European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What Are You Munching On? V2. Stimulants, pizza and Gatorade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im never stingey when it comes to doling out pain meds personally. Having known what real pain feels like if someone says their pain is a 9 or 10 then they get the works ... Morphine, entanox and ibuprofen. Seems pointless not to really...

In the case of 8am maintenance eating your posts, just keep the tab up and refresh with resubmission after 4/5 minutes - 99% of the time it works.
If we're lucky we may get Naproxen! 8o (And the med staff are fucking awful at explaining the risks and side-effects when they do give it out).

She swallowed the egg whole.

Lofexadine should always be given with naproxen....although naproxen is shit anyway IMO

Im never stingey when it comes to doling out pain meds personally. Having known what real pain feels like if someone says their pain is a 9 or 10 then they get the works ... Morphine, entanox and ibuprofen. Seems pointless not to really...
Yeah noone on the ward has to endure any pain if we can help it. We can only give what is charted but if we or the patient feels its not sufficient we get a review from the pain management team. Whatever they need they get generally.

Prescriptions from gp's are much the same in my experience. If you need strong pain relief genuinely you will get it.

Some GPs can be better than others but its always been my view that its better to inadvertantly give morphine to someone who was drug seeking and didnt really need it that to let one person suffer unnecessarily by been suspicious and holding back. After all a 10mg amp of morphine only costs like 80p or something so its hardlh going to bankrupt the NHS. The paperwork involved in filling out your CD book is another matter altogether though...

We have to fill out an S8 or S4 book depending on the classification of the meds (S8 being the most restricted but on my ward also the most commonly used) and do a stocktake every time we access the safe and always with 2 RNs present and counter signing everything.

Now now Sadie, remember we don't eat food from the pan!
Pan hot! Pan burn!

I stubbed my toe, gimme Dihydromorphine.
Failing that I will settle for the opioid with the best name possible: Thebacon.

You little shit whom I love.... It was cold!

I typed out a long reply only for bluelight to be down and it vanished.

Alright i wont complain about having access to decent pain management. Ibuprofen for fractures...thats crazy.

And i cant complain about my cutlets as they were delicious but the chips were a bit average. The chardonnay on the other hand is sublime and i think a second bottle of something will be opened shortly...probably a pinot noir.

How did eating an egg hurt you Sadie? What have you done to yourself? Wisdom teeth?

The glands in my throat are swollen. It makes eating or drinking painful. I'm going to go to the docs tomorrow.

Yeah but if it wasnt for thread derailing shit then BL wouldn't be worth visiting. :)

Some threads need to stay on topic. Munching IMO is not one of them xx

I'm having rice with Furikake seasoning, prawns, pickled ginger and a chili and cucumber salad.

If you can mysteriously acquire 18l of Acetic Anhydride I will knock you up some Aspirin, if you want?
Just Aspirin... definitely Aspirin. :sus:

Status
Not open for further replies.