• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What’s up with my tolerance? Am I the only one?

Bag84

Bluelighter
I have a very weird tolerance and nobody else I know is like this. I take oxycodone and klonopin (10mg x150 and 1mg x 70) and also been prescribed other drugs as well (all prescribed). Tbh I don’t know what’s going on. My last oxy script only lasted 6 days and I only took 100 (when I say only, I don’t mean it’s a small amount, I got jacked for the other 50…family 🙄) so I go weeks without. For some reason I go thru withdrawl every time. I haven’t kept a script for more than 10 day in months. And seeing as I only have them 1/3 to 1/4 of my life I don’t see why I would still go thru suck heavy withdrawl.

Same goes with the klonopin, I’m out within 10 days/2 weeks so at least half the time I’m not on them for more than 2 week or less. I would think it’s a better way than having them constantly in my system at doses that don’t help. My question is about withdrawl but also shouldn’t that kind of on 1 week off 3 produce little to no withdrawl and also why is my tolerance so messed up that it doesn’t drop in this time off?

Just as an example I am prescribed clonodine 0.1. The first time I took it I was wonderful, calmed me down and made me really tired. The next day it did nothing. I can’t be the only only like this but I’m the only one I know.

Sorry about the long read but I wanted to get you guys familiar with as much as possible and fill in as many blanks As possible. Oh yeah I’m 5’6 male and 115 pounds. (Yeah I’m short but even for my height I’m so skinny?

Any comments or help is appreciated

im finding out im so tolerant too everything except stims which i detest, prolly could take a tranq dart and still go flirt with other soccer Milfs, enjoyed your post and yeah you could use 20 lbs prolly, but i hate being so tolerant, even have to give me extra anesthetics, hear red heads are either less or more tolerant i forget

oh yes redheads are more tolerant, are you a ginger?ack, just learned the reds are less tolerant to opioids, i must have messed that all up with the fentanyl

Can you guys please refrain from judgement and answer the original question?

Can you guys please refrain from judgement and answer the original question?
What is your question or concern and I may be able to add something? I read your first post and I see you have a high tolerance to oxy and klonopin and run out early. I know the feeling.

But I didn't see a specific question... you were just letting us know how you were taking your meds . Is your question on WHY you are having WD every time you run out?

From what I can gather you are eating up a 30 day script in less than 10 days. Very high doses for a very short time frame. Seems to me that you would indeed WD every single month when you run out. So you have to go through WD's month after month after month as you aren't taking them as prescribed.

I have a very weird tolerance and nobody else I know is like this. I take oxycodone and klonopin (10mg x150 and 1mg x 70) and also been prescribed other drugs as well (all prescribed). Tbh I don’t know what’s going on. My last oxy script only lasted 6 days and I only took 100 (when I say only, I don’t mean it’s a small amount, I got jacked for the other 50…family 🙄) so I go weeks without. For some reason I go thru withdrawl every time. I haven’t kept a script for more than 10 day in months. And seeing as I only have them 1/3 to 1/4 of my life I don’t see why I would still go thru suck heavy withdrawl.

Same goes with the klonopin, I’m out within 10 days/2 weeks so at least half the time I’m not on them for more than 2 week or less. I would think it’s a better way than having them constantly in my system at doses that don’t help. My question is about withdrawl but also shouldn’t that kind of on 1 week off 3 produce little to no withdrawl and also why is my tolerance so messed up that it doesn’t drop in this time off?

Just as an example I am prescribed clonodine 0.1. The first time I took it I was wonderful, calmed me down and made me really tired. The next day it did nothing. I can’t be the only only like this but I’m the only one I know.

Sorry about the long read but I wanted to get you guys familiar with as much as possible and fill in as many blanks As possible. Oh yeah I’m 5’6 male and 115 pounds. (Yeah I’m short but even for my height I’m so skinny?

Any comments or help is appreciated
Very big tollerance friend.Tapper.Thats the strategy.

Yea withdrawal doesn’t work by days, it works by amounts. Just because you can toss it all back in a couple days doesn’t mean the withdrawal will be any less, in fact it’s probably worse than if you had spread them out then stop.

The reason your dealing with this all too is kindling effect, once you go through withdrawal/dependence it’s easier to have it happen again. Long gone is the days one could eat some oxy and wake up the next day feeling like a million bucks.

One of the worst times of my life was a winter I had few connects, I’d get maybe a 20mg oxy a week eat it then spend the rest in withdrawals. It was horrible. Even at that low dose and so infrequently I was feeling like shit all the time.

-GC

Thank you for a more clear answer than the others. But I just thought that having them less would be something I’d get used to.

But nobody addressed the issue with clonodine. I literally took it once and wasn’t dependent on it. By the second dose in the second day it had no affect, either with me anxiety or making me sleepy. I don’t know why taking a medicine once would completely negate the affects the second day. No abuse. No increase in dosage. I even remember the same thing Happened with ambian. Took it once and it knocked me out and then day 2 it’s like I took a placebo

Yea withdrawal doesn’t work by days, it works by amounts. Just because you can toss it all back in a couple days doesn’t mean the withdrawal will be any less, in fact it’s probably worse than if you had spread them out then stop.

The reason your dealing with this all too is kindling effect, once you go through withdrawal/dependence it’s easier to have it happen again. Long gone is the days one could eat some oxy and wake up the next day feeling like a million bucks.

One of the worst times of my life was a winter I had few connects, I’d get maybe a 20mg oxy a week eat it then spend the rest in withdrawals. It was horrible. Even at that low dose and so infrequently I was feeling like shit all the time.

-GC
I’m on day 12 and feel probably worse than I ever have during this whole period. I’m trying to take my klonopin responsibly but it’s so hard cause I’m miserable. I understand feeling terrible for a week. What doesn’t make sense is that before the last script is I haven’t had any for about 10 days and it wasn’t this bad. Although I took them for 6 days I am on day 12 and still feel terrible. I just never thought the withdrawal would last longer than the actual use.

You might want to look into memantine, this med can lower tolerance without the need for breaks and/or provides a painless method to essentially skip opioid withdrawal. It's no magical bullet though, if you want to continue on opioids you'd need to infinitely remain on memantine but given that it's the only thing which really works against opioid tolerance, and has little to no side effects (I only get insomnia, which is bad but not so bad, while others get initial brain fog which will lift after a while). Or if you're desperate enough you could try low dose DXM (dextromethorphan, active ingredient in RobiTussin etc) which shares the NMDA antagonistic method of action and is sold OTC.

But yeah, each (even partial) withdrawal is worse due to kindling, so one wants to prevent it from happening altogether. I'm not sure whether memantine etc. work fully or partial against kindling or if even other anti seizure agents like sodium valproate might protect to a certain degree. It's a field with little in vivo research, many people think 'addicts' should just go through the pain. Even memantine/DXM sees little clinical use and there's a ton of supportive literature about their use.

You might want to look into memantine, this med can lower tolerance without the need for breaks and/or provides a painless method to essentially skip opioid withdrawal. It's no magical bullet though, if you want to continue on opioids you'd need to infinitely remain on memantine but given that it's the only thing which really works against opioid tolerance, and has little to no side effects (I only get insomnia, which is bad but not so bad, while others get initial brain fog which will lift after a while). Or if you're desperate enough you could try low dose DXM (dextromethorphan, active ingredient in RobiTussin etc) which shares the NMDA antagonistic method of action and is sold OTC.

But yeah, each (even partial) withdrawal is worse due to kindling, so one wants to prevent it from happening altogether. I'm not sure whether memantine etc. work fully or partial against kindling or if even other anti seizure agents like sodium valproate might protect to a certain degree. It's a field with little in vivo research, many people think 'addicts' should just go through the pain. Even memantine/DXM sees little clinical use and there's a ton of supportive literature about their use.
I’d be willing to try memantine. But how would I convince a doctor that a late 30’s mostly mentally healthy man should use it?

I’d be willing to try memantine. But how would I convince a doctor that a late 30’s mostly mentally healthy man should use it?
Good question, unfortunately. Some years ago I had success by handing tons of literature (PubMed and sci-hub are your friends) to a doc but I knew him for quite some years before, this increased the necessary trust. But specially docs with many pain patients should be open for / have already heard about the beneficial interactions between opioids and NMDA antagonists. Just don't mention the word 'dissociative'. Then my ex gf fucked it up by telling him I was abusing stuff.
Or if you know somebody in Mexico, here it's sold OTC and dirt cheap. There's at least one online pharmacy selling from Russia w/o prescription but more expensive. Saw memantine on nootropics vendors as well.

oh yes redheads are more tolerant, are you a ginger?ack, just learned the reds are less tolerant to opioids, i must have messed that all up with the fentanyl
Redheads are definitely more tolerant to any anesthetic or narcotics. I think it could be why I handled dope better than my boyfriend, who was 6'2". I've thankfully never OD'ed. He did a handful of times and then overdosed and didn't come back.

But true, Anytime I have had to have a procedure done, the nurse and/or doctor look at me like I should be out cold. It just takes a lot.

Redheads are definitely more tolerant to any anesthetic or narcotics. I think it could be why I handled dope better than my boyfriend, who was 6'2". I've thankfully never OD'ed. He did a handful of times and then overdosed and didn't come back.

But true, Anytime I have had to have a procedure done, the nurse and/or doctor look at me like I should be out cold. It just takes a lot.
Prayer Im Sorry GIF by MOODMAN

Hey @Bag84

Basically, what you're describing is a phenomenon known as the "Kindling Effect". The nomenclature is generally used to refer to sedative-hypnotic drugs like Alcohol and Benzodiazepines, but it's my firm belief that it is a more general phenomenon associated with being dependent upon drugs, not just sedative-hypnotics.

Most people who use Opioids won't develop any kind of withdrawal syndrome until they've been using for weeks or months. With Benzodiazepines, I feel this process happens a little more quickly. Once you have developed a tolerance and withdrawn, it is typical for one to develop a tolerance more quickly and for that subsequent withdrawal experience to be more severe. If I were to use Heroin for 3-4 days right now, I would expect a nearly full-blown withdrawal syndrome.

So yea, I think that you're just becoming re-dependent upon these drugs every time you pick up your prescription. You're not alone in this. It's pretty much universal from what I have read and experienced. It's one of those things, however, that "mainstream" medicine is not going to focus on along with stuff like Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome. Side-bar, I'm pretty sure that if PAWS and its true nature were understood by people, the whole 30-90 days rehab rackets would be bankrupt nearly overnight i.e. they can't actually fix you in such a short time.

Hey @Bag84

Basically, what you're describing is a phenomenon known as the "Kindling Effect". The nomenclature is generally used to refer to sedative-hypnotic drugs like Alcohol and Benzodiazepines, but it's my firm belief that it is a more general phenomenon associated with being dependent upon drugs, not just sedative-hypnotics.

Most people who use Opioids won't develop any kind of withdrawal syndrome until they've been using for weeks or months. With Benzodiazepines, I feel this process happens a little more quickly. Once you have developed a tolerance and withdrawn, it is typical for one to develop a tolerance more quickly and for that subsequent withdrawal experience to be more severe. If I were to use Heroin for 3-4 days right now, I would expect a nearly full-blown withdrawal syndrome.

So yea, I think that you're just becoming re-dependent upon these drugs every time you pick up your prescription. You're not alone in this. It's pretty much universal from what I have read and experienced. It's one of those things, however, that "mainstream" medicine is not going to focus on along with stuff like Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome. Side-bar, I'm pretty sure that if PAWS and its true nature were understood by people, the whole 30-90 days rehab rackets would be bankrupt nearly overnight i.e. they can't actually fix you in such a short time.
I’m suffering really really bad (probably the worse I have have) at the moment. This has been going on for 3 months. Im not new to opioids. I don’t have any withdrawal symptom from benzos. I can take them or leave them. Will ketamine help repair or help me get back to my original state sooner? I ask because I also have TRD (treatment resistant depression) I was on close to 2 dozen antidepressants and I’m thinking about trying esketamine or even ketamine infusions. I know is a disassociative and I’d hate to do dxm. But do they help at all?