• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Weeds

DarthMom

Bluelighter
What a great show. I have been waiting for this Showtime series since they started talking about it a few months ago. For those who don't know, it is about this mom in a cookie cutter snooty yuppie suburbs whose hubby dies, so resorts to sellin weed to make the bills. She finds the time she spends in "the ghetto" with her suppliers to be much more real and sincere than the shit she deals with in her hood.

Great show, so far.

Damn it. I was waiting for it to come on to catch the first episode and I missed it.

It looks incredible from what I've seen and read about it.

It will be on tonight at 10 i think, believe each new episode is supposed to be on monday wed and friday. or if ya have on demand, it's on there. :)

DarthMom said:
It will be on tonight at 10 i think, believe each new episode is supposed to be on monday wed and friday. or if ya have on demand, it's on there. :)

thanks. I'll be sure and watch it (or tape it) tonight. :)

I didn't like this first episode. It feels more like the 4th or 5th episode they just picked up in the middle of this plot. I never saw a husband or a husband dead. I don't know what the main chracter was like before she started selling drugs and I sure as shit have no idea how she became a drugs dealer. They've left all the emotion and detail out and jumped straight to selling weed...

I doubt I'll watch much more.

You know, I actually liked that part of it sideways. The emotion I can do without, the detail I do agree would have been interesting, to hear how she met these people and how she came about choosing to do it. I am guessing that will come. I thought it wa fabulous, very entertaining. too bad only 30 minutes each episode.

I enjoyed it as well. Between "Weeds" and "Huff," Showtime is giving HBO a run for their money for quality series'.

Now huff kicks ass!!! I just don't understand how they are going to tie it all together. They have to show how she got to that point and everything leading up... I hope they don't use flashbacks, flashbacks only work well with very emotional plots... IMO... :\

When is huff on? I saw yall talking about it, but can't find it on On Demand. (needs stuff to watch during my insomnia bouts!!!)

yea huff looks pretty interesting, but i gotta say i think weeds is fucking corny. i guess it just doesn't hit home with me. anyone else feel the same?

Daffy Duck said:
i gotta say i think weeds is fucking corny. i guess it just doesn't hit home with me. anyone else feel the same?

I agree. I'm going to watch the next couple of episodes becuase you never know they could turn things around...

I downloaded it as I don't live in the USA. I thought it was alright but wasn't amazingly overwhelmed although good TV series often take a few episodes/seasons to warm up. It certainly has my attention enough to warrant watching future episodes.

Karaboudjan said:
I downloaded it as I don't live in the USA. I thought it was alright but wasn't amazingly overwhelmed although good TV series often take a few episodes/seasons to warm up. It certainly has my attention enough to warrant watching future episodes.

what he said, but i live in cali.

It's definately not targeting the younger drug-using crowd. It's still a comedy/drama. But if you grew-up in the 'burbs, especially w/ upper-middle class backgrounds, you'll have a bit more of a point of reference.

But I dunno, I've always felt people are fake everywhere, it's just more apparent in the suburbs. Everyone trying desperately to keep up an image, where as in bad neighborhoods there is no good image to uphold.

It's a feel-good-laugh-a-bit & "touch on serious issues w/ a joke" comedy. I'm not sure how long they can keep it stiff w/out it just becoming another sitcom though. I mean, the pot jokes will get stale, anyone who has been smoking for a few years knows that. (How many times can you laugh whenever the clock hits 4:20, honestly?)

Last edited:
saw the new episode tonight, startin to dig it, homeboy cracked me up at the pot clup huggin "craig x"i think was his name, lol. u know why big mama said the og kush sold out quick ? cause i bough it all, haha.