• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What are the longest lasting psychedelics?

Psychedelic Gleam

Bluelighter
I recently ingested a chemical on blotter which was not LSD but rather some odd research chemical.

It tasted bitter/metallicish, which should of hinted me off to the fact that this wasn't lsd. The comeup lasted longer than 4 hours, as I went to bed thinking it was bunk only to find hours later that I was in for a long ride.

The total journey lasted over two days, included a heavy body load. The visuals were interesting and i found myself entering dreamlike states at times where I had lucid hallucinatory dreams.

I Know that noone can tell me exactly what I ate, but it would seem to me that the psychedelics that exist in the micro-gram range that last over 36 hours would be quite limited. I have been told that Bromo-Dragonfly and 2cb-fly both are long acting. What else is a "super long lasting psychedelic"?

The DO* series of drugs, with DOB and DOI being some of the longest I believe. They are also known for being sold as lsd.
Of course, the DO* series is active in the mg range, not μg range, but I suppose with a sub milligram scale one could easily cut a single mg dosage in half or even less. You could actually do this with a mg scale using liquid measurements.
I'm curious though, why do you think it has to be in the μg dose range?

Last edited:
DOx or bromodragonfly are your best bets off the top of my head..
any jaw tension or any other speedy feelings?

Additional side effects would be useful, although of course there's no way to say for sure. It sounds surely like one of the DOXs or bromo-dragonfly... my guess would be a DOX because the draonfly is usually described as being very gentle. Sounds kind of like DOB.

The longest lasting psychedelics that are reasonably well known would be the BOx series from PiHKAL, but yeah the DOx series are far more common and are also long lasting. The BOX series wouldn't be very good to put on blotter though, they aren't potent enough.

I too would suggest Br-DFLY. 5-MeO-AMT is another candidate, but it's unusual that it would last as long as you describe.

It's definitely not 2C-B-fly... that lasts more like 8-10 hours and the dosage is in the milligram range above a few milligrams.

Xorkoth said:
Additional side effects would be useful, although of course there's no way to say for sure. It sounds surely like one of the DOXs or bromo-dragonfly... my guess would be a DOX because the draonfly is usually described as being very gentle. Sounds kind of like DOB.

Well my stomach was fucked for a good part of it, shits and nausea. I felt aches and pains throughout my body, though my muscles could of been sore from 2 1/2ish days without real sleep.

My extremeties felt ... odd, almost disassociated from the rest of me.

The odd taste seemed to seep through my pores and throughout my body (though this is a rather non-useful identifying factor).

This lasted well over a day. I ate it on a friday night and came down sunday afternoon with slight visual effects lasting into monday. Though two nights without sleep + psychedelics could of put me in a wierd hallucinatory delerium.

I really feel altered by whatever the hell this was. I did not sign up for this journey, though it may have been one of my more interesting experiences.

I have eaten too much blotter that happened not to be lsd... frustrating to ingest and have no clue what it was.

The super long comeup makes me think it may have been DOB... erowid claims heavy doses last over 24 hours, and all drugs (except dmt) seem to effect me longer (sometimes much longer) than anyone else i may trip with.

Last edited:
Your description really sounds like DOB. But of course the only way to tell for sure is GC/MS or something.

Can't tell what was on that blotter, but as some of the others say it was probably a DO(X).

As for the question of long-lived psychedelics I would say ibogaine. This one should last for days with after effects lasting for a week or so. However this was definitely not the substance on that blotter as the dosage is about 1 gram to produce full effects.

From the vasoactive side effects that you described, it definitely sounds like DOB. However, it could have been the fully saturated furanyl derivative Bromo-DragonFly (4-bromo-[2,3,5,6b]-difuranyl-amphetamine), but this is extremely rare. From the reports I've read of both compounds, they are nasty and to be avoided. DOI and DOC are probably less dangerous than DOB and a little friendlier on the body.

What did the blotters look like? I have come across a few RCs on blotters, someone told me a GC/MS revealed the kaleidoscope blotters aka tiedye blotters, were DOI, just let me know maybe a I can be of some help

this happened to me last summer, too (average sized blotter, though);
after much deliberation i decided that i'd eaten a DOx.
it very well could've been something else, but i did a lot of reading on the various DOx's and one or two possibilities seemed to fit the best. my advice would be to read everything you can find on them (as well as any other suspicions you may have) and see which click with your experience the best.

would you call it a good trip, at least?
:)

MattPsy said:
The longest lasting psychedelics that are reasonably well known would be the BOx series from PiHKAL
I just looked them up, they do not last as long as the DOX substances. but I faintly remember some extremely long lasting substance (about 40 hours) - maybe you have mistaken the BOX with that one? can anyone remember the substance I mean?

lastnight said:
this happened to me last summer, too (average sized blotter, though);
after much deliberation i decided that i'd eaten a DOx.
it very well could've been something else, but i did a lot of reading on the various DOx's and one or two possibilities seemed to fit the best. my advice would be to read everything you can find on them (as well as any other suspicions you may have) and see which click with your experience the best.

would you call it a good trip, at least?
:)

oh good/bad? it lasted long enough to have both and everywhere inbetween. Though it got a bit rough when I was on day 2 and like "why the hell isn't this stopping!"

If you include dissociatives I would say DXM. Can last for days with hangovers in the week+ range.

That kind of tripping is definitely not pleasant however.

narutokun19 said:
If you include dissociatives I would say DXM. Can last for days with hangovers in the week+ range.

That kind of tripping is definitely not pleasant however.
Even though I dont agree, it dosen't matter, dxm cant be dropped onto a blotter.

Shlumpeet said:
Ibogaine.
Actually--though it might just be my particular biochemistry--the plateau effects of DOI lasted longer than ibogaine.

DOI (2 mg): 16 hours with an 8 hour comedown
Ibogaine (730 mg): 4 hours peak/4 hours introspective/8 hours sleep/8 hour comedown (I know--it's a weird drug)