• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Weird kratom withdrawal symptom

I think there's no jerk but it feels like there could be if it intensifies and I would always move voluntarily to get rid of the sensation. Duration is just a few secs until I'd change position and then it's away until I'd be on the verge of falling asleep again. The nastiest thing is just the sensation itself, it's kinda like a momentary panic. I'd rather have stayed the night up than to continue with this symptom. Thankfully it goes away upon ingesting some kratom but it's new, I didn't experience this with earlier kratom turkeys.

I had jerks from antipsychotics (dyskinesia probably) which lacked this distinct sensation and were much easier to tolerate also because it was just happening sporadically.
I know exactly what you are talking about. It's a real uncomfortable tingly, "creepy-crawling" sensation that gradually intensifies, and you can only find relief once you wriggle your body around... right? And the feelings usually only exist when your body is at rest?

It's most likely RLS (restless leg syndrome). Sometimes it can affect other parts of your body as well — your arms, your chest, etc.

It's a symptom that occurs during opioid withdrawal. And since Kratom acts on some of the same receptors in your brain that opioids do, Kratom shares similar withdrawal symptoms. Certain medications can actually cause or worsen RSL, too - such as antihistamines, antidepressants (particularly SSRIs), antipsychotics, etc. Some people also have genetic factors that cause this disorder, although the source is generally unknown.

I know this because I am one of the small percentage of people who actually have this condition; I get it regardless of whether I'm experiencing withdrawal or taking certain medications or not. I actually use Kratom to prevent RLS. In fact, I can't even sleep without Kratom because of my RLS getting so severe at times. I have been prescribed both Gabapentin as well Ropinirole for it in the past, but the Gabapentin takes too long to kick-in - and my body builds up a tolerance too quick to the Ropinirole to the point where it stops working after a few weeks. Kratom, for me, is effective even at the smallest doses (.5-1g) and starts working immediately, even with the tolerance that I have.

I've been using kratom for another month or two, kratom and propranolol the only drugs used in this period. Now I'm running out of the kratom and wanted to save the remaining for the case I'd really need it. First day without was flawless, a little tiredness but not more yet then when I went to bed I would have kind of an inverse nod. If that makes sense. Every time I'd fall asleep I felt a surge of restless energy going through my body, a very uncomfortable thing and ended up taking a tablespoon of kratom (usual dose being 3-4 spoons a day, given my high natural tolerance to opioids a pretty low dose with not much more than some relaxing effects). Now I woke up with a similar sensation of energy surges whenever I'd relax. Anybody else knowing this symptom?
RLS. Very common opioid WD side effect.

Well, it is more than RLS. More like restless body, the sensation goes through the whole body. Doesn't occur always though, I'm currently tapering down on the kratom and some days I get it, others not.

Anybody experienced with pramipexole, does it help during opioid WD or would I need to get pregabalin?

Well, it is more than RLS. More like restless body, the sensation goes through the whole body. Doesn't occur always though, I'm currently tapering down on the kratom and some days I get it, others not.

Anybody experienced with pramipexole, does it help during opioid WD or would I need to get pregabalin?
pregablin seems more effective but it’s is 1000x worse to get off of. I used ketamine and psilocybin to get off

Last edited:
Higher dose memantine does lower opiate withdrawal. Just be careful not to dose too high, you’ll be in something identical to a k-hole though not as instant and u need days to safely come out. On it’s own it’s fun af.
and a long one at that/ Memantine carries a 65 hour half life

Interesting , i have never found kratom to cause physical withdrawal even after 3 months of usage . How many grams daily can it cause withdrawal ? I am used to stuff like ghb which cause bad side effect real quick .
3 months of use is not a lot. Kratom is unique in that WD are more common in longer term users. However, I took a naltrexons once with 4 months of daily kratom use in me and I ended up in ER with precipitated WD.

Yeah I first encountered this like a decade ago when I was addicted to high doses of tramadol..it starts by just waking you up and then twitching then jerking. Kratom does this to me as well if I've had a good run on it. I associate this as nerves have all gone south and more importantly your gastrointestinal system doing its thing. My stomach fucking hates Kratom and tramadol more so than any other drug.

Once I do get sleep with these zaps & jerks there has been many times when my girl basically kicks me out the bed to the couch because I'm shaking the bed kicking & flailing in my sleep, but while awake and in any opioid withdrawal I practice stillness. If you do this, you can really pin point the issue and almost eliminate the symptom..BUT I usually reach for benzos in such occasions, besides that I think it's best to get your potassium and vitamins in to really make it basically fuck off.

Yeah I first encountered this like a decade ago when I was addicted to high doses of tramadol..it starts by just waking you up and then twitching then jerking. Kratom does this to me as well if I've had a good run on it. I associate this as nerves have all gone south and more importantly your gastrointestinal system doing its thing. My stomach fucking hates Kratom and tramadol more so than any other drug.

Once I do get sleep with these zaps & jerks there has been many times when my girl basically kicks me out the bed to the couch because I'm shaking the bed kicking & flailing in my sleep, but while awake and in any opioid withdrawal I practice stillness. If you do this, you can really pin point the issue and almost eliminate the symptom..BUT I usually reach for benzos in such occasions, besides that I think it's best to get your potassium and vitamins in to really make it basically fuck off.
And high dose vitamin C. A calcium channel blocker too

of restless energy going through my body, a very uncomfortable thing and ended up taking a tablespoon of kratom (usual dose being 3-4 spoons a day, given my high natural tolerance to opioids a pretty low dose with not much more than some relaxing effects). Now I woke up with a similar sensation of energy surges whenever I'd relax.
Yeah, don't worry too much, it happens to me too,
sometimes with that "hypnic jerk" feeling, or some kind of electricity feeling, that's pretty unconfortable,
in my experience scutellaria tea and black seed oil would take care of that shit, I think kratom has that serotonin component that's very often misrepresented in the pharmacology analysis.. it's a bit like a SSRI, but different, not as intrusive.

pregablin seems more effective but it’s is 1000x worse to get off of. I used ketamine and psilocybin to get off
As someone who is dependent on both pregabalin (600 mg/day script) as well as kratom, I can confirm this is the case. The handful of times I've gone through CT pregabalin WD are hands-down the worst things I've ever experienced, worse than the time an amoeba invaded my cornea or the time that covid caused something resembling dysentery (I'll spare details). Both of the latter were physical agony, but I'd choose those over the protracted, utterly hopeless psychological agony of pregabalin WD. So, while I think pregabalin is an invaluable tool for lessening the WD symptoms from other drugs, it's super important to use it for the minimum time necessary. I was so clueless when I filled that first prescription 7 years ago...

I get that exact feeling when I wake up in the morning - sometimes hypnic jerk sorta movements. but in the morning I wake up startled and panicky, ever since I’ve started taking Kratom