• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What are you listening to? Part XXX - Sexxxy tunes for sexxxy folks

I am still going on with that Cumbia theme, but I feel this here deserves some strong ganja before listening

Not sold on this, it's not really Dub or Cumbia imho.

To me the Classic Cumbia is the best unmessed with like this.........

600mg Pre-gabalin, decent spliff and 1 pint of Cider House Special as I'm sitting in the sun in the park.
Got this Pablo Dub playing as I get more high.

Pre-gabalin and Proper Dub goes together so well ❤️❤️👍

A brilliant pop song. Pretty John Lennon-esque in it's brilliance imo.

I love the instrumental break, it's just beatiful with the brass section and the harmonica. The backing vocals too.

Last edited:

Just wow. What a great song musically and lyrically. It's already amazing to begin with and then Loudon Wainright III gets acoustic guitar musical accompniment and backing from Richard Thompson no less. Adding a few tweaks, licks, and twists in all the right places, Thompson gives the song a kind of classy, understated, acoustic bluesy flavour.

Not the easiest of subject matter to write and sing about concerning his father's death. But I guess those of us that get to deal with this life event as adults, especially well into adulthood, rather than having to go through it as children, or never even having known your father, can count ourselves fortunate in that regard. The lyrics are extra relatable for me right now, as I've just been through this at the turn of the year.

There's many great songs from all of 3 the artists in this set, Suzanne Vega, Richard Thompson, Loudon Wainright III, and I greatly admire all 3 of them as singer songwriters and musicians.

Vega's takes of Luka and Marlena on the wall are just great. Her voice has just seemed to get better. Thompson performs some of the songs from his very strong 1991 solo album, Rumour and Sigh, including the outstanding 1952 Vincent Black Lightning. His playing and voice are on very fine form.

You can tell that all 3 artists admire and apreciate each others work as well, which is great to see.

This is the second songwriters circle set that I've listened to, and judging by what I've found so far it seems to be a great series. I've watched and enjoyed the first one I found many times already, featuring James Dean Bradfield of the Manic Street Preachers doing a 20 minute acoustic set, with a couple of other musicians I don't know who they are tbh.

Last edited:

I love what this guy has done with his interpretation of this Richard Thompson masterpiece. He's kept the original lyrics and overall structure, but he's Americanised it, in a really great way, and really rocked it up, made it scuzzy, grimy, and rough edged, and added his own feels and his own twists in all the right places.

Pretty brave for anyone to tackle this song, as the original is extremely strong, and it's not the sort of track that's easy to play or sing, or add your own interpretation, especially not one as good as this. He has the voice and guitar style and sound to carry such a complete re-imagining of the song.

It took me 9 years to find it though, or for the you tube algorithm to realise that I would very much appreciate getting to see this. I just had a grin from ear to ear on the first listen. It's just a joy.

Last edited: