• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What are YOUR Auditory Hallucinations Like?

My first experience of ever being high on weed was hearing rising angelic tones and it was amazing since it was the first time I ever realized I was high off weed or any substance.

It was basically the sound of "my mind opening", as if some sort of receptor was tapped into for the very first time and the gates were opened at once.

I also remember once hearing "video game sounds" on weed during my first year of smoking, man, I wish it could ever feel like that again.

On Salvia I have talked to a number of "deities" including the spirit of Salvia itself in the form of a floating diamond with a face...actually THAT was the single greatest hallucination I've ever gotten.

Also, I once bought a big "herb package" of some sorts from an online vendor and smoked some of it with some weed while listening to Strawberry Alarm Clock's Incense and Peppermints album on Vinyl (talk about great trip music).

All of the sudden out of nowhere, the music sounded as if it were coming from really far away, actually, it sounded exactly as if I were under water and hearing the music coming from above me...a very strange and at the time unsettling experience which lasted for about an hour.

Looking back I think it was cool, but at the time I didn't like it.

To this day I still wonder exactly what herb it was out of the many (or synergy) that I smoked in that package that produced the effect.

I think perhaps it may have been Sinicuichi since I've heard it can have that effect except that it's usually drank and not smoked.

I wonder if anyone else has any idea to what kind of "herb" might have produced that effect?

Last edited:
When DMT (my fave) is smoked, music becomes sentient and sapient, like a life form. This is the best way to describe it. You can listen to a song sober 1000 times; smoke DMT and listen to that song, and it will be completely different.

ayahuasca and fresh shrooms and 4-aco-dmt always gives me boingy boingy sounds.

boingy boingy is spot on. ive only had it once, when i snorted 100mg dmt. i like to think it was the 'Dmt Elves' trying to communicate but obviously was just wishful thinking.

Other times on DMT music can sound expansive and cavernous and like a landscape even. soooo much like crack that stuff - other trippy stuff dont make music sound nearly as good

Well, my most fascinating auditory hallucinations have actually been from just being me. Not that I'm crazy or anything, but I've had some pretty fascinating experiences. Like once I heard the best song I have ever heard in my life, clearly with the lyrics and everything as if the radio was blasting but nobody was there and there was no radio. The lyrics were about the ills of capitalism and the beat to this song was incredible. I was laying there for probably 5 minutes hearing it. I wrote the lyrics down, but I think I lost it. Also, one evening I heard an older man tell me that "you can be" regarding something I was striving for in my life at that time. By far the coolest was one day when walking down the street and I was nearly hit by a car and what saved me was a woman's voice telling me to get out of the street. If this had not happened, I would have gotten run over. I actually hear stuff a lot, even without drugs and have for a long time so I have literally thousands of examples that I could share.

For whatever reason I only seem to get strong auditory hallucinations (at least voices) from tryptamines, but not phenethylamines or lysergamides. ~35mg 4-HO-MET with a few bowls of cannabis created at least four voices (entities?) in my head, who debated over my destiny.

I was pretty much only lying in bed, feeling rather helpless and hoping that they decide to let me live (they eventually did)!

For music enhancement 2C-E is the clear winner. Clear, loud, the sound no longer comes from your speakers, but from everywhere, paired with insane musical euphoria. Goes perfectly with trance/psy/goa.

Tryptamines let you tap into the cosmic symphony. Alas, soundscape is just as hyperreal as the visuals, so the greatest work of art could never come close to reproducing it and attempting to bring it into any medium that I can work with will devalue it and subtract from the memory. One time I walked home for several hours on mushrooms. At the start of my journey I heard a wind chime. This was the spark or nucleus which was built on for the rest of the walk. Endless variation and elaboration on a simple theme. The way things are sampled and mixed together creates a completely original rhymthymic style, although somewhat reminicent of acid jazz. I have heard angels and thousands of people singing in unison.

Sounds channeled, as in speaking in tongues, that's another story altogether.

When I tripped on 25I and 25B, I would often hallucinate the sound of my phone ringing. It was pretty annoying at times because the sound would just constantly loop for 5 or 10 minutes lol

First time I smoke DMT and got a real one, the voices on TV were 100% robotic and unintelligible. Awesome.

Mine usually sound like people whispering in the distance or a loud drilling sound (usually only from 2c-e)
On dmt though it's usually very strange alien sounds, like I'm aboard a spaceship from a low budget sci fi film

Listening to psytrance and it was talking to me, all the sounds were coming out like words in my head. All nonsensical babble and it got pretty annoying after a while.

Just the usual hearing my name being called and stuff like that. When I lived with my parents I'd hear them call my name and bang on my door, one time it turned out to be real and I got in lots of trouble haha. I've never had too many auditory hallucinations for some reason, that I can remember anyway. Worst ones I've had we're from being up on speed for a few days and I would hear phantom car doors opening and closing right outside my window haha.

I haven't got a wide range of experience, but mushrooms definitely create some very interesting auditory perceptions (I wouldn't call them hallucinations, as they're real sounds in my experience). Went to hang out with my workmate while he worked his second job running the lighting at one of my city's biggest nightclubs. When the place was still fairly quiet (so only like 10:30 - 11pm), there's few enough people and the music isn't turned up loud enough that groups' conversations start sounding really fucking trippy. I believe it's to do with the effect mushrooms have on dulling your ability to focus on any one thing, and in this example it's sound - your consciousness is unable to focus attention on any single group's conversation, so I was sitting there effectively forced to pay attention to each and every voice in the club hahaha