• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What are you listening to? Part XXX - Sexxxy tunes for sexxxy folks

^^^ worked a treat, 1.45 hours work done, kitchen and bathroom gleaming. got the oven on for a late small dinner, blasted a bong of lovely weed, quick bath now followed by food and mellowing the music down, beautiful mix of Pablo's beautiful sounds, was blessed to see this legend play a couple of times

RIP Steve Harley (AKA Cockney Rebel) who died yesterday. Thanks for this amazing song. Although this clip was 13 years ago now, just of him jamming in his shed, he definitely still had it, and he still looked and sounded great.

I'll NEVER forget the first time I heard this album & this song stands out to me so much.
Way too much Acid at 3-5am tripping my ass off this came on, I fucking FROZE & my Jaw hit the floor.

@ageingpartyfiend I love The Jam, and especially thier early stuff, so raw and jagged.

I bet they'd have been amazing live.
They were mate, just incredible. Only my second ever gig, saw this actual tour just a few days from the show I'm posting, exact same show at Manchester Apollo infact, great venue. First two songs they played were my favourite Jam tunes at the time, can remember it like yesterday

Last edited:
I can't ever go too long without listening to The Only Ones. So hard to pick just one song to post.

Such a massively under rated and under recognised band

Epic.

I need to listen to more M83, so far I only know this, and the amazing Outro theme that was used for the opening of the TV show Versailles. Gave me full body goose bumps every single time that came on to open the show.

This track was also used in the move Interstellar, which has the most amazing soundtrack and visual effects. If there's any one film I'd like to have watched for the first time while tripping on psychedelics or MXE this would have been it. Many of the visual aspects of intestellar made me think of MXE trips in ways I can't describe, but must be related to the out-of-this-world type of goings on.

Both equally epic and climactic tracks.

Last edited:

This is so good.

EDIT: I could not get enough of this track yesterday. Must have listened to it 20 times, and each time enjoyed it equally or more than the previous.

The whole album is The Pogues at their peak.

IIRC I 'parked' the album after a few listens when it came out when I was around 17 years old. Maybe I thought to myself that I can tell it's amazing but I'll come back to it when I'm ready to fully appreciate it.

I am ready now. It was worth the wait.

Last edited:
It's been too long time since I last listened to many of the brilliant songs on this album. I'd forgotten just how amazingly high the quality of the tunes, the musicianship, the lyrics, and the vocals are on most of the songs on the album.

Last edited: