Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Weeds

Seen first three seasons. Have them on DVD.

Love the show.

Great season so far.

Alanis Morrisette hasnt been bad the last few episodes either.

Hunter Parrish is quite delicious and Mary Louise Parker is quite attractive as well. Her taste in fashion is also quite good.

The show itself is just as good, the previous seasons were funnier though, this one is a bit lacking in that department. Its the only show that I've actually followed.

just watchn episode 9 .

they do like to make alot of references to ambien in this show dont they

this is the 3rd of 4th time theyv mentiond it lol

If this show wasn't about drugs/ drug dealers, then nobody would watch it. The writing is terrible. They seem incapable of seeing practically any of the storylines through so they just keep jumping from one situation to another, each one becoming more dangerous than the last. The guy who plays Shane is one of the worst child actors I've ever seen. This season is fucking terrible. The end of the first episode when they were all dancing on the street was the low point of the entire show, perhaps television in general... and why does Nancy keep going back to jail to see Guiermo? For entertainment purposes? Because the writers couldn't think of anything that made sense? Fuck this show.

What the hell happened to “Weeds”? It is an absolute shit show. It’s terrible now. It jumped the helicopter hovering over the shark two seasons ago, and now it’s in a free fall. When the inevitable SRL comes out ranking the five shows that were once good but have lost it, “Weeds” may get the lifetime achievement award. It’s depraved bunk, a vile misogynistic sitcom that’s more about showing Mary Louise Parker’s bare ass than anything else. Nancy Botwin used to be a likable, sympathetic, well-developed character. Now she’s just a pair of legs and a hidey-hole for abusive pricks.

Five seasons ago, “Weeds” debuted with a novel concept: A widower, Nancy Botwin (Mary Louis Parker), with no real marketable skills, attempts to keep her family living the lush suburban life by selling a few ounces of weed to the neighborhood blazers and a few soccer moms. Her rebellious son, Silas, was in love with a deaf girl; her younger son, Shane, was a precocious, socially-ostracized grade schooler trying to deal with bullies while coping with the loss of his father. Everybody else was comic relief: Kevin Nealon played a herb-smoking city councilor who couldn’t keep his dick in his pants; Elizabeth Perkins, as Celia, was the stick-in-her-but suburban shrew and president of the PTA; and Justin Kirk’s Andy was, as the irresponsible uncle left to watch after the kids, the best reason to watch the show. “Weeds” was a small, intimate dramedy about a dope-slinging housewife, but it was really a biting satire on suburban life, complete with a brilliant theme song, “Little Boxes,” that not only captured the spirit of the show, but provided a good deal of its thematic resonance. All in all, it was a fun alternative to “Desperate Housewives.”

Now? Nothing from the original season remains, including that theme song — the tone has shifted (it’s no longer funny, for one); the satire is nil; and the characters are the same only in name. It went off the deep end. I thought after Season Three, when the entire suburban community she was from burned to the ground, the show runners would take the opportunity to reboot the show, get it back to its roots, and focus on the difficulties involved raising a family and maintaining appearances while selling just enough reefer to keep the mortgage paid. Instead, in season four, “Weeds” just ratcheted up the increasingly unbelievable dramatic developments and sunk Nancy deeper into criminal enterprises.

The result: The prudish housewife once reluctant to sleep with anyone after her husband died has become something of a whorish drug kingpin, recently assisting in running a front for the transport of illegal aliens, and fucking the corrupt mayor of Mexico City, who wanted her dead after he discovered she ratted him out to the authorities. The catch? Nancy was pregnant with the mayor’s child, and now the mayor can’t decide whether to kill her or fuck her. Meanwhile, Silas has gotten involved in the family business, creating his own special strains of marijuana while trying to find a suitable place to grow it (this after carrying on a sexual relationship with someone his mother’s age last season). What Kevin Nealon is still doing on the show is a bit of a mystery — he just stands around and smokes up, oblivious to everything around him. Andy, who came completely out of left field and professed his love for Nancy, is now fucking Nancy vicariously through her sister (Jennifer Jason Leigh), a wine-soused house mom who has been left to care for Shane, who has nothing left to do but embarrassingly go through puberty on camera. Most ridiculous of all? Celia’s older daughter, who just appeared out of nowhere, kidnapped Celia at the end of last season with the assistance of a Mexican Rebel Leader, with the intent to ransom her back to her family. Now the former PTA president and city councilor appears to be falling in love with that Rebel Leader and arranging his machete’s in order of size. That’s how far this show has traveled.

“Weeds” completely strains credibility, and what’s worse is that this suburban comedy has taken a needlessly dark turn into nihilistic sex and violence. I got no problem with sex and violence, obviously. But it doesn’t make sense in the context of this show, or at least the original version of it that we were fond of. People are frequently capped, and in this week’s half-hour show alone, there were two sex scenes, one of which was cold and violent. Where’s the lighthearted and smart comedy in that? Worse: Nancy, at one time, was doing all of this for her family. Now there’s not even the pretense that she’s a decent mother. She’s not just a horrible mom, she’s a bad fucking person, the occasional crises of consciousness notwithstanding. She’s not just allowed her older son to sell dope, she’s encouraged it, and she’s basically abdicated responsibility for Shane, who has been moved to her sister’s while she waits to get capped and/or fucked.

I understood, I suppose, at the end of season two when Nancy’s DEA boyfriend got a bullet in the head, that “Weeds” would never be able to turn back. It became trapped by its own dramatic momentum, and each season since, it’s had to sink Nancy deeper and deeper into the cesspool of depravity. But it’s gone too far now — the characters aren’t relatable or sympathetic anymore. And instead of being a comedic satire, “Weeds” has become soulless and misanthropic. It’s lost its vision, and at this point, it’s too late to reclaim it.

What is it that you guys like about the show anymore?

If this show wasn't about drugs/ drug dealers, then nobody would watch it. The writing is terrible. They seem incapable of seeing practically any of the storylines through so they just keep jumping from one situation to another, each one becoming more dangerous than the last. The guy who plays Shane is one of the worst child actors I've ever seen. This season is fucking terrible. The end of the first episode when they were all dancing on the street was the low point of the entire show, perhaps television in general... and why does Nancy keep going back to jail to see Guiermo? For entertainment purposes? Because the writers couldn't think of anything that made sense? Fuck this show.

Looking forward to the stuff you produce DECEASED, when is it be shown what channel etc. Steve Speilberg look out :\

Looking forward to the stuff you produce DECEASED, when is it be shown what channel etc. Steve Speilberg look out

Thanks. I appreciate your support - though I'm not working on anything for television so if you genuinely want to check out my work in the future, you're going to have to go to film festivals... I don't expect to be as successful as Steven Spielberg, but it's kind of you to say...

and sometimes it borders on power rape more than 'fucking'

huh?

If you're hypercritical about a show then of course it will be tough to enjoy. Its entertainment ffs, not a film & TV production class at university. Break it down to the core of this show (any show on TV or film for that matter) and it is crap because it is not reality. The writers have taken a direction you dont like or agree with and that is respectable but its still a funny show. And I'd rather be watching this or Entourage than the crap reality shows that are killing a generation of kids and young adults right now.

I'm not hypercritical about 'Weeds'. It was a decent show the first couple of seasons and now it sucks some serious dick. The shows ratings and reviews reflect this decline. It's not just me.

actually come to think of it the current season is abit of a let down

though its stil a killer show

wooooo nancy titt-ay e09 woooo

yeh..

who will be sad if nancy dies?

i've watched every episode of weeds so far and i've gone from having empathy for nancy botwin to kinda wishing she would die or go to jail. i don't want to give away anything that happens, but jesus christ, nancy is a HORRIBLE mother, and kind of a horrible person, too! i think her kids would really be better off if she died or went to jail and andy took care of them. what are your thoughts on this?

why don't you just post this in the weeds thread?

i've watched every episode of weeds so far and i've gone from having empathy for nancy botwin to kinda wishing she would die or go to jail. i don't want to give away anything that happens, but jesus christ, nancy is a HORRIBLE mother, and kind of a horrible person, too! i think her kids would really be better off if she died or went to jail and andy took care of them. what are your thoughts on this?

From the moment Nancy tatooed a 'U-Turn' symbol on her ass, her character has been absolutely reprehensible. Maybe the writer/creator Jenji Kohan thinks that once you start selling drugs, all of your morals will eventually fly out the window and you'll become some hardcore, jaded drug lord type - but obviously this isn't what happens in real life.

The writers fail to exhibit practically any understanding of the drug world, continually inventing absurdly innacurate scenarios in order to rake in the ratings, rather than bothering to create and develop interesting characters.

There is practically no social commentary whatsoever. Except maybe that if you sell pot, eventually all of your friends and family will be swallowed up into the sultry underground world of illegal drugs.

'Weeds' portrays a negative perspective of marijuana and drugs in general. Everyone who smokes weed on the show are presented to be idiots and it wildly exagerattes the inevitable crime that surrounds the sale of what is, in reality, a relatively harmless drug.

None of this is particularly surprising however coming from a woman whose career consists entirely of writing for shows like Gilmore Girls, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Mad About You, Sex and the City and Will & Grace.

In 4 years this show has declined more than the Simpsons has over two decades.

In the beginning when they still lived in Agrestic and Conrad and Helia were part of the show, it worked. It was a decent show.

Now it is an absolute train wreck. I mean, what the fuck are Doug and Celia still doing hanging around all the time? What's the fucking point of burning down the whole town and moving to a new setting if every single fucking character moves with them? Because they couldn't think of another way to make a cliffhanger ending to the season?

This show is bad for legalization. It promotes a negative and highly innacurate message to non-drug people about drugs.

I would be quite happy if every single character on the show died. Especially the mexicans (no racism intended), they're just exceptionally bad characters.

I agree the show has gone downhill but I still want to see how it all ends.

Anyone know when this is coming back?