppl really must like that goose pic to pay that much. they aren't tryin to be trendy or nuthin..

Absolut-Vodka-Review.jpg

24009417.jpg

wine: red, dry and barrolo. or maybe a good bourdeaux. i don't really give a fuck beyond that.
1524.gif

number 1 fav, gin and tonic (not to picky on the gin but unless im at a bar it will not be bottom shelf shit)

2, white rascal by the avery brewing company (wheat belgium)

3, stone ipa

Beer: Firestone Walker Double Jack and their Wookey Jack, Boulevard sixth glass, Stone sublimely self-righteous also their best by series.
Wine: No
Liquor: Hot shots of tanqueray

Last edited:
Thats an easy one for me

1) Beer - Black Ice, MGD, Bud, Lucky
2) Cider - Preferably pear or peach cider
3) Gin - Bombay Sapphire is where its at

I don't drink anything but those 3 lolol.

Oh yeah you have good taste Bombay is pretty much one of my favs, along side with a few brands of vodka. Nothing like some bombay topped off with a little tonic and some lime juice. Even straight it taste hella good.

Seems like there's a lot of hops lovers out there. Im new to craft beer, just 21, but I found out I'm definitely a hop-head. Haven't found many good places to get craft beer in my area yet.

just a tangential FYI, the term craft when applied to beer means output. the limit for a brewery to be determined craft is 6 million barrels per year.

sam adams is a craft brewery.

craft does not automatically mean good or bad.

Ahhhh, nice!! Finally a Bluelight thread I can relate to :D

Liquor.....1. Absinthe - My go-to drink. Usually traditional style (diluted with water/sugar), in a "Death in the Afternoon" cocktail (Ernest Hemingway's personal invention...absinthe & champagne), a "Green Russian" (absinthe, vodka, creme de menthe, & milk), or sometimes a New Orleans Sazerac (Herbsaint, Rye, and Bitters).

Wine.....2. Sake - I generally start off every day with a Tamagozake or two (raw egg and sake cocktail). I tend to be a fan of Nigoris...As of late, I've been especially fond of anything with strong hints of coconut.

Beer.....3. Pilsenkraut (Henbane beer) - My love for tropanes couldn't allow me to leave this one out! This is my "special occasion" beverage...generally consumed before Goetic evocations/Haitian possession rites, and the like....or Thelemic celebrations and whathaveyou. Im generally not a beer fan, but if Im forced to consume store-bought beer...I usually go kind of obscure and can generally only tolerate extremely dark Imperial Stouts. "Old Rasputin" comes to mind as a superbly made beer...their "Old Rasputin Barrel-Aged" would have to be my fav. Like $20 a bottle, but well worth it.

I also usually have a few bourbons on hand (Maker's 46, and Woodford Reserve Double Oaked have been my main two lately...and I generally use the High West Distillery for my ryes). Also, for cocktails that call for vodka, I tend to substitute Japanese Shochu instead...it has an infinitely more complex palate. The Kai Spirits company makes a lot of interesting variations.

1. Scotch (pretty picky about my brands tho)
2. Whiskey (from a local distillery)
3. White wine (I like Gruner Vetliner, Chenin Blanc, Riesling, and that's about it)

I don't know how anyone can drink whiskey. I take a shot of whiskey, and it turns into a little ball of fire in my stomach that just stays there; it feels like I swallowed a hot coal. It makes me feel immediately sick and hung-over.

But maybe one day I'll learn to appreciate whiskey. I'd really like to, but for now I just cannot seem to stomach the shit, and I can stomach everything else -- vodka, tequila, rum, gin, whatever.

I don't know how anyone can drink whiskey. I take a shot of whiskey, and it turns into a little ball of fire in my stomach that just stays there; it feels like I swallowed a hot coal. It makes me feel immediately sick and hung-over.

But maybe one day I'll learn to appreciate whiskey. I'd really like to, but for now I just cannot seem to stomach the shit, and I can stomach everything else -- vodka, tequila, rum, gin, whatever.

Oddly enough most anything but whiskey gives me heartburn. Its weird that a chilled glass of decent Chardonnay or a light beer gives me more heartburn\hangover risk than a shot of cheap Kentucky Straight Bourbon. I thought whiskey was hard to stomach and full of cogeners? Anyone got any links to explain this phenomena?

I dont really understand this thread

My favourite beer? ANything strong; Tennents, Kestrel Super, Special Brew

I dont know any 'drinks' but vodka with something sweet is always nice when it masks the dead bitter fuckng taste

Also Baileys is nice, but too sweet and leaves me nauseus

^champagne with beer is good

Man you guys really do drink weak ass beer in the UK if Tennents qualifies as "strong" (iirc it is like 4.4%? Awesome that you can buy it on trains in Scotland though, even if it is overpriced), in Australia 4.7-5% is basically considered standard and above 6/7% or so would probably be "strong". I remember being over there last year (been numerous times, infact used to live in Scotland, first time since I have been drinking age though) and buying a few brands of beer I like here in Australia without looking at alcohol content, several of them were considerably weaker (like more than 1% difference in alcohol content, Carlsberg Green springs to mind, 3.8% in the UK, 4.8% in Australia if brewed under licence and 5% if imported from Denmark) than the same brand over here. Not hanging shit, just an observation. Atleast they serve pints at every pub there, it seems most of my local ones are trying to phase out the pint, cunts!