• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What are your favourite psychedelic RC's and why?

Added some 4-HO-MET sounds good! This will be one of the first to try out.
Downgraded 4-HO-MIPT in priority as I still have a sample of 4-ACO-DMT that I still haven't tried for quite some time..

Cool, good luck experimenting! You really can't go wrong with 4-sub-tryptamines, they're all very nice. I've only tried a few but I have heard very few negative reports on any of them. They seem very safe, and very psychedelic.

My god I really wanna get hold of some 2C-B powder and give it a whirl...

I've never been a fan of 2C-B, and a lot of my friends don't like it much either. I find it to be indistinct and shallow. Still fun, but not my cup of tea. I've probably only tried it about 4-6 times, so I'd like to give it another shake at some point. I definitely prefer 2C-E and 2C-D, which also happen to be legal in my jurisdiction.

Does 2C-B still count as an RC these days? It seems like one that might have crossed into the realm of "real" drugs, because it's mostly illegal, widely circulated on the black market, and pretty well known (and used).

True 2C-B has been tried and tested sufficiently to play with the big boys.
But for me it is the original RC. <3
In what doses do you prefer 2C-D? Isn't 2C-E the one nicknamed 'eternity' due to its long duration?

Last edited:
Yeah 2C-B sort of is the original RC, I can see that. Since LSD and MDMA, it's probably the most successful psychedelic/empathogen, would you say?

So far I like 2C-D for the light easy doses. 2C-D is the mildest of psychedelics. I've tested it out from about 6mg - 15mg, which is never overwhelming, always warm, mild, social, fun. I find 2C-B can be used in this way too at low doses, but 2C-D feels nicer, more smooth. It has a bit of the mescaline quality to it, of peace, connectedness, warmth. I think of it as a small version of mescaline.

2C-E is a similar tool, but much sharper (than 2C-D). Clear headed, stronger, more psychedelic but also more sober. It's better for going a lot further, and it's longer lasting too. I never heard that nickname 'eternity' but it does last a while and feels epic. But there are lots of RCs that last way longer, like the subbed amphetamines, and the -fly's. It's definitely very different from LSD, but I can see why the comparison gets made, it has that mighty quality to it that LSD does. I find it feels more like mescaline though. It's like a very technical version of mescaline. I say technical mescaline, because it's more crisp, less dreamy, less inebriating. You can keep your head together pretty well on it.

Probably 2C-D and 2C-E are less stimulating that 2C-B, but I can't tell yet. 2C-B probably ended up being more successful than 2C-D and 2C-E because of that; it works well at making people excited on the dancefloor. I'm interested in combining 2C-D or 2C-E with a mild and safe stimulant for ravey time, but all of the stimulants I can think of have a bit of a dark side. Or at least I have a stigma against them! Suggestions welcome.

Hmm, so many good psychedelics out there with their own flavor... I will admit though that I'm getting more nit-picky with what psychs I ingest as my use slows down.

4-ho-met - Good stuff indeed, very colorful and friendly material for the most part but contrary to what most experience I've had my ass handed to me a few times, nevertheless it's still quite friendly and fun.

4-aco-dmt - Again, good stuff imo... a bit deeper than metocin but not by much. This stuff is more for tuning into my emotions rather than all out mental exploration. Nice swirly visuals with a nice euphoria and overall almost narcotic, drunken undertone. Very gothic in nature as well.

aMT - Miss this stuff :(, definitely my favorite "recreational" psychedelic. On it's own there will be little if any therapeutic work being done but it feels really fucking good and produces some unique egyptian type visuals for me. Also has a very nice effect on music, adds alot of depth and combined with the MDMA-esque body high it's a great feeling of serenity. Lasts long but never fails to keep me entertained, shame I'll most likely never see this chem again.

2c-e - Yeah, for me this is an ass-whoopin' in powder form. VERY deep and beautiful, but an experience that is always humbling. The bodyload is quite unpleasant but proper dosage fixes that. Definately the most usefull phen for head exploration with crystal clear geometric visuals to boot.

2c-i - This one's a bit iffy, if you would've asked me a few years back I wouldn't have added it to this list due to the fact that it tends to overstimulate me, cause "choppy" persisting visuals for weeks afterwards, and I require huge doses of this phen but I ran into a small amount a couple months back and all three trips so far have been great with no bodyload. I just realIy love the amount of structure and geometry to the visuals, very visually appealing. Add that to a nice warm colored theme, buzzy but euphoric body high, with a friendly headspace and it's a good time indeed, not very deep though.

LSD - Oh boy do I love acid, as mainstream as the whole LSD following is this drug has earned it's place on my pedestal. Low/med doses are cool and interesting but it's true colors shine for me at high doses.The complex cognitive branching and clarity of my whole life situation on high doses is unreal. Surprising really as lower doses have a tendency to scramble thoughts. Anyways the mental effects, fantastic body high, crisp warm colored visuals, low bodyload, and full blown synesthesia achieved with high doses of L are unparalleled. This material is treated with respect and dosed maybe 2x a year tops.

Now that I get to thinking there are a few more favs but I can take up half the page listing reasons for liking certain drugs so I won't. Treat chems like a drug of their own as opposed to just a replacement and you begin to find positives in each drug, well for the most part.
-----------
Just realized this is the "your favorite RC" thread, whoops. All but one, maybe two since aMT was prescribed and researched more than most research chems are anyways, so no harm done I guess.

Last edited:
Hey CK! How have you been? You tried DOC yet? AMT used to be my favorite but DOC takes its place for my favorite recreational psychedelic, that doubles as a deep tool at times.

^^
Any special reason why you shouldnt see this chemical again?
I am just wodering if there is something up other than the UK ban.

So far I like 2C-D for the light easy doses. 2C-D is the mildest of psychedelics. I've tested it out from about 6mg - 15mg, which is never overwhelming, always warm, mild, social, fun.

Sounds tasty..
*Shamanism grabs scale and 2C-D and starts to weigh out 11mg*

Yes ordered some AMT freebase to check if I should stock up on this.
I'm looking for the ultimate psychedelic sex powder, but I don't mind either way. I will see what it has in store for me.;)
¥

Last edited:
^ Forewarning, if your looking for visuals aMT seems to be very hit or miss. Some get lots of visuals, some get none. Same goes for bodyload, for those whom it works right for though, man is it a blast lol.

Hey CK! How have you been? You tried DOC yet? AMT used to be my favorite but DOC takes its place for my favorite recreational psychedelic, that doubles as a deep tool at times.

Hey what's up xork, I'm doing great thanks for asking. I've been on a break from drugs (and BL) besides a handfull of trips. I've tried DOC about 5 or 6 times but it's been a while since I've taken it. It's good stuff but it feels like somethings just missing, not sure what but it seems the visual/body effects/headspace ratio is a bit...off? Don't get me wrong, it's a very beautiful and intensely visual substance (probably the most visual next to 2c-e) but I never get a deep experience and after 10 hours it grows a little stale. With aMT there's always that pure sense of tranquility, euphoria, and music appreciation to make up for the lack of headspace but I get none from DOC, just insanely pretty visuals. I do still have plans to plug It though, just don't know when. What's next though for sure is AL-LAD, SUPER excited for this one as I procrastinated last time it was making the rounds and missed out. Anyways yeah, things are goin great man. Still off the kratom as well :).

@Torresmo - I'm just in the states and legality is an issue. No biggy though, I've had my fun with the stuff and one thing the government can't take away is the fond memories I'll always have :).

Last edited:
Methoxetamine.

Also worth checking out: any 4-subbed tryptamine (4-aco-DMT, 4-ho-MIPT, 4-ho-MET etc), any 2c (2cb, 2ce, 2ci etch), the NBomes, 3-meo-PCP, DPT, I'm sure I must be missing a few....

But yeah that mxe tho

5-meo-mipt has been a lot of fun so far, and has the advantage of being more distinct from the 'traditional' psychedelics than the various 4-sub trypts I've tried. I can identify subtle differences between them, but I can't really imagine craving one of them and not being satisfied with some psilocin, whereas I can imagine wanting -mipt and not finding anything else to be an acceptable alternative. It's probably the RC I will keep around most consistently for the foreseeable future.

25C-NBOMe was interesting, but I've only tried it 3 times. From what I experienced, I think I like the NBOMEs better than the 2Cs - the visuals and headspace felt very similar to my extensive trials with 2C-E and 2C-I and my limited experiments with 2C-P, but with a much cleaner bodyload that made it easier to push the dose into truly psychedelic territory without unbearable nausea or stimulation.

4-aco-dmt holds a special place in my heart as the compound that convinced me this whole RC psychedelics scene was worth exploring. Mushrooms apparently decided to stop working for me very early in my psychonaut career (between my first and second years of undergrad, I went from having consistently awesome shroom trips to usually just getting really nauseous and a little off baseline for a few hours), and 4aco feels very similar to what I remember good shroom trips being like. 4-ho-met was lovely too, but I didn't get enough experience with it to clearly differentiate between it and 4-aco. One of these days I'll have to explore the 4-subs more extensively.

@perpetualdawn
Yes I think 2C-B is the most sucessful psychedelic (apart from LSD) especially since the MDMA draught of 2008 when most pills contained 2C-B (or methylone).

Good news.. I looked up 'Eternity' in PiHKAL:
One Tweetio of 2C-E is known. The 5-EtO-homologue of 2C-E is 5-ethoxy-4-ethyl-2-methoxyphenethylamine, or 2CE-5ETO. The nitrostyrene intermediate had a melting point of 110-110.5 °C, and the final hydrochloride a melting point of 184-185 °C. The effective level of 2CE-5ETO is in the 10 to 15 milligram range. It is gentle, forgiving, and extremely long lived. Some 3 to 4 hours were needed to achieve plateau, and on occasion experi-ments were interrupted with Valium or Halcion at the 16 hour point. After a night's sleep, there were still some effects evident the next day. Thus, the dose is comparable to the parent compound 2C-E, but the duration is 2 to 3 times longer.8( It was given the nickname "Eternity" by one subject.
So I can safely try 2C-E without the need for a shitload of benzos..

So far 11mg 2C-D feels very subtle, stoned in a way, been working on the computer for a while and at first didn't feel anything, slow gradual come up, music was nice.
Feels very smooth and functional (less wave like intensity than 2C-B), even food tastes good.

Strange: after a while I get the urge to add a dopaminergic stimulant to the mix, (but don't) perhaps to add focus and spice up the serotonergic stoned feel.
Perhaps a clearer, more sharper candidate than 2C-D is out there... 2C-E?

@I B Profane
I have been on the fence with MXE, I'm not much of a ket head, I might like it alot. I have lots of candy already and as it is getting banned here soon. I think I will skip this & never miss this.
Only tried a conservative treshold dose of 3-meo-pcp ~6mg, didn't get a good feel for it yet, but will definately persue this further, as the hypomanic effects sound like fun. Next time: 9mg.

@CaptianKratom
It's been over 20 years ago, when I took acid (microdot), but I'm also very eager to try some AL-LAD
that's coming this way.. I might stock up on this too, now it seems this is probably the last chance we get for this one..
How functional could one be on this? Can't wait to find out... =D

(Still in an exellent mood)
(Still in an exellent mood, but took some etiz, party tomorrow want to get a bit of sleep)

Last edited:
^ Forewarning, if your looking for visuals aMT seems to be very hit or miss. Some get lots of visuals, some get none. Same goes for bodyload, for those whom it works right for though, man is it a blast lol.

Hey what's up xork, I'm doing great thanks for asking. I've been on a break from drugs (and BL) besides a handfull of trips. I've tried DOC about 5 or 6 times but it's been a while since I've taken it. It's good stuff but it feels like somethings just missing, not sure what but it seems the visual/body effects/headspace ratio is a bit...off? Don't get me wrong, it's a very beautiful and intensely visual substance (probably the most visual next to 2c-e) but I never get a deep experience and after 10 hours it grows a little stale. With aMT there's always that pure sense of tranquility, euphoria, and music appreciation to make up for the lack of headspace but I get none from DOC, just insanely pretty visuals. I do still have plans to plug It though, just don't know when. What's next though for sure is AL-LAD, SUPER excited for this one as I procrastinated last time it was making the rounds and missed out. Anyways yeah, things are goin great man. Still off the kratom as well :).

Great man, glad to hear it! Yeah we're all affected differently, that's for sure... I do agree that DOC can sometimes be a bit shallow but I also have had many deep trips from it... this past weekend at my first Phish show I had a totally emotionally freeing trip on 3mg, probably my best DOC trip ever and one of the best classic psychedelic trips I've had in a long time. Did you take a break before I used ibogaine to cure my addiction? I can't remember, but I wrote about it, it's near the top of the TR forum right now. :)

Shamanism - yeah, 11mg of 2C-D is quite a low dose, I hear 50mg is where it starts to really get psychedelic. 2C-E and 2C-D do have a lot of similarities... 2C-E is balls-out intense but super crystal clear, it can be a difficult experience sometimes but it's ranks in my top 3 psychedelics, the most overwhelmingly psychedelic and most clear and mathematical and fractal trip of my life was with 2C-E. Probably the most powerful psychedelic I've ever done. I've never taken 2C-D above 20mg.

4 aco dmt, great visuals, minimal body load, not too long a duration or too short in terms of subjective effects. 4 aco met a more euphoric/fun version of 4 aco dmt with the visuals toned down. 3 meo pcp. This is just another level of crazy fun but something to respect. 3 meo pcp can and will eat you up, shit you out and not bat an eyelid in the process.

Everyone I've shared 3 meo pcp with, all experienced tripper/dissociative users have lost it on this one at least once to varying degree's. Be prepared if they do for utter psychosis. Have benzo's on hand, I've found they minimize the psychosis if you can get it into the individual. Trip sitting can be a bitch on this one. Take in the safety of your own home and never give more than 20 mg to a first timer. One guy raided my stash while I was out the room, or rather helped themselves without asking. He lost his shit big time. Not fun.

Great man, glad to hearI've! Yeah we're all affected differently, that's for sure... I do agree that DOC can sometimes be a bit shallow but I also have had many deep trips from it... this past weekend at my first Phish show I had a totally emotionally freeing trip on 3mg, probably my best DOC trip ever and one of the best classic psychedelic trips I've had in a long time. Did you take a break before I used ibogaine to cure my addiction? I can't remember, but I wrote about it, it's near the top of the TR forum right now.

That sounds like a good time, I've never taken DOC at any events but given it's long duration and friendly nature it seems like it would do the trick so perhaps I'll give it a shot. Can't say I go to to many shows nowadays but I'll know when the time is right. As for quitting before your iboga trip I sure did, going back through some posts it appears I've been clean since early april. And your TR, I'm still only about 75% of the way through but man is it a good read! It's also wonderful to see how your writings over the years have opened up a sort of community of support towards you, the internet's a beautiful thing when used properly. Anyways cherish the sober life and look back at that whole situation as a bump in the road, I wish you the best.

Thanks man, the Internet surely is a beautiful thing. :) As is life. Everything is beautiful for me right now. <3 I hope things are going at least half as well for you as they are for me.

AL-LAD, 4-aco-DMT, And LSZ are my favorites. would love to try more sub trypts though.