• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Wellbutrin

That’s awesome & a great attitude. That’s what it takes, hitting rock bottom, I know! Keep up the good work and let me know how it goes.

Hello, I began taking Wellbutrin 2 & 1/2 weeks ago. So far, it has taken the edge off my depression. The depression is not completely gone, but I understand that it needs to build up in your system to become its most effective. I know alcohol is prohibited while on this drug, so I have not had a drop of alcohol since I started taking it. Question: Would one glass of champagne or wine do any damage? I’m not a big drinker, but would like to have a glass of wine, and I do mean just one glass, at a party that I’ll be attending. Has anyone had any experience with this? I have read that alcohol is prohibited, but I’ve also read that it should be kept to a minimum, so that is the cause of my confusion. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
I’ve been on many antidepressants over the years and my understanding of the warning to not mix them with alcohol is that they might not work as effectively and can increase alcohol impairment even further. I drink occasionally and haven’t had any issues. I don’t think a single glass of champagne or wine will be an issue.

The thing that scared me with this one is that it warns that you can go into a seizure or cardiac arrest. Frightening! Bummer that I’ll have to be stone sober at celebrations.

^ ya wellbutrin is different then typical ssris wellbutrin has amphetamines like effects to it definitely not a good idea to mix with downers.