• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What Are You Drinking? V2. Frosty Jacks - For The Discerning Pisshead

Apparently methylphenidate, which I'm prescribed for ADHD, is converted by the liver to ethylphenidate, in small amounts, when mixed with ethanol / alcohol.

In some cases this combination can lead to feelings of euphoria.

I tried the combo a couple of times since recently increasing to the maximum dose. On the first day at the new high dose I felt the need for 4 swift shots of double whiskies at the end of the day, as I'd felt badly overstimulated and stressed out. It helped me calm down and chill out, but there wasnt any euphoria.

I tried again yesterday with a couple of Razorback craft beers from Aldi (one of my preffered craft beers) and it seems that the combo just doesn't do anything for me. From what I gather the liver does some converting from methylphenidate to ethylphenidate in-vivo, if that's the right term, but only in very small amounts. Possibly not enough to make any noticeable difefrence. To do it 'properly' I think it needs to be done as a chemical process, which is not something that I have the knowledge, skills, resources, equipment, or even the inclination to be attempting....
I tried ethylphenidate a few times back when it was legal, and found it was even worse than methylphenidate.
I think I enjoyed methylphenidate, but not as much as amphetamines of course.

@axe battler I suspect that IR Methylphenidate would be a lot more recreational than the XR formulation that I'm on, which is not recreational in the least. The time release formulation is really quite sophisticated and clever next generation stuff, with like a 3 chamber osmotic pump mechanism in the pills that gradually pushes the active ingredient out over time in the stomach. It's pretty much undefeatable and unabusable. It seems that a lot of thought and effort has gone into making them that way. In the long term that can only be a good thing for the majority of users, even if any of them ever get tempted to try to abuse their meds, they won't be able to, as it just wont work.

I used Ethylphenidate quite a lot too, when it was legally available as an RC. I agree that it wasn't a great stim, definitely more on the functional rather than euphoric side, but there was a big hornyness element to it. It was certainly better than MPA which came afterwards IIRC, that didnt even have any hornyness, let alone any euphoria, just pure functional, which I guess could have had it's uses though.

I tried IR Ritalin ages ago, can't remember finding it anything very special.

I'd be hard pushed to say which I preferred out of decent amphetamine or pre-ban mephedrone, both were fantastic, but speed always went very very well with drinking sessions. IIRC that combo creates it's own feel-good chemical in the body, I can't recall what it's called, but it definitely did work that way for me, although the comdeown and / or hangover was usually horrendous.

Mephedrone didn't mix so great with alcohol ime, it just kind of took the edge off it..

Last edited:
Had some christmas mead (a sort of spicy sweet wine, more or less the same thing as mulled wine, and it was delicious warmed up) these last couple of nights, and it went very nicely with a little diaz as my methylphenidate wore off. Defininate waves of moderate but definite euphoria. The same thing happened the few nights before, only using champgange or prosseco instead of mead.

Tried it last night with just hot toddy whiskies as part of the combo, as i couldnt find anything more exotic, and zilch for euphoria.

I'm guessing that it's the novelty factor of these different types of christmas alcohol that i dont normally drink, that is giving things that extra something.......Also I havent had diazepam in a very long time, so maybe my GABA receptors have appreciated something quite different there too.

By the way, I had always thought that mead was a medieval beer or am I getting that mixed up with something else that sounds similar?

Just managed to find one last bottle of prosseco, so hopefully that will help things along nicely this evening.

Last edited:
Had some christmas mead (a sort of spicy sweet wine, more or less the same thing as mulled wine, and it was delicious warmed up) these last couple of nights, and it went very nicely with a little diaz as my methylphenidate wore off. Defininate waves of moderate but definite euphoria. The same thing happened the few nights before, only using champgange or prosseco instead of mead.

Tried it last night with just hot toddy whiskies as part of the combo, as i couldnt find anything more exotic, and zilch for euphoria.

I'm guessing that it's the novelty factor of these different types of christmas alcohol that i dont normally drink, that is giving things that extra something.......Also I havent had diazepam in a very long time, so maybe my GABA receptors have appreciated something quite different there too.

By the way, I had always thought that mead was a medieval beer or am I getting that mixed up with something else that sounds similar?

Just managed to find one last bottle of prosseco, so hopefully that will help things along nicely this evening.
Mead is made from honey. The drink of celts.

I'm a celt, this is me now. Happy new years everyone 😉

Happy new year you bunch of fuckin cunts!

Although I love you all, I'm taking some much needed time out to get my shit together so have asked the firm to step me down permanently.

All the very best to you and yours and let's hope these Tory cunts are fucked right off this year.

Cheers all,
See you soon,

luv Fubz... xxx

Although I love you all, I'm taking some much needed time out to get my shit together so have asked the firm to step me down permanently.

All the very best to you and yours and let's hope these Tory cunts are fucked right off this year.

Cheers all,
See you soon,

luv Fubz... xxx
great to see you around man - was fearing the worst there gotta say

big love - don't be a stranger - dm anytime etc

Fuckin Prosecco? C'mon man, that's a girls drink like Lambrini.

Impossible to get twatted on...

:p

Happy holidays y'all...

Maybe it is, but it isn't imossible to get a buzz off it if you drink a lot of it quickly. I think it's 10% or something like that.

I just like the novelty value sometimes with acohol, as the same old stuff can end up feeling, well, samey, otherwise.....

HNY to your good self and anyone else reaading too!

Cheers all,
See you soon,

luv Fubz... xxx
Weeeeeeyyyy good to see you're alive you rotten dirty awful man!!!.
Maybe it is, but it isn't imossible to get a buzz off it if you drink a lot of it quickly. I think it's 10% or something like that.

I just like the novelty value sometimes with acohol, as the same old stuff can end up feeling, well, samey, otherwise.....

HNY to your good self and anyone else reaading too!
Prosecco is great! Nice and fucking cold Nx dry it's like champagne for proles. Love the shift me.
Also at about 13% theres nothing wrang with it man!

Weeeeeeyyyy good to see you're alive you rotten dirty awful man!!!.

Prosecco is great! Nice and fucking cold Nx dry it's like champagne for proles. Love the shift me.
Also at about 13% theres nothing wrang with it man!

If it ain't at least 37.5% ABV, it's fuckin gay. Unless it's Karpackie, which is hard as fuck.. :LOL:

Who am I to talk? I've run out of vodka so am reduced to 330ml bottles of Sol @ 4.2%

Life's a bitch...

If it ain't at least 37.5% ABV, it's fuckin gay. Unless it's Karpackie, which is hard as fuck.. :LOL:

Who am I to talk? I've run out of vodka so am reduced to 330ml bottles of Sol @ 4.2%

Life's a bitch...
Itll feel the DTs at bay anyway...

Life's a bitch...
If/when I ever get around to moving house, I’m going for a better distillation setup. Some 90+ % abv stuff.

That’ll put hairs on ya balls and a skid in ya Y fronts.

Belated happy new years folks. Im probably drinking this stuff now until mid March. Hope everyone is good and hopefully a decent 12 months ahead

Port of all things the last couple of nights, and also some really nice rum.

All courtesy of many nice items in a christmas hamper from my sister.

I had no clue what you're supposed to consume port with, and after looking up the recommended accompniments, unfortunately I had none of them 'in house'.

Fortunately it also mentioned on the bottle that it can be used just fine as an apertif. And they certainly weren't wrong about that.

I've enjoyed getting an alcoholic buzz on several times now over the last few weeks, and seem to have fallen off my 3 or 4 month wagon.

I don't need to be ul;tra strict with myself though, if I'm enjoying a drink or two - why the hell not have them.

It's just when it starts becomes habitual and like part of a daily ritual it's not so great though.

Plus I've lost around a stone of unsightly belly fat during my few months off alcohol, and it would be nice to keep that off.

Port of all things the last couple of nights, and also some really nice rum.

All courtesy of many nice items in a christmas hamper from my sister.

I had no clue what you're supposed to consume port with, and after looking up the recommended accompniments, unfortunately I had none of them 'in house'.

Fortunately it also mentioned on the bottle that it can be used just fine as an apertif. And they certainly weren't wrong about that.

I've enjoyed getting an alcoholic buzz on several times now over the last few weeks, and seem to have fallen off my 3 or 4 month wagon.

I don't need to be ul;tra strict with myself though, if I'm enjoying a drink or two - why the hell not have them.

It's just when it starts becomes habitual and like part of a daily ritual it's not so great though.

Plus I've lost around a stone of unsightly belly fat during my few months off alcohol, and it would be nice to keep that off.
Nunno, I found - especially when I was responsibly using benzos - responsible use of booze (like 2-3 beers) was great without being overly calorific. Thing is I'd always end up taking 200mg diazepam and drinking 22 pints. Tightropes mate, tightropes.

These days-around 100 g scotch before bed.....frost u know.It's hard in the mountain at winter