• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc What Age Did You Start Using Any Substances (including tobacco, pot, a drink, etc)

Age?

• Under 12

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • 13-17

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • 18-24

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • 25+

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Joey

Bluelighter
Did you know that the rate of developing an SUD (substance use disorder) is 24% if you start under 18? 18 and over that reduces to 4%?

Brain development continues until 25 on average, particularly the prefrontal cortex and frontal lobes responsible for impulse control and decision making.

I believe I was around 13 when I first started smoking pot and cigarettes every now and the, didn’t become habitual till prolly 15ish

Shortly after my 15th birthday I began drinking. I'd tried alcohol many times since I was a young child, but never had more than a shot or two (usually less prior to 13-14) A month later I began smoking weed a few times a month. Several months later I tried psilocybin twice, though I had awful experiences as I was very stupid with the set, setting, and especially dosage.
I tried a high-2nd-plat dose of DXM in between those two trips, and had an excellent experience. nicotine a couple times at some point, but fortunately I was never a big fan of it.
After the bad psilocybin trips, I abstained from all substances for a few months. I returned to weed, started drinking again for a bit (But stopped as it was worsening my mood swings), and about 7 months after my 2nd psilocybin trip I had my first good trip with about 1.5g of shrooms.

When I was 16 I finallly got an amphetamine prescription for my ADHD (I never really abused it since I didn't get the same euphoria that someone without ADHD would), started doing LSD and 2C-B, tried DXM at a much higher dosage, and also tried Ketamine and Kratom (The former was a bit boring but very helpful for my depression + PTSD, the latter just made me feel sick and I only use it 0-5 days a year for pain relief purposes)
I would heavily use caffeine on-and-off from the age of 11 until I got the amphetamine prescription at 16.
When used at prescriped dosages, amphetamine feels far safer for me physically and infinitely more effective mentally than caffeine.

At 17, I did MDMA. I always spread my trips out by several months to ensure zero neurotoxicity, and I've found MDMA to be one of the most therapeutic and healing drugs that I have ever used. I also tried some RC tryptamines, and did 2C-B quite frequently.

I have yet to try cocaine, methamphetamine, or "true" opioids. I expect that at some point I will try the former two now that I am older and have the self-control to only try them each once.

I was going through some awful shit at home back then and the timing of all of it is quite unsurprising in retrospect.

Last edited:
first taste of beer - 7
IV high dose morphine pediatric but strong for 2 weeks - 11
weed, DXM - 12
hard liquor, duster, various pills - 13
heroin, meth and cocaine - 14-15
LSD/mushrooms - 15-16

I stopped tracking my age after that, by age 17 I had done basically all the hard/popular drugs and spent a year in inpatient rehabs until the day I turned 18.

I had some very bad influences on me in my formative years. My sister got me started - then I started hanging out with the wrong crowd very early at 14. The freshmen kids that think they're gangbangers and sell drugs - that was me.

Last edited:
I was 10 when Ibstarted smoking cigarettes. I had a few (small) drinks before that age, sage for one tipsy ish buzz off 2 small glasses of wine around 8 or maybe 9. I felt energized. I tried pot age 11 but it didn’t do anything. I had a script for T3s age 9, which I did distinctly double dose on a couple or few times because I liked the feeling. I was trusted alone with the pills, and whatever.

I self only smoked between 11-14 and then all at once I picked up everything hardcore. Jumped right into heavy pot use, binge drinking, E, acid, painkillers, otc shit like gravel, then coke, ketamine, tried meth first time 15. I mostly drank til age 25, alcoholically. Then I switched to heroin. Then meth full time. Then since 28 especially it’s all meth and booze and fent and ghb and acid and k and molly and coke and crack and whatever.. DMT. Mostly meth user but I’ve been going on some retardedly prodigious benders between my regular daily use. I’ve taken pretty much everything there is to take save some of the more obscure psychedelics and RC stuff going around. I am addicted and I am 30.

10 - tobacco, alcohol, weed
12- Vicodin
14 or 15 - amphetamines, benzos
16 - lsd mushrooms
17 - 2ci, coke
Heroin and IV - 21
Meth was a late bloomer at 25, became a bad addict pretty quickly, did it off and on until 28. 29 is so far the only age where I haven't really used drugs, let's see how long that lasts. I'm definitely an addict and can't really use most drugs responsibly

Started drinking 15, first pills (speedy e's) n weed n tobacco (started with three packing bongs and didn't notice I was stoned til the cushion in my head and music sounded even more amazing lol)
16 - coke more weed and booze and sometimes shit quality speed.
17 through going to raves and stuff started getting proper good pills for dancing etc to, more weed, benzos, shrooms and acid.
18+ - same as above plus ketamine untill I was around 20+ stopped drinking so much, meph, meth, opiates, DMT and some fake 'acid' tabs plus real acid too and k ghb.
By 22 was drinking heavily again.
25+- salvia and I abused high strength speed like it was going out of fashion and around this time tried smoking crack.
30 - only smoke weed, edibles and mushies but have some pills for when I hopefully get out to go dancing again soon. Wanna get ketamine for that too. And stock up on my diazepam I can occasionally get prescribed.

Last edited:
First sip of beer was while I was sitting on my father's lap as he watched football. Maybe 6 or 7? I never became an alcoholic. But I did binge drink on weekends into my 20's. Wait, did that make me an

alcoholic?! Anyway, I found my love in heroin. Age 35. IV first go. Never looked back with the exception of a 2 year stint 'up the road'. I am now 55:eek:

Hi! I'm new here but honestly have been reading from this site for years, I finally said fuck it, and joined today.....
That being said I figured what better thread to start off with than this one.
Here goes----
Beer and not inhaling butts= 10 yrs old
Pot-12, regularly by 13
Acid 14 or 15
Coke & lots of Ecstasy 15-19 pretty heavily
Ish(Meth) 19 for about a year (oh but it circles back....)
Oxy 80s from about 19-26 the first time I felt true addiction. I knew in high school and I was doing blow a lot that I definitely used it more than I should have and had a dependence on it but hope it's really grabbed me by the you know what.
Methadone clinic- 26-30 Hell kicking that shit....
I take Bupernorphine and Kpins/ Xanax and have since about 31, so about 6-7 years.
Adderall= 32 found out I have ADHD at 34, stopped taking my meds for ADHD but came back to the Ish. And "recreational" MDMA use
Thank you for those who have been fighting the good fight all these years and even though this is a drug forum, it's beautiful how much of you encourage each other to get help. How much information is on this website for the purpose of harm reduction as well as other things. Without people willing to speak up, without people like you guys imagine how many more lives could have been lost.
Have a great night,....er day (it's 4am where I am....) Everyone!! ♏

Probably around 10 stealing cigarettes with my best friend lol. I started smoking cigarettes when I was 16. I started smoking weed at 18. And the first time I did meth, I was 23. And I was a teenager, I'm not sure how old (about 16 or 17) when I started snorting pills of any kind.

12 tobacco
13 weed acid mushrooms
15 crank crack coke
28 heroin
42 pregabalin

Alcohol responsibly early, liberal upbringing, little wine at Christmas maybe...10? Beer and vodka, wine teenage years, but not a drinker.

16- Ecstasy and LSD.

17- Cannabis first time, ever since.

Progressed. Most things. Some, a lot. Like I honestly reckon maybe, half a gram of LSD in exactly 25 years lol.

I stopped believing in coincidences or some, time ago.

And fhst is a hell of a lot of LSD too.

I never even think about MDMA anymore as being impactful or even I shame to say NOW... memorable.