• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

The Western Island by Robert Flower &
The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield

Just about to finish Dune. Sci-fi was never really my thing until about a year ago, so now I'm bingeing on some of the classics.

I'm currently reading "Call Me Burroughs" by Barry Miles. It's a Biography on William S. Burroughs.

I'm not as enamored of the counterculture degenerates as I once was, but I'm enjoying the book. :)

Finished Part II of the Idiot. Great stuff. Looking forward to slowly reading the other half over this next season.

^^^Awesome. I never read that, but the samples I've checked out seem like it would be right up my alley.

I just completed the Burroughs biography which was very good.

Just started "The Fall" by Albert Camus.

Recent Highlights that I can highly recommend:

Submission by Houllebecq
Vanishing Futurist by Charlotte Hobson
White Tears by Hari Kunzru
The Nothing by Hanif Kureishi

Currently on Madness is Better than Defeat by Ned Beauman, and so far, so good (his previous novels Boxer Beetle and The Teleportation Accident are also well worth reading)

ffvfnol.jpg

I'm currently reading "Call Me Burroughs" by Barry Miles. It's a Biography on William S. Burroughs.

I'm not as enamored of the counterculture degenerates as I once was, but I'm enjoying the book. :)

oooh, what's it like? i'm currently flipping through Queer by Burroughs for like the millionth time - i do wish he wrote more of his early kind of stuff - i can't quite interact with his later 'cut-up' novels, i mean they're amusing to a point, but somewhat jarring too.

About 3-4 days ago I finished reading The Idiot. Absolutely amazing read. It's a bit dry until you get 2/3rds the way through it in my opinion.

Hippolyte's monologue was slightly more intriguing than the last major scene. Just my 2 cents.

I started reading The Eternal Husband, also by Dostoevsky. On ch. 2. A much shorter novel, should be a good one.

was reading Behave by Robert Sapolsky (TED talk i've yet to view)

"Secrets of Native American Herbal Remedies".

Just finished "It's So Easy (and other lies)" by Duff McKagan from Guns 'n' Roses/Velvet Revolver/Loaded.

About 3-4 days ago I finished reading The Idiot. Absolutely amazing read. It's a bit dry until you get 2/3rds the way through it in my opinion.

Hippolyte's monologue was slightly more intriguing than the last major scene. Just my 2 cents.

i've been struggling with it for some time.

keep picking it up and putting it down...

doesn't help that it's just on my phone's kindle account. I find it much more difficult to finish that way.

It gets much better after you're half way through it. Most of the plot accelerates at that point. Before the half way point, you're basically getting to know the characters, and it sets the stage for much of the drama to unfold.

'Coincidance' by Robert Anton Wilson.
Ive only finished 'Prometheus Rising' but loved it. Would appreciate any recommendations for his other books. Cosmic Trigger I think is next.