European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

We're all going to die? Russian invasion of Ukraine 2022

StoneHappyMonday

Bluelighter
Do not dare move this thread to CE&P. I don't want right-wing American assholes wiping themselves all over this thread. The odd stray can hopefully be crushed. This is for serious discussion and the immensely strange thoughts and humour of the UK druggy cunts massive.

So what thinks you? The facts so far.

Putin releases mental statement harking back to Tsarist russian empires while denying he'll invade Ukraine where he has amassed 200,000 troops on the border.

Putin invades Ukraine.

Putin says he won't bomb civilians as it's a peace-keeping special operation not a war.

He bombs civilians and it is a war.

Putin is still immensely strong IMO. And immensely close to Nazism (while saying he is denazifying Ukraine). All very 1984.

Russia seem a bit bogged down. Some people think they will retreat and Putin will stfu.

Putin will not stfu. And they are not retreating.

And he's twice hinted at nuclear in the last 7 days.

Biggest threat to the world in 60 years (Cuban missile crisis) or...what exactly?

I find valium comforting at times like these.

275122898_3206793542868961_5809471793248440454_n.jpg

I think he'll do it, that's why we're so shit scared of getting directly involved. He's getting on a bit, he's probably on a cocktail of powerful drugs and he's got fuck all to lose. He's on a death or glory trip now and knows he'll be OK holed up in his bunker. The fact he will never be able to leave the bunker after the world is destroyed doesn't really matter.

The guy's a total nutter..

is still immensly strong

yo he's the most powerful 4 limbs around these woods parts, and no you're right most powerful man doesn't mean what the words says but we talk about Putin, fuckin vladimir fuckin putin the last man who is from old grapeyard vines structures.. by this i mean, the last man who knows how to conduct a war in all manner

Every month on the first Thursday of the month we had an air raid siren drill during the 80's.

Does it make you more scared than when the IRA was still bombing in London and one had to use the bus, tube etc...

Do not dare move this thread to CE&P. I don't want right-wing American assholes wiping themselves all over this thread. The odd stray can hopefully be crushed. This is for serious discussion and the immensely strange thoughts and humour of the UK druggy cunts massive.

So what thinks you? The facts so far.

Putin releases mental statement harking back to Tsarist russian empires while denying he'll invade Ukraine where he has amassed 200,000 troops on the border.

Putin invades Ukraine.

Putin says he won't bomb civilians as it's a peace-keeping special operation not a war.

He bombs civilians and it is a war.

Putin is still immensely strong IMO. And immensely close to Nazism (while saying he is denazifying Ukraine). All very 1984.

Russia seem a bit bogged down. Some people think they will retreat and Putin will stfu.

Putin will not stfu. And they are not retreating.

And he's twice hinted at nuclear in the last 7 days.

Biggest threat to the world in 60 years (Cuban missile crisis) or...what exactly?

I find valium comforting at times like these.
American asshole incoming, but yeah, I think the threat is real. I mean, it's the largest land war & invasion in Europe in decades, since WW2 maybe? So that's serious imo.

Every month on the first Thursday of the month we had an air raid siren drill during the 80's.

Yeh, I remember those. Scary shit. Schools handing out 'Protect and Survive' booklets telling you how to make a shelter out of doors. In four fuckin minutes. As if...

I'm not really scared now, I've had my life - but I fear for my kids...

MOVED TO CEPS >>> sorry bad joke

I think he'll do it, that's why we're so shit scared of getting directly involved. He's getting on a bit, he's probably on a cocktail of powerful drugs and he's got fuck all to lose. He's on a death or glory trip now and knows he'll be OK holed up in his bunker. The fact he will never be able to leave the bunker after the world is destroyed doesn't really matter.

The guy's a total nutter..
Yeah I thought this. He's an aging nutter who - IF he wants to see the world end - is in a position to make it happen. Scary shit.

Wish I was able to get through this with Valium without my methadone script/life in general being intefered with massively...

Does it make you more scared than when the IRA was still bombing in London and one had to use the bus, tube etc...

Yes. Miles more. Because the utter fucking mentalist is a mentalist. And ultimately he has the nuclear thing. Plus I rewatched Threads last night after 38 years.

It's the potential. Doesn't mean it will happen, but the potential.

MOVED TO CEPS >>> sorry bad joke

Yeah I thought this. He's an aging nutter who - IF he wants to see the world end - is in a position to make it happen. Scary shit.

Wish I was able to get through this with Valium without my methadone script/life in general being intefered with massively...

Us drug addicts will be fucked...

And yes, Threads should be compulsory viewing for everyone.

yeah i think the nuclear threat is real.

putin got into power by helping to start a horrendous war, i guess he wants the symmetry of going out to one, cos its not doing him any favours with the russian people. even his rich friends, now they can't travel anywhere and are losing money. it makes no sense if he wants to stay in power. i'm not even sure how it makes sense if he's not planning on staying in power. like why does he care so much about ukraine?

maybe there is something i'm missing cos in general i avoid the news as it doesn't do much for my mental health.

. like why does he care so much about ukraine?

maybe there is something i'm missing cos in general i avoid the news as it doesn't do much for my mental health.
I mostly avoid the news for mental health reasons too. The negativity and scaremongering and biases aren't good for anyone.

I liked Russell Brand's take on the whole thing on his You Tube channel. He reckons that Ukraine has inadvertently become like a kind of globally crucial chess piece - a pawn in effect. With the Western powers pressurizing it to join NATO (to ally with the West against Russia) and Putin does not like this one bit. Apparently Putin considers that NATO have provoked the situation by their action.

This is no justification for invading a sovereign state and killing innocent civilians obviously.

But Brand is quite correct in stating that it is always OK when Britain and or America invade / attack other countries for whatever justifications we use. But it is never OK for another country to do the same. Unless you are them.

I don't think he will use the nukes. I don't doubt that it is a very serious situation though.

Last edited:
so he's going to occupy a country that has multiple nato members on its borders. no logic.
Yups, what else is there?

Have you seen the Netflix flick about the leadup to all this?

Russian territory ruled by nato

thanks @Bleaney that does kinda make sense. as much as killing civilians can ever make sense anyway.

and yeah we do have huge double standards. cos were the only countries that can bring 'freedom' or 'civilisation' or some nonsense. its farcical.

@Arnold no i have not but maybe i should!!

I'm not really scared now, I've had my life - but I fear for my kids...
Eh?

Didn't I read somewhere that you said you were 50 something? Does this mean you have had your life? Like you're at death's door and nothing worth living for remaining?

(I'm genuinely perplexed because I'm in the same age group as you)

Eh?

Didn't I read somewhere that you said you were 50 something? Does this mean you have had your life? Like you're at death's door and nothing worth living for remaining?

(I'm genuinely perplexed because I'm in the same age group as you)

Yeh, I'm 57 but not at deaths door yet (even though I feel like an old cunt with nothing more to offer). But when I was a kid in the 70s and 80s, the cold war threat scared the fuckin shit out of me. Now, I'm more philosophical about it. If it happens, I'd rather be at ground zero than on the periphery and trying to survive in vain.