• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Well this is weird....

I think its a case of mind over matter... once you've done enough of something you know what to expect and the best way to handle it. My house mate isn't as experienced as me and used to suffer from bad come downs from MDMA... he would sit around being overly quiet while feeling and looking depressed. It would bring mine and others moods down.... but after a couple of months of 'training' he learnt to embrace the comedown as its all part of the experience... what goes up must come down... its a great time to reflect on the night / day, all the positive vibes from this seems to dampen the negative effects for me (or im just way too used to them lol).

When i started out i used to suffer horrible comedowns from MDMA / random pills after just one night.... these days i can go on 3 day fear and loathing binges with next to no side effects, a good 8-12 hour sleep and im all good.. sometimes lucky enough to have an afterglow.

^ i think it deserves it's own topic because it deals more with 5-HT, losing the magic and i suppose the negative aspects of MDMA in the long term as opposed to pages of people rambling about how good it is.

This thread needs to go into detail about how we personally stay healthy whilst using drugs, and maybe the benefits of not abusing said substances.

Back when i was young using stupid amounts of mdma weekly really fried me. It's definately what triggered my anxiety and depression probably coupled with the meth use at the time. 5yrs later I'm only back to square one and feeling as healthy as I did when i was 18.

A good diet, excercise and the right attitude i think is paramount to MDMA being a fun chemical. I'll make note that when I used MDMA for a little while whilst still heavily addicted to opiates the magic was really not there. If you look at 25c-NBOMe's effects on 5-HT it seems llke it may (at least in my mind and on paper) help with those kinds of issues.

Set and Setting also play a huge role with MDMA for me these days. It's not nearly as enjoyable without the right atmosphere as opposed to how just taking it made me party when I was 16.

I think the final thing we need to remember is this;
Use drugs to enhance your experience, not to create it.

Stick to that rule and you'll find partying a lot more fun.

What Ibis said...

I think its a case of mind over matter... once you've done enough of something you know what to expect and the best way to handle it. My house mate isn't as experienced as me and used to suffer from bad come downs from MDMA... he would sit around being overly quiet while feeling and looking depressed. It would bring mine and others moods down.... but after a couple of months of 'training' he learnt to embrace the comedown as its all part of the experience... what goes up must come down... its a great time to reflect on the night / day, all the positive vibes from this seems to dampen the negative effects for me (or im just way too used to them lol).

When i started out i used to suffer horrible comedowns from MDMA / random pills after just one night.... these days i can go on 3 day fear and loathing binges with next to no side effects, a good 8-12 hour sleep and im all good.. sometimes lucky enough to have an afterglow.

Whilst I think your psychological perspective is an important aspect of how you deal with the come down, it's not entirely 'mind over matter'. MDMA (and other drugs) cause real neurochemical changes in the brain which can't simply be thought away, no matter how healthy your thought processes are. It's always going to be a combination of the two, but having a worse come down isn't necessarily equated to being less strong minded or less able to embrace the resultant mindstate.

Last edited:
Anyway, when I first started taking bics I never came down at all, I loved the feeling of being 'scattered'. I took them a couple of times a week for years, and one day, pretty much out of the blue, 3 years worth of come downs hit at once. It's the most incapacitated I've ever been from drugs, and I have no doubt it was caused by mdma abuse. I had to drop out of uni and basically spend 6 months trying to get through every minute without topping myself. This unique brand of anxious despair seems pretty common to long term mdma abusers. Worst 6 months of my life, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

You're lucky it was only 6 months for you. I have a feeling it will be for the rest of my life but I have never given myself a true drug break so who knows. One triple re-uptake inhibitor a month is more than enough to keep me as depressed as possible whilst still surviving.

I have been taking 5htp for a couple of months now and it does seem to help with the comedown from MDMA, particularly the flat/slightly depressed feeling 2 to 3 days later. The problem is that 5htp is stuffing up my sleep, restless sleep and vivid and stressful dreams. I normally take one 100mg tab before bed and one in the morning.
Has anyone felt the same? Maybe I should drop the night pill? Any help appreciated.

yeah the mdma comedown isnt so bad. its not as bad as meth anyway. but its worse than a opiate hangover.
take a multivitamine. some milk thistle for ya liver & some fish oild suppliments. also get some of the otc shit called hydrolytle its great for re-hydration try it out.
if u have trouble sleeping get the otc drug called phenergan (promethazine) its a antihistamine & a weak antipsychotic .
its the best sleep aid ive had over diphenhydramine & doxylamine.

u'll be ok we've all had bad come downs just keep in mind that it always goes away. its not permanent.