• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Wellbutrin For Depression

OceansState

Bluelighter
I would like to hear peoples opinions on Wellbutrin for helping with depression. I have a Dr.s visit and was going to ask for a script.

I recently decided to stop with taking high doses Loperamide, have been taking it 10+ years. I would pop a handful and be good for the day, content and kind of numb to the world. I have been successfully lowering the dose, now im down to 1/4 what i was normally taking.

Around 3 weeks ago all of a sudden i started having thoughts of things that happened 20yrs ago and its really getting to me. i wake up from having dreams and im crying, Ill have negative thoughts pop up in my head and i cant stop dwelling on them. I try to take my mind off things by keeping myself busy but the thoughts just linger and no signs of getting better. I feel ok physically, but the depression is getting to me.

If it doesn't help you could add some DXM or ask for Auvelity which is bupropion mixed with dextromethorphan. I experienced this combinations years before it was approved and found it to be surprisingly effective and strongly stimulating. I am somebody who usually has to deal with crippling social anxiety and this stuff made me chatting up with strangers. The most drug-like medication I've ever experienced, I would say it was stronger than dexamphetamine/adderall. Never could have imagined that they'd approve this exact combo!

Bupropion alone wasn't that helpful for me but I know it is for others. Good luck!

No bupropion does not do anything. I escalated the dose to 1g/d once at it still doesn't do anything so i quit.

Bupropion, made me quit smoking. Made me angry, nervous and unable to use any drug with cyp2d6 metabolite ( a lot of them )

What dose of loperamide are you down to?

The past 3 days I took 20 tabs (40mg) Loperamide in the morning but also took 2g doses of Kratom throughout the day, probably 5-6 times though I wasnt keeping track which I probably should be. About 3 weeks ago I was taking no less than 70 tabs/140mg a day of Loperamide. It was more like 90-100 tabs/day. id just pop a bunch until I felt great.

Last night I couldn't sleep, anxiety maybe and just couldn't get comfortable so I took 600mg Gabapentin and 1.5g kratom, still couldn't sleep so took 0.1 Clonidine and that mush have done the trick and I slept a few hours, woke and was actually able to lay in bed a little longer before getting up which never happens.

Got up and made some coffee, took 2g kratom then another 2g Kratom 30 min later and now I feel ok/good. I haven't taken any Loperamide today, yet. I'm going to take 2 tabs in a bit because I can feel my stomach is upset.

My main goal is to lower the Loperamide to no more than 2 tabs/day. I say 2 tabs because I have Crohns and without Loperamide ill be needing to find a bathroom every 2hrs.

My problem is i dont really have a set schedule/plan so im winging it. I have Gabapentin and Clonidine which i don't like taking, they make me feel foggy in the head so ill take only when I really feel I need to. And this weekend I have to see my parents and do some work over there house so i have to be my upbeat self, i cant be there feeling like garbage. I have today, Friday and Saturday to figure it out to feel ok/good Sunday.

The pharmacy app still says the Wellbutrin is processing, they have it its just not ready yet. Says will be ready by 1pm to pickup. Now ill have to take that and see how it makes me feel, hopefully its positive and not a negative effect.

Bupropion, made me quit smoking. Made me angry, nervous and unable to use any drug with cyp2d6 metabolite ( a lot of them )

I worked with someone years ago that was taking Wellbutrin for quiting smoking and he said it made him angry, we all could tell he was a bit on edge. I forget if he was able to stop smoking, it was so long ago.

If it doesn't help you could add some DXM or ask for Auvelity which is bupropion mixed with dextromethorphan. I experienced this combinations years before it was approved and found it to be surprisingly effective and strongly stimulating. I am somebody who usually has to deal with crippling social anxiety and this stuff made me chatting up with strangers. The most drug-like medication I've ever experienced, I would say it was stronger than dexamphetamine/adderall. Never could have imagined that they'd approve this exact combo!

Bupropion alone wasn't that helpful for me but I know it is for others. Good luck!

I just looked up Auvelity and unfortunatley its way out of my price range, its 63 X's the cost of the Bupropion and seems theres no generics out yet. I looked on there website and they do offer a savings card for a massive discount but one of the terms is you have to be commercially insured, I dont have insurance. The big name pharmacy I go to is great with automatically giving me huge discounts on my generic meds so far. Ill search online for those drug savings coupons and the pharmacy always has even lower prices so I don't need to use any coupons. My Dr is great and will write the scripts with cost in mind, example she was going to write me a script for Gabapentin pills until we saw the price online and it was much much cheaper going with the caps.

I just looked up Auvelity and unfortunatley its way out of my price range, its 63 X's the cost of the Bupropion and seems theres no generics out yet. I looked on there website and they do offer a savings card for a massive discount but one of the terms is you have to be commercially insured, I dont have insurance. The big name pharmacy I go to is great with automatically giving me huge discounts on my generic meds so far. Ill search online for those drug savings coupons and the pharmacy always has even lower prices so I don't need to use any coupons. My Dr is great and will write the scripts with cost in mind, example she was going to write me a script for Gabapentin pills until we saw the price online and it was much much cheaper going with the caps.
I tried to replicate bupropion + dxm and results were...strong, compared to first dose of lexapro/wellbutrin/venlafaxine/etc., it was straight psychoactive hour after ingestion...IT was too much for me and i used only 45mg dxm. .but after few days of interesting intoxication it should make your dopamine,noradrenalínu,serotonínom etc. rise, significantly more than bupropion or dxm alone.

Auvelity is massively overpriced. What's funny is that the dose of dextromethorphan in Auvelity is 45mg, and conveniently, you can buy 15mg DXM capsules OTC, so it's easily to replicate that for mere pennies. If I was the manufacturer of Auvelity I would have at least change the DXM salt used (both Auvelity and otc Auvelity use dextromethorphan hydrobromide) to make it seem like one couldn't exactly replicate the effect by just adding in a dirt cheap OTC product.

I'm also stuck on a small dose of loperamide (6 tablets, aka 12mg). This is a hold over from a loperamide habit I had a decade ago (around 40-50 pills a day). I had actually briefly quit it for around 6 months and then a run in with kratom caused me to hop back on.

When I quit briefly, I tapered down to two pills and quit. What's interesting is that for a few weeks after I felt kind of achy and cold etc, and realized, "shit these must be mild opioid withdrawal symptoms from quiting stopping just those two loperamide pills". I expected no withdrawal symptoms to manifest but the did gradually sneak up on me.

Which I suppose isn't too surprising in retrospect. Years ago I was on a huge dose of methadone (380mg) and over 18 months tapered down to something like 2.5mg. After stopping that 2.5mg of methadone, I got shockingly sick. The acute withdrawal phase alone lasted a good 3 weeks. I wasn't really in withdrawal from just that 2.5mg, I was sick from having once been on 380mg.

I guess the same is true with loperamide, which is like methadone-lite (given its similarly long duration of action).

Just picked up the Bupropion XL 150 and put it in my pill cutter to cut it in half to take. Why, I figure its late in the day and want it to kick in quicker I guess. Seems like there is some type of coating on it.

I actually feel good right now just from taking the 4g kratom earlier though I can still feel the effects of the Gabapentin taken last night/early am. My body feels comfortable, very slightly sedated feeling.

I don't feel any withdrawals or the need to take any Loperamide at the moment which seems like a very good thing. My pupils are open instead of being pinned like usual. I'm sure there's still some Loperamide in my body since i read it takes 5 days for it to be totally out.

I'll admit the reason I take a few doses of Kratom a day is mostly due to wanting to not be depressed. I think if I strictly limited it to only when I felt withdrawals coming on it would be much lower, probably by half.

its confusing with all these new drugs, not knowing what each one really does and/or what im expecting them do do. I also bought a bunch of gummy vitamins and minerals and i think they may be helping a little since my diet isnt the best and hardly eat.

I decided to take 15 tabs (30mg) Loperamide. I learned my lesson with just jumping off drugs/meds so since I was taking 20 tabs the past few days I'm thinking lowering it to 15 tabs is the smart way to do it, see how I feel later today and tomorrow morning.

Dont feel any effects from the Bupropion yet though its only been 1.5hrs later and i guess the XL version takes much longer to release in the body.

I did come across a study on the SR version where they gave it to non-depressed people and they tested them after 3hrs and there were positive results for the ones taking it. And that was on day 1, they never had it before. But then I read reviews from people saying it took weeks to see any effects.

Im on day 3 now of the Wellbutrin, not sure what I was expecting but i kinda thought id be happier than I am right now. Its 150mg XR once a day. I havent been dwelling on the past as much, so maybe its slowly working.

What usually makes people happier, Wellbutrin or Gabapentin? I have 300mg Gabapentin caps but only take them at night since when i initially took one it made me foggy in the head, not upbeat and happy. Wonder if I just need to keep taking the Gabapentin for it to work at making me happy? Im sitting here kinda sad and i dont want to be.

I'm just going to keep writing in this thread to remind myself of my progress.

Sat and Sunday I only took 15 tabs/30mg Loperamide and felt ok/good. I also dosed 2g Kratom 4-5 times throughout the day. 600mg Gabapentin and 0.1 Clonidine before bed, ill watch a movie and let myself fall asleep on the couch then move to my bed, start tossing and turning/restless, can feel my hear beating but not rls/tingles which surprises me, ill wake and take a few 0.5g capsules ok Kratom and usually fall asleep.

Yesterday/Sunday went well. Went over my parents to do some work. Seeing them really got me motivated to feel normal again, they are getting older and they need a lot of help and I'm the only child around to be able to help. My sister passed away a few years back when she was 40, which is one of the reasons I went into depression, I really thought I would also die early and was just waiting. But it never happened, 40 came and went and im fine except for the Loperamide screwing my life up.

So yesterday I woke and took 15 tabs/30 mg Loperamide just because I didn't want to not take any and feel withdrawals, the previous day I only took 15 tabs along with kratom and felt fine. I also took 300mg Gabapentin in the morning thinking it may mellow me out, along with 4g Kratom. i took my 150mg Xl Wellbutrin in the morning, not sure I felt any effects but maybe its subtle and working, who knows. Night time was the same, 600mg Gabapentin and 0.1 Clonidine, feel asleep on the couch then moved to bed, tossed and turned restless, woke and took 300mg Gabapentin and 2g kratom, still tossed and turned so took another 1.5 G kratom and finally fell asleep. I know not a good plan, I'm just taking stuff hoping to sleep.

Woke this am 3/18 and feel ok. Took 2g kratom, coffee and 150mg XL Wellbutrin. haven't taken Loperamide yet but planning on only taking 7 tabs/14mg. That's half from yesterday. I don't want to take any but I don't want to push it, lets see how I handle taking 7 tabs.

I actually don't plan on stopping Loperamide altogether, ill still take 1-2 tabs/day since I have Crohns and without it ill be going to the bathroom all the time. Unless I can find something else to help with that.

Antidepressants take a few weeks to a couple months to fully work.
Only one that worked for me was mirtazapine and I had to start on a low dose, 1/2 a 15mg pill and it took 2 months to start working
An old friend of mine has corhns and was given 5mg of oxycodone to take twice a day. Would be safer then high amounts of loperamide

Antidepressants take a few weeks to a couple months to fully work.
Only one that worked for me was mirtazapine and I had to start on a low dose, 1/2 a 15mg pill and it took 2 months to start working
An old friend of mine has corhns and was given 5mg of oxycodone to take twice a day. Would be safer then high amounts of loperamide

Oh man, I would absolutely love a script for oxycodone but that would be a horrible idea. Im an addict and have no self control when it comes to pain killers. Im thinking taking 1-2 tabs of Loperamide as recommended shouldn't be harmfull.

I just wanted the Wellbutrin to deal with extreme sadness/depression I seem to be having recently. I figure its due to not being on high doses of Loperamide which seemed to make me content with life, not really a care in the world.

I just wanted something short term, something to help during the paws and then stop. i dont know much about paws and meds/drugs.

It's hard to know for certain what drug is doing what when you're talking several. Antidepressants do usually take some time. Wellbutrin extended release could be part of why it's hard to sleep.

Based on my experience with the three: it could be that you are feeling focused (enough to write these posts) with wellbutrin, and the kratom and gabapentin could be evening you out.

Since the wellies are extended release I'd give it maybe another several days and really try to isolate the variables by perhaps staggering the doses of the 4 you're taking

Sorry if I missed this above, what time of the day are you taking your Wellbutrin? I'm about to start it, but my doc made it very clear that I should take it first thing in the AM to avoid any sleep disruptions. Long-term Lope use like that is going to take a while for your brain chemistry to level back out, definitely could explain your symptoms.