• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

that's near the top of my to-read list.

... Alright good, I bought ADA thinking it contained numerous pieces of his work.
heheh

Whats top of your list hydroazuanacaine??

Last edited:
Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami. So far, it is an AMAZING book. Very prevalent metaphysical themes and explorations throughout. Although it is fiction, it has a lot of real life philosophical pondering and the topics it explores are extremely interesting. This is a book where you really have to pay attention, and re-read, to catch all of the messages and meanings it contains. Truly a captivating and forward-thinking book that I suggest you check out. I believe many people on this sight, particularly those who explore the world of psychedelics or even just find philosophy interesting would love this book.

Oy vey, I have so many books that I am currently reading. I need to finish one before I start another.

One of them that I started months ago just isn't holding my interest enough to keep reading it, but I'm curious to know where it's going! (Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughter-house Five)

Another I got for free from the school library (they had a bin marked "FREE!") and have been paging through, but I don't know if it's good for me to read as I'm paranoid enough, and it is rather outdated. (Paul Blumberg's The Predatory Society: Deception in the American Marketplace)

Just picked up a book at the local library, too, and have been paging through it. This one will be the one I take with me to read between classes as it isn't a novel and doesn't require much attention. (Discover's 20 Things You Didn't Know About Everything: Duct Tape, Airport Security, Your Body, Sex in Space...and More!

Had started reading a book between classes and that has been put on hold because it requires a lot more attention than I can give it between classes. (Peter McWilliam's Do It! Let's Get Off Our Buts)

Also have another book going on the back-burner, that I think should be moved up a little in the queue. (Thich Nhat Hanh's The Miracle of Mindfulness: A Manual on Meditation)

Where to begin?! 8( This list doesn't even include the reading I have to do for classes. I foresee another Internet hiatus. :p

I just downloaded Waking by Matthew Sanford.

I have it on good authority that I will love it.

Bye for now, BL.

panic in paradise
Just got home from the book store, could not find any Liam Rector (soon enough)

Yeah, poetry is unfortunately a dying form of prose, I had to get a copy from Amazon =(

After reading "Thousand Cranes" I just had to read another Yasunari Kawabata novel.

I'm currently half way through "Snow Country", another masterpiece imo.

I'm glad you guys mentioned Nabokov, I bought "Speak, Memory" months ago, forgot it and haven't touched it since, will read it next!

Opium - A History by Martin Booth

Found in new condition at a local library book sale for fifty cents. Score.

Wow, I had never heard of that collection before, it's very extensive. Good luck, and enjoy =)

Putting "Speak, Memory" on hold for now; just picked up "Sons and Lovers" by D. H. Lawrence from the library =)

hydroazuanacaine
^after you get to it, i'd like to hear what you think of Speak, Memory.

Will do, nothing better to do whilst I'm unemployed and dwelling in the library all day =)

Tess of the D'urbervilles by Thomas Hardy. It's for my literature major I'm beginning next week, I just thought I'd get a headstart.