• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What are the psychs IYO the least "faded" by Abilify (aripiprazole)?

phatass

Bluelighter
Leaving aside the 5-HT2a antagonism/ 5-HT1a partial agonism activity, binding affinities and thousands of other factors that come into "debate"....

For YOU (who takes abilify...) which psychs have the most similar effects as they did before you started Abilify, without having to double/triple or more your "normal" dose?

I have a fairly good idea, of the efficiant and cost effective ones, and will share when those concerned do, so as not to influence them;)

Thanks

One <3

Sorry bump: no one here take psychs who is also on aripiprazole...?

Jesus Christ, why are there so many psychotics on this forum? This is the THIRD thread I have come across in the space of ~4 days asking this question.
If you're on antipsychotic meds then stay the hell away from psychedelics. I once watched a paranoid schizo have a psychotic break on a low dose of LSD and it wasn't pretty.

Jesus Christ, why are there so many psychotics on this forum? This is the THIRD thread I have come across in the space of ~4 days asking this question.
If you're on antipsychotic meds then stay the hell away from psychedelics. I once watched a paranoid schizo have a psychotic break on a low dose of LSD and it wasn't pretty.

choll out yo!

"If you're on antipsychotic meds then stay the hell away from psychedelics."(AA357)

Fistly, NO, and secondly that's a dumb statement, i know my meds and drugs , i'm not harming anyone else "but me", so i will do as i please....

AND You gave no insight to the thread topic.... WTF dude?you intolerant or ignorant... what is it???

sorry thread is derailed so early, still wondering which psychs "work best" for you lot on anti-psychotics light ones or other....

choll out yo!
No.

I'm fucking SICK of coming across these threads every other day.
"I have schizophrenia. How much LSD should I take?"

It's like asking "I have coronary heart disease. How much cocaine is it OK for me to snort?" Where is your self-respect?

"If you're on antipsychotic meds then stay the hell away from psychedelics."(AA357)

Fistly, NO, and secondly that's a dumb statement, i know my meds and drugs
Dude, you're on antipsychotics FFS. If you need that crap then you're obviously not in possession of all your faculties, so to say something like that is just reckless and stupid.

i'm not harming anyone else "but me", so i will do as i please....
And how the hell do you know this? If you take a psychotic break you won't know WTF you're doing.

AND You gave no insight to the thread topic.... WTF dude?you intolerant or ignorant... what is it???
Damn right I'm intolerant when it comes to psychotic people taking psychedelics.

sorry thread is derailed so early, still wondering which psychs "work best" for you lot on anti-psychotics light ones or other....
Thread isn't derailed. It's a stupid question because:

1) Psychedelics are known to exacerbate mental illness.
2) Most antipsychotics block the effects of psychedelics anyway as most of them are 5HT-antagonists.

If you want to get high, go take some GHB or valium instead. You have no business playing with psychedelics.

^^shame that there are people like yourself intolerant and with a holier than thou attitude....

furthermore when you have no knowledge on aripiprazole let alone about myself... how about you shut your trap on subjets you know little to nothing about...

if "these threads" annoy you so much then don't open the thread and read it DOH'

And you're implying not so subtely that i am psyhotic beause i take a mood stabiliser which falls under the vaste "neuroleptic" category of meds.... but u obiously know very very little about meds/drugs and illness, so i forgie you for posting suh a biggoted losed inded opinion....

p.s Oh yeah... enouraging people to take highly potent, abuseable and additive gabaergics (That's the Valium and GHB i was refering too btw 8) ) is a fucking retarded thing to do on a HR forum... it also blatantly shows that your knowledge whether it's drugs or meds you don't know anything on the subject.... SERIOUSLY??? Valium and GHB.... LOL, being deep into benzo addition and having detoxed suessfully twice of GHB i would wish neither on anyone (except intolerant people....) GHB withdrawal is nasty enough... but benzos.... that's a TERRIBLE suggestion....

Thread isn't derailed. It's a stupid question because:

1) Psychedelics are known to exacerbate mental illness.
2) Most antipsychotics block the effects of psychedelics anyway as most of them are 5HT-antagonists.

If you want to get high, go take some GHB or valium instead. You have no business playing with psychedelics.

Now that's science... LOL... i done my research, one stateent was such a ridiulous generalisation and the other... well i'll just say "binding affinities"

If you post again in this thread , try to do your "homework " first.... so you're not just chatting bolloks.... waste of both your and my time

A friend of mine is college took Abilify as a mood stabilizer too (it's often prescribed for that, rather than for psychosis)... took it for a while and then stopped, he's a super happy guy now, a lot of it was situational I believe. He tripped occasionally, to good effect according to him, he wasn't really a tripper though.

Hopefully someone will be able to answer your question, but I can't.

I agree by the way with people having schizophrenia needing to stay away from psychedelics, and there are an awful lot of threads that get posted asking about that in particular. But two things: one, responding with aggression and ridicule doesn't accomplish anything except to get those people to ignore what you're saying because they're offended; and two, it's not fair to make a blanket statement that everyone on any sort of psychiatric medication should never take psychedelics.

Not everyone who talks abilify has schizophrenia. It's actually treated for depression also. I take abilify, it's a great drug. I've taken psychs on and off abilify and noticed not much of a difference. I feel if you take abilify regularly then the drug doesn't fight off the psychedelics as much as if you take the abilify while on the hallucinogen already. Say you're tripping and you pop an abilify, you come down because this anti-psychotic that your body isn't used to metabolizing has entered your system and you react to it greatly. But if you're prescribed it and take it daily then your mind has already metabolized the drug enough that instead its the vice-versa and you're taking a hallucinogen that your body isn't used to taking and it doesn't know how to fight the hallucinogen. I may be full of shit, but this is just my hypothesis. Either way you're gonna get the body high, but maybe not as many visuals, but you might not want those.

And people with schizo-affective and bi-polar are apt to take hallucinogens, even people with schizophrenia. People with mental illness are searching for answers and I'd imagine the rate of using these drugs are higher than your average population without mental illness. So don't get so pissy dude^^^. Someone on abilify is probably not going to have a psychotic break if they're on anti-psychotics. Maybe if they were off their meds they would. I would just take your normal dose, maybe drink some OJ. That's what I've done in the past. Thanks BBOB.

To answer your question, of the major psychs, I found mescaline to be very faded by abilify. DMT I tripped decently hard but was unable and scared to break through. Shrooms I tripped hard when I drank OJ. But LSD was the best. I had a great trip while on LSD and abilify.

*I don't recommend tripping while taking anti-psychotics. But if you must. I took LSD and tripped real hard and had a good trip*

AA357 is a hater.

I take abilify. Dissociatives work well.

Nbomes seemed to break through completely. DOC worked, terrible drug though.

Those are the only ones I've done since starting abilify. I'll be doing a couple more soon and update.

I didn't rate DOC too high either, nbomes, 2Cx, 5-meo-dmt all were extremely powerfull ime, but i had to go above "strong" erowid doses for powerfull experiences, the "nboh"s have even stronger binding affinities to the "right" ;) receptors than the nbomes, then again the safety profiles of both are pretty low imo :\ shame.... Psilocin, metocin were good, but had to dose quite high...foxy methoxy, moxy, al-lad and dpt were dissapointing i found at erowid "strong" doses ime (because of the abilify i presume...)

dissossiatives ime K , MXE, DXM are ime unnaffected by abilify, i suspect that it prevented MXP and 3-MEO-PCP "working"...

Abilify is dose dependent. If you're on the lower end of the dosage scale (2-5mg a day or so), the effectiveness of most drugs shouldn't be an issue. Once you hit the 10+mg range, that's when you run into a wall. Whether it is safe or not depends on your reason for taking it and your overall health condition (mental and physical). One thing to look out for with it is that stimulants tend to be a bad mix with it so psychedelic amphetamines and most of the psychedelic phenethylamines would be a no go as well as AMT and DXM due to drug interaction potential. Those last two are notorious for drug interactions.

well i'm on 5 mg Abilify so i could use perhaps say; LSA, LSD, Shrooms, DMT, and others? i'm a little disappointed i shouldn't take DXM; i was looking forward to it! but i think i'll try DMT first as it's cheap and easy to extract if you're self sustainable (e.g. grow your own plant source like MHRB or one of the Acacias; personally i'm hoping to grow acuminata).

but i'm glad that the dose i'm taking shouldn't effect it much MagicalKat777 :) can you site any sources for this if possible? just wanting to verify just to be sure. might go on a little LSA experiment with DMT possibly. i'll post a trip report here and on erowid and who knows where else lol

I don't have any sources for that information, just personal experience and second hand experience from people who have taken drugs on Abilify both in real life and here on the boards. General consensus is that the effects on psychedelics are dose dependent. Obviously err on the side of caution when going into psychedelics with medications. Everybody is different and the atypical antipsychotic medications tend to be as unpredictable as psychedelics which is why caution is always advised.

DMT wouldn't be my first choice personally. Even with all the years of psychedelic experience I have, I've done it once and not wanted to go back to that place again. Smoking it is just too much and oral was out for me when I had easy access because of my meds at the time (I've been on everything at one point or another) and MAOIs being dangerous with all of them except my benzos.

Whatever you do, start slow.

And yeah DXM is a huge no no with so many things it's not even funny.

thanks for the feedback MagicalKat777 :) i think i can trust you and the general consensu; definitely not considering mixing DXM tho; but personally i've been wanting to try DMT for a long time (been doing alot of research and i get the idea that although yes it's extreemly overwhelming but it is also very spiritual which is a personal intention of mine for ingesting psychedelic substances :) but i'll take your advice for starting slow for sure! there is NO rush into trying powerful psychedelics like DMT; especially since DMT has such power....)

The nice thing about DMT is that unlike most other psychedelics, it doesn't really build a tolerance because it's eliminated so quickly. It has a short term tolerance of roughly 30 minutes before it resets during which you can't break through. I jumped in head first at the peak of a combo trip and that's why I got so messed up but it took me about a month of trying to get back to reality because my psyche was so thoroughly destroyed in that 10 minutes in hyperspace...

yeah; i hear ayahuasca is SO MUCH easier to integrate; but never mix an MAOI with an SSRI as it can be fatal.

so i take 5 Mg of Abilify and Celexa; does the celexa cause any problems as well? A lot of people also take other meds with their Abilify.

but i am considering Fly agaric mushroom use, LSA, LSD, mushrooms, DMT, and maybe some mescaline.

does anyone know if i will need to take more of these substances since i'm on low dose of Abilify and Celexa and does anyone know how Celexa interacts with certain psychedelics?