• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

Home fire by Kamila Shamsie
Yesterday just finished They both die in the end

Currently reading 2 books

The Color Purple by Alice Walker- reading this one for class, but so far its decent. Its about an african american woman living in butt-fuck nowhere georgia in the early 1900s. Pretty much she grows up in an abusive home where she is repeatedly r**** and beat by her father, and once she gets older he marrys her off to this guy who continues to abuse her. She dosent know its wrong because its all shes ever known, but she starts to realize how fucked up it all is after meeting the woman her husband is in love with and then falling in love with her aswell.

Millennium Gothic:The Nostalgia Project, vol.1 by Dorian Bridges- im reading this one for leisure. Its written by one of my favorite youtubers, of herbs and alters, and is a memoir. He grew up on the bihrmingham goth scene and had a knack for getting into alot of trouble. Anorexia, drug addiction, almost school shooter boyfriends, pretty much name a mistake and he has made it. But hey, at least it makes for an entertaining story.
Dorian is one of my favourite YouTubers too ! I’ve been thinking of getting the book for a while now ,how did you find it ?

The 8-Book Witcher Series by: Andrezej Sapkowski and By Order of the Peaky Blinders by: Steven Knight and Matt Allen

Just finished I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream by Harlan Ellison - 3 stars - the titular story lived up to the books reputation. Some of the others was mildly entertaining and some were a little tedious for me. But the sci-fi/horror blend was very heavy on the sci-fi which isn't really my thing.
Also just finished Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews - 4.5 incestuous flowers - actually liked it a lot more than I expected I would. Enough that I'm interested in reading the rest of the series (rather, the first 5 books written by the actual author in the 70s and 80s, not books 6-11 which were written by a ghost writer in the 2010s).

Currently reading Heliogabalus: The Crowned Anarchist by Antonin Artaud...liking it so far at 40% but wish it would focus a little more on Egabalus/Heliogabalus rather than the history of the place, various deities etc.

@Salem_is_tired wait, so it's only 8 Euro's for a family account thing for three years?!
Hey! I'm really sorry, I only saw your post just a moment ago. Here is the link to the prices: https://www.spotify.com/us/premium/#plans
I'm using the student one, so I don't know much about the rest, but the family pack looks pretty nice. 16/6=2.6 dollar per account, even better than the one I'm using. I don't really know how this "6 Premium accounts for family members living under one roof" works - you have to log in on the same wi-fi time-to-time?

Hey! I'm really sorry, I only saw your post just a moment ago. Here is the link to the prices: https://www.spotify.com/us/premium/#plans
I'm using the student one, so I don't know much about the rest, but the family pack looks pretty nice. 16/6=2.6 dollar per account, even better than the one I'm using. I don't really know how this "6 Premium accounts for family members living under one roof" works - you have to log in on the same wi-fi time-to-time?

I'd only need a single-person account, I was just amazed by how cheap it is.

Finished Heliogabalus: The Crowned Anarchist - 3 stars - While Heliogabalus was a fascinating person, this biography spends like 70% of it's time rambling about his (their? While this book calls him he/him, most historians call him the singular they/them...I'm just using "he" as that's how this books refers to him/them) family history and the history of the county(s) in the area. Wanna read more on him at some point.

Just started reading The Haunted Vagina....you know a book is gonna be interesting when the first line is: "I've been scared to have sex with Stacy ever since I discovered her vagina was haunted" lol.

I just finished "Velvet Rage" which is about the experience of growing up gay in a society that places such high value on masculinity and heterosexuality. Goes into detail about why so many gay men struggle with depression, anxiety, suicide and addiction.

Today I'm going to start reading "China Men" by Maxine Hong Kingston

Logistics involved with a trip to australia. May not come back wonder how that would look...? 🤔

Shell Collector Anthony Doerr

A powerful collection of a couple experiences possible during the infinity diverse but collective shared phenomena of Life.

The Gutter Prayer (The Black Iron Legacy, 1) by Gareth Hanrahan Such a good series! There are two more books in this trilogy!

Enter a city of saints and thieves.

The city of Guerdon stands eternal. A refuge from the war that rages beyond its borders. But in the ancient tunnels deep beneath its streets, a malevolent power has begun to stir.

The fate of the city rests in the hands of three thieves. They alone stand against the coming darkness. As conspiracies unfold and secrets are revealed, their friendship will be tested to the limit. If they fail, all will be lost, and the streets of Guerdon will run with blood.

Started rereading Stephen king’s it. Always thought that it was his best work which it is but I found it to be way more scary when I was young. King is one of those guys who tend to use the same set piece all the time. A bit boring imo.