• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What are YOUR Auditory Hallucinations Like?

ImDirtyDan

Bluelighter
Tell Us what drug and your favorite/weirdest/coolest auditory hallucinations were! Curious I am

Mine is DXM and I heard classical music and Sinatra for an hour and a half straight :!:!

Weed of all things can produce bizarre cartoonish sound effects out of nowhere, and even, frighteningly, the did-I-just-hear-that echo of voices.

Acid once gave me some truly alien noises in a shopping centre, as every voice, ad and note of music blurred into an oscillating wuh-wuh-wuh-wuh soundscape that lasted for hours after I'd left.

On a high dose of mushrooms, I once heard chalk on a blackboard, a dog barking in my ear and a rubbish bin being rolled down a hill out of nowhere. *shrug*

Acid once gave me some truly alien noises in a shopping centre, as every voice, ad and note of music blurred into an oscillating wuh-wuh-wuh-wuh soundscape that lasted for hours after I'd left.

hahahaha ya acid has defiantly done some pretty weird things to me too. Thought i saw Barney in Walmart off 5 tabs once xD it was a crazy night

When I was on DOB I kept hearing a song I'd discovered the day before all night and day. It was "Hanging On (Sound Remedy Remix)" by Ellie Goulding, an excellent song and highly recommended for an acid trip btw. :p

But I remember hearing the song start playing in my head as soon as the peak began and I quickly rushed over to the stereo to put the song on. After that, the song was literally playing for the remainder of the trip, even though I had turned it off after it repeated 2 or 3 times LOL. There was a period of about 5 or 6 hours where all I was trying to do was go to sleep but that song was playing full blast like some kind of internal fuel source that filled me with a ceaseless roaring energy. Eventually I fell asleep about 20 hours into the trip after a massive rip of some flower/oil and awoke with no residual hallucinations, just a slightly DOB-ish headspace.

Honestly though, I loved DOB. Not as fun as LSD, but quite a worthwhile psychedelic nonetheless.

My thought loops on LSD would often consist of the last weird sounds off some Animal Collective tracks repeating over and over and over when it was silent. Sounded like true insanity lol.

Plus I absolutely love the ways in which LSD distorts you perception of sound such as with music. I've never experienced anything quite like it with any other psychs.

Last edited:
On 6.1g mushrooms it sounded as if I was in the middle of a fire; everything was crispy and crackling. Same time I also heard radio squelching noises, as if someone was trying to tune a radio on a crowded spectrum and failing. That's it really; unless you count the perception of tryptamine buzzing?

Tom

ayahuasca and fresh shrooms and 4-aco-dmt always gives me boingy boingy sounds.
high dose IM dmt gives an almost deafening "machine hum" that reverberates like a huge diesel engine...sometimes this hum will have a "voice" inside the noise.
It kinda souowowownds like somomomomome huge machineineineineine giant.

My first time I did mushrooms I had about 4 grams dried. I was hanging out in my roommates living room with my friends and my roommates parrot really enjoyed my voice at all times, she would always mimic me, not saying all my words but making "word noises", and the thing had my laugh down to a T. Well normally this didn't phase me but being naive to psychedelics and on my first trip, it was insane. Imagine tripping your balls off and having a big bird saying everything you were saying with a 2 second delay and ending everything with YOUR EXACT LAUGH. Of course this made me laugh more and caused a vicious cycle of the bird and I cackling and rolling about on the floor.
EDIT-I guess this might not apply as an auditory hallucination but it was damn great anyways.

Last edited:
My favourite topic.

Tryptamine drugs and LSD are just plain awesome for enjoying good music on. Music is supremely enhanced and all encompassing. Ambient noises too are really cool, like people talking, wolves howling, wind blowing leaves, creaky swings. It all gets super saturated and kind of exaggerated but not fake sounding.

Auditory equivalent of CEV Hallucinations (what i hear in my head in relative silence) is a lot of flangey, phasey, delay loop type stuff.
Last time I dosed some 4-AcO-DMT I was treated to vivid hallucinations of a trippy jungle soundscape, with cicadas, frogs and birds, and all of their sounds were way beyond anything realistic, like zipping around and glitching like granular synthesis type sounds. Incredible. Full detailed stereo field, 7.1 Surround sound actually!!

Usually lying in bed during comedown, or next morning after, I'll get vivid music playing, completely invented out of my brain somewhere, in the grey area between being out of my control, and involved with imagination a bit too.

Stuff like that..

dxm gave me awesome orchestra type music and once i thought i was listening to someones conversation in the next house over.

weed has given me musical hallucinations too im pretty sure, its awesome.

ever since i got hppd i get weird random sounds like shrieking, bells ringing or bangs as im falling asleep, its pretty weird, i only notice it if i start to wake up and they will stop. if i start drifting back to sleep they come back.

and ofcourse everybody knows the nitrous sounds

There is this very distinct metallic flanging sound that I've experienced on DPT. It reminds me a lot of the wub-wubs you experience on nitrous except more distinct and intense. And also, less regular and homogeneous. TBH it kind of makes me feel like I'm right on the verge of being abducted by aliens, as per the classic Hollywood cliche. Feels weirdly robot-like, sterile and artificial, as well as hyper-intelligent. I find it to be both very fascinating and incredibly creepy.

Leaving aside DIPT, I often get the sensation of volume going up and down on everything I listen to, specifically on 2C-E. More interestingly I can so vividly visualize the 3-dimensional space the sounds and frequencies occupy and it's as if every little piece has a finite shape and texture, as if it was one unique object in my field of vision. And then those objects move and dance to the rhythm creating impossible manipulation of my surroundings. They bend in totally impossible ways, folding in and the layers of the mix interact like tesseracts or something.

On high dose LSD or DMT I get a sound that basically sounds like the universe is ripping apart and deflating violently, it's a "SCREEEEEEEEE-WHOOOOOOOSHHHHHH" sort of sound. Best way I can describe it.

On high dose LSD or DMT I get a sound that basically sounds like the universe is ripping apart and deflating violently, it's a "SCREEEEEEEEE-WHOOOOOOOSHHHHHH" sort of sound. Best way I can describe it.

I think that's what I heard on 100mg 4-AcO-DMT. It was really weird. On that trip I also had "things" talking to me, which was the first time I had outright audio hallucinations on a psychedelic.

Not really a hallucination, but I heard people talking in the other room on a high dose of 4-AcO-DMT and it sounded like they were having sex.

On 4-AcO-MET, music would often seem like it too had "tracers" or rather, delay/echo.

During my 4th plateau dxm experiences laughter would always have a metallic, robot like twinge to it, it was amazing. I would also hear lots of other random metallic/robot-esque noises, it actually sounded very similar to certain types of dubstep even though these trips took place 4 years before I had ever heard dubstep. I've tried to emulate this effect with both ketamine and mxe but for some reason it only happens with dxm. Sadly I don't seem to experience any auditory hallucinations from even large doses of lsd or tryptamines. Meditating while on high dose mescaline brought out some neat tribal like chanting, very mystical stuff.

Last edited:
Once, extremely high, I was listening to a UK punk rock band, and I was hearing all their lyrics in my mother tongue. It made no sense at all and they had the weirdest accent. I should have written it down lol.

I also got these same hallucinations while being half asleep in a foreign country, happened in India and Australia. Sober.

When I go to bed after having smoked, I hear music. It's influenced by the music I've heard during the day. I've come to the conclusion that these are "distorted memories".

I get a lot of audio with 2C-E and LSD in terms of phantom noises, melodies and the like. I remember distinctly stepping on a solid tree root when walking on LSD and heard I loud 'creeeeeaaaaaak!' that could (obviously) not be reproduced. With 2C-E any sort of motion will cause reverbatory twanging, buzzing and wah-wah effects.

In higher doses 5-MeO-aMT offered a massive scope of audio hallucinations and distortions extremely similar to DXM and some unlike it at all. I remember taking a piss on it once and I interpreted all of the reverberating sound as a substance that was dripping out of my ear, accompanied by physical sensation of such. Can't really explain it well, just imagine lumps of sound falling out of your ear and that being the mechanism in which you hear.

With Datura I spent a good hour talking to the eloquent businessmen who live inside my fan.

Finally, with DiPT it's all about the audio, pitch shifting, addition of new layers of sound and timbres, sound based time distortions and everything in between. When I mixed DiPT with DMT there were several different chords of Tibetan throat singing emanating around and encapsulating me.

Mushrooms have always given me some pretty significant audio hallucinations when I've taken them and had a strong trip. The first time I ever used them I went out back to sit on the proch and calm myself down as they were starting to kick in very hard, and though it was quite when I walked out there suddenly I felt like I was spinning more and more in my chair as these sounds of people talking and then screaming and dogs barking and sirens going off and cars crashing just got louder and louder until it was so disorienting that I jumped back up and ran inside. That was on two grams.... Another time on five grams for most of the trip I felt like there was a train constantly roaring by right outside my dorm room window.

Pretty much every time I've ever taken 2C-I it's given me a pretty consistent effect which is applied to both my visual and auditory input: first one side of my perception starts out with everything made very big, loud, or just generally enhanced, while the other side starts out with everything small, muffled, or just dimmed, and then each one slowly begins to slide toward their opposite state, picking up speed as they go until it suddenly snaps at the very end, and then this process begins again in the other direction, ad infinitum. At higher doses it actually makes listening to music sort of frustrating, which is a shame, but the trip itself is still marvelous.

On LSD music is generally just intensified to breathtaking levels, but only at the very highest dose I've taken so far it actually got pretty disharmonious. Different parts of the song would speed up or slow down independently, and some sounds would be raised in pitch while others were lowered, and not proportionally, and there were many sounds that didn't actually exist in the songs along with an absence of sounds that were supposed to be there. It was a little odd to work with at first, but it only lasted for really the first phase of the experience, and as it shifted into the more lucid part music started sounding fantastic again.

With psychedelics in general I also tend to get that effect where the end of at least just one clip of some song you listened to at some point just repeats over and over and over again when you're in silence. It is both interesting and potentially maddening (but not in an overboard way). Usually I use it to keep myself moving to a beat even while walking through nature or something.

Probably the strangest audio hallucination I ever had was on I believe about 750 mg of diphenhydramine (stupid decision), I was at a friend's apartment and he was watching anime, a series that I was actually quite familiar with and had introduced him to. But I wasn't actually watching the screen myself most of the time, and he was watching it in Japanese. I swear, I was hearing all the characters talk in perfect English, but everything they said was complete gibberish. I couldn't help but burst into laughter and ask him what the hell he was watching every time, because I of course forgot. Really strange stuff.

Oh, and on salvia I once had my parents screaming at me constantly while running into my spinning room. Strangely I took this quite calmly, but it was very bizarre.

I also recently experienced the sound effects of nitrous, while on LSD and 4-HO-DiPT. The most prominent features were drastically lowered pitch and lots of echoing, like several times over. I definitely want to go deeper into those....

I have experienced auditory sensations from Mushrooms, Ketamine & LSD. My favorite though is the sensation from good quality Ketamine.The sounds are like iron warping *shinininininininin*the sound vibrating through my skull. The first time I experienced this was from a high quality batch of Ketamine from SR, when I did a line before the Tool concert. The second time was much more intense and came on much faster. It was my first time taking Ketamine intravenously and I heard the same pitched tone of warping iron vibrating through my head as I left my body and when the sound was gone so was I from the room I was physically in. IMO with LSD in low-moderate doses it enhances music but I have not experienced full out sound effects of its own.

My audio hallucinations are that music slows down, and it feels like the music is emenating from everywhere.