• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Wellbutrin

Binky7766

Bluelighter
Hello, I began taking Wellbutrin 2 & 1/2 weeks ago. So far, it has taken the edge off my depression. The depression is not completely gone, but I understand that it needs to build up in your system to become its most effective. I know alcohol is prohibited while on this drug, so I have not had a drop of alcohol since I started taking it. Question: Would one glass of champagne or wine do any damage? I’m not a big drinker, but would like to have a glass of wine, and I do mean just one glass, at a party that I’ll be attending. Has anyone had any experience with this? I have read that alcohol is prohibited, but I’ve also read that it should be kept to a minimum, so that is the cause of my confusion. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Hello, I began taking Wellbutrin 2 & 1/2 weeks ago. So far, it has taken the edge off my depression. The depression is not completely gone, but I understand that it needs to build up in your system to become its most effective. I know alcohol is prohibited while on this drug, so I have not had a drop of alcohol since I started taking it. Question: Would one glass of champagne or wine do any damage? I’m not a big drinker, but would like to have a glass of wine, and I do mean just one glass, at a party that I’ll be attending. Has anyone had any experience with this? I have read that alcohol is prohibited, but I’ve also read that it should be kept to a minimum, so that is the cause of my confusion. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
I wouldn’t recommend it tbh, Wellbutrin has stimulant effects to it mixing stimulants and depressants can cause irregular heart rhythm and you can end up going into cardiac arrest having just one glass of wine probably won’t do that but I wouldn’t take my chances.

I do have heart issues, so drinking will be out of the question for me for sure! Thank you very much for your reply!

I do have heart issues, so drinking will be out of the question for me for sure! Thank you very much for your reply!
No problem but just so you know wellbutrin alone can worsen pre existing heart problems, depression can be managed without medication exercise is one of the best natural things to do that can have anti depressant effects and it strengthens your heart.

I gotcha. In the last few months I had a lot going on and went into a very severe depression. I have never experienced anything like that before and didn’t want to live. Given that it was so extreme, I felt I had no other choice, but to go on an antidepressant. stat! Hopefully it will just be temporary.

I gotcha. In the last few months I had a lot going on and went into a very severe depression. I have never experienced anything like that before and didn’t want to live. Given that it was so extreme, I felt I had no other choice, but to go on an antidepressant. stat! Hopefully it will just be temporary.
Ya fair enough wellbutrin is one of the safer anti depressants, it’s not hell to get off of like ssris for example I’m usually opposed to medication unless it’s absolutely needed and nothing else works, while you got that temporary boost from wellbutrin maybe you can work hard to fix the route cause of your depression and then get off the meds cause a lot of people report with wellbutrin that they build a tolerance and keep needing too increase the dose then eventually it just stops working and it’s like an addiction they just take it to feel normal not better.

I agree on the med thing. The last thing I needed was yet another medication! I am relieved to hear that it is not as bad to taper as the SSRIs. Another thing that I don’t need is withdrawal! I really appreciate your input.

I agree on the med thing. The last thing I needed was yet another medication! I am relieved to hear that it is not as bad to taper as the SSRIs. Another thing that I don’t need is withdrawal! I really appreciate your input.
Ya definitely wellbutrin does have some withdrawals but I heard it’s not too bad you don’t even need to taper it cause the withdrawals aren’t dangerous or too severe to handle usually you can just stop cold turkey, you’ll probably be pretty uncomfortable though if you take it long term and quit like it’ll be like bad coffee or cigarette withdrawal if you don’t wana deal with that I’d recommend taking it short term.

Yah, coffee withdrawal is no joke! And, after having cervical spine surgery last year, I got hooked on the pain killers. When it was time to come off, boy, was it bad!

Yah, coffee withdrawal is no joke! And, after having cervical spine surgery last year, I got hooked on the pain killers. When it was time to come off, boy, was it bad!
Yeah for real coffee withdrawal sucks and I’ve had my problems with opioids myself I’ve abused perc30s but kratom was my biggest problem I heavily abused that and have quite the horror story with that but I’ve been sober off all that for 6-7 months.

Percs were my fav. I think they give you the best high and best pain relief. It was oxys that I got hooked on - terrible withdrawal. A friend gave me some methadone & it really helped level things out during withdrawal. Ugh, never again!

I’ve heard of Kratom, but I don’t know much about it. Is it an opioid? Is the high similar to a narcotic high?

Percs were my fav. I think they give you the best high and best pain relief. It was oxys that I got hooked on - terrible withdrawal. A friend gave me some methadone & it really helped level things out during withdrawal. Ugh, never again!

I’ve heard of Kratom, but I don’t know much about it. Is it an opioid? Is the high similar to a narcotic high?
yeah definitely I fucking loved percs man I wish addiction wasn’t a thing and we could just feel like our first perc high but unfortunately that’s now how it is and I can’t do that shit no more kratom is an opiate some claim it isn’t but it definitely is when I’d take high doses of it I’d get the same euphoria I’d get from percs but it was more stimulating it felt like combining amphetamines with percs felt amazing but I definitely wouldn’t recommend it I ended up in psychosis from kratom abuse, and the euphoric highs didn’t last when addiction set in.

I’ve always felt the same way, like why can’t we just feel like this all the time. Why is everything that feels good bad?! I don’t know how old you are but I’m old enough to remember ecstasy when it was PURE. Early 1990’s I guess. The high was unbelievable. And it was all love. I remember going into the supermarket with my friend and smiling at people and they actually smiled back. It just felt like the way life should be. And hugging people just felt so damn good. Well it’s not pure anymore and I guess it’s called Molly. That’s probably a good thing or I’d be tempted to do it again! I’m 56 & tried many things in my younger life mostly except for kratom, heroine & a few other things I can’t think of the names for. I’ve been fascinated watching things on the drug DMT. They say it makes you feel like you’re on another plane of existence. Feel like you’re in outer space. It sounds cool but scary. You’d really have to be completely mentally stable to do something like that. There is a movie called, Enter the Void that centered around its use. CRAZY.

I’ve always felt the same way, like why can’t we just feel like this all the time. Why is everything that feels good bad?! I don’t know how old you are but I’m old enough to remember ecstasy when it was PURE. Early 1990’s I guess. The high was unbelievable. And it was all love. I remember going into the supermarket with my friend and smiling at people and they actually smiled back. It just felt like the way life should be. And hugging people just felt so damn good. Well it’s not pure anymore and I guess it’s called Molly. That’s probably a good thing or I’d be tempted to do it again! I’m 56 & tried many things in my younger life mostly except for kratom, heroine & a few other things I can’t think of the names for. I’ve been fascinated watching things on the drug DMT. They say it makes you feel like you’re on another plane of existence. Feel like you’re in outer space. It sounds cool but scary. You’d really have to be completely mentally stable to do something like that. There is a movie called, Enter the Void that centered around its use. CRAZY.
Damn you’re 56? That’s crazy I’m 18 I’ve never done molly/ecstasy yet and idk If I will since the comedown is so nasty I’ve heard I’ve tried a lot of drugs too but not stuff like meth heroin pcp etc I used to do harder stuff like opiates benzos and amphetamines but I quit all of that now I just do psychedelics, I was going to try DMT soon I finally got a plug for it I’m just waiting to be in the correct state of mind for it DMT makes your brain think it’s dying so you feel the sensation of being out of your body and flying through the cosmos I love shrooms and LSD so I’ll probably like DMT a lot.

Damn, you’re going to try DMT?! I don’t think I’d have the courage to try. I think I would be scared and freak out. In my 20’s, I had a bad acid trip. Once you have a bad trip, you’ll never do that drug again. Also, a few years ago I had a bad trip on edibles. I will definitely not do that again either! Weed does the opposite for me than what it does for other people. It brings out my depression and anxiety, so I stay away! Plus it’s much more potent these days than it was when I was a teenager in the 80s! Be careful on the DMT and if you do it, come back to this thread, and let me know what it was like! Have you ever seen Enter the Void? You might want to watch that before you try the drug LOL. You can probably rent it on Vudu or some streaming service like that.

Damn, you’re going to try DMT?! I don’t think I’d have the courage to try. I think I would be scared and freak out. In my 20’s, I had a bad acid trip. Once you have a bad trip, you’ll never do that drug again. Also, a few years ago I had a bad trip on edibles. I will definitely not do that again either! Weed does the opposite for me than what it does for other people. It brings out my depression and anxiety, so I stay away! Plus it’s much more potent these days than it was when I was a teenager in the 80s! Be careful on the DMT and if you do it, come back to this thread, and let me know what it was like! Have you ever seen Enter the Void? You might want to watch that before you try the drug LOL. You can probably rent it on Vudu or some streaming service like that.
Ya the thing with weed and psychedelics is that it amplifies the state you’re in so if you’re feeling happy you’ll have a good high but if you’re dealing with depression and anxiety you’ll have a bad high I’ve had a bad acid trip and a really bad experience with cannabis my first time using it but it was never enough to scare me away from using it again the two bad times I had I took ridiculously high doses my first time smoking weed I was 15 and running cross country at the time I went under the stage with a guy I knew who had this live resin cart with wax in it I took 3 huge hits off of it with no tolerance and I was tripping really hard, weed doesn’t usually make me trip but that dose for my first time did tripping really hard at school at a running practice definitely was not a good time lmao, I had a bad acid trip where I took 2 double dipped tabs and smoked a lot of weed to amplify it I was super anxious and felt very uncomfortable cause I was tripping so hard I threw up a lot and my heart was beating way too fast I was also thinking deeply about everything I didn’t like about myself and the addictions at the time and actually cut way back on my drug use cause of that trip it was a hellish trip in the moment but overall it benefitted my life I have a ton of experience with acid and think I’d be able to handle DMT.

Wow, sounds intense! I’ve never done heroin, have you? I wouldn’t do it, but I’ve always been very curious as to how it makes you feel. I wonder if it is like the narcotic high on steroids?! Also, I know you said you haven’t done crystal meth, but have you done methadone?

Wow, sounds intense! I’ve never done heroin, have you? I wouldn’t do it, but I’ve always been very curious as to how it makes you feel. I wonder if it is like the narcotic high on steroids?! Also, I know you said you haven’t done crystal meth, but have you done methadone?
Never done heroin but I have done fentanyl on accident i got a perc30 that the plug who sold it to me later admitted was party fentanyl the euphoria and the nod was way more intense then perscription narcotics i ended up puking my guts out it was very idiotic of me not to test the drugs I was buying at the time and not go to the hospital after I started throwing up that much my younger addict self was very impulsive and stupid I’m lucky I didn’t die, I’ve never done methadone or crystal Meth and never will unless I find out I have 2 weeks to live that’s the only circumstance I’d do it.

Well, it sounds like you matured a lot and are doing the right thing for yourself. That’s huge at your age. Just be careful with the DMT. Make sure you’re in a comfortable place with maybe someone who is sober who can calm you down if you freak out. In any case, I definitely want to hear about it. Check out the movie if you can!

Well, it sounds like you matured a lot and are doing the right thing for yourself. That’s huge at your age. Just be careful with the DMT. Make sure you’re in a comfortable place with maybe someone who is sober who can calm you down if you freak out. In any case, I definitely want to hear about it. Check out the movie if you can!
Ya for sure nowadays I lift weights every day go to school and I’m gonna start working again soon definitely doing much better going through rock bottom and overcoming some challenges has definitely changed my perspective on life and I’m glad I went through all that for the life experience even though it was hell I wouldn’t change it if I could go back in time cause it’s all making me into the man I am today and I’ll watch that at some point, I probably won’t be doing DMT until the summer tbh but I’m gonna take an LSD trip very soon possibly tmrw.