• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed + Xanax

Naaaaaaaah, you're just a benzo-novice.:p;)

hahahaha, tru dat, none offense meant, but yea, what he said. to me the benzo+weed thing is great only if you are feelin the Ax comin on and you wanna relax and have a nice chill high w/o bein on edge the whole time, otherwise, yea, of course youll fall asleep...

Xanax + WeeD = can't get stoned : (

So lately when Ive been smoking I start to get this awful anxiety within a few minutes of ligting up. I got a hold of some xanax and thought it would help with this and it sure did, but after about 20mintues my high goes away and I feel sober. Is this typical when mixing xanax and weed?

I also find when smoking weed (Dank) while on xanax that the marijuana seems to not effect me as it would if i was sober.. its like the xanax is blocking some of the 'psychedelic' part of the ganja high or something... so i totally agree with the OP that xanax and weed do not mix unless u just like to smoke weed without getting the full effect.

Yeah, been there and done that.

Xanax withdrawals were a killer. My closest friend at the time had to basically baby-sit me for three days straight to keep me from doing anything self-destructive and/or really stupid criminalistic shit.

I know that game....

Thats why I drink beer with my weed, accomplishes the same thing without overpowering it

^^weed n xannies v weed n alcohol are definatly different. i prefer weed n benzos though, alcohol is usually a last resort intoxicant for me

i understand where everyone is coming from saying that xanax changes the dynamics of the weed and i agree but having said that i must have weed while on xanax. this could be cuz i always ' must' have weed cuz i am a pot head but i crave more weed then usual while on benzos. maybe it is bc i am not necessarily gettin the fullest effects i dunno i just like the way they are together

ruin your bud?

how so?

by mixing the possibly conflicting highs?

i dunno bout ruining or wasting ones bud but yea the effects are somewhat different, still pleasent for some n maybe even most

I also find when smoking weed while on xanax that the marijuana seems to not effect me as it would if i was sober.. its like the xanax is blocking some of the 'psychedelic' part of the ganja high or something.

ive also noticed this lately. Would this happen on any dose of a benzo or just a higher one?

its that alprazolam makes you loose your inhibitions, therefore there isn't anything trippy when you dont have that mental barrier... kind of my view, understand?

Weed + Xanax = Benzo addiction. You'll regret it in your Valium tapper (don't go cold turkey if you get hooked to benzos, follow the ashton manual ;)).

Yea that was me my first 3x. My first bar I was dead asleep for about 15-16 hours. Then I was out walking the 4th time I took a bar so I stayed awake.

Yea that was me my first 3x. My first bar I was dead asleep for about 15-16 hours. Then I was out walking the 4th time I took a bar so I stayed awake.

An entire bar with no tolerance is a guaranteed knockout.

'Least ya never blacked out from 'em. That's the worst, man, and blacked out folks on Xanax can do some wild shit.

My opinion is that Xanax diminishes and detracts from the positive aspects of cannabis. Namely, the "getting high" aspect...I can smoke endless amounts of marijuana without getting high while just on half a Xanax bar 8) For me the "psychedelic" aspect of cannabis is a huge part of the reason I like it, like when you get stoned to the point where it feels like you're practically on a hallucinogenic drug trip, and Xanax just totally kills that part! (as others have mentioned)

My opinion is that Xanax diminishes and detracts from the positive aspects of cannabis. Namely, the "getting high" aspect...I can smoke endless amounts of marijuana without getting high while just on half a Xanax bar 8) For me the "psychedelic" aspect of cannabis is a huge part of the reason I like it, like when you get stoned to the point where it feels like you're practically on a hallucinogenic drug trip, and Xanax just totally kills that part! (as others have mentioned)

I used to argue against what you're saying all the time, but as I've gotten older I definitely agree with you on the diminished psychedelia aspect of a weed/alprazolam combo.

I do still disagree that it takes the high away completely, but it definitely puts a person into a completely different mental state than "just" weed typically would. It seems to quell outside the box thinking and allows you to focus solely on the present, in the minute you're in and whatever it is you're doing, without paying mind to literally anything else.

That's actually why I love Xanax, though-- the shit is simply amazing at destroying anxiety (at least temporarily.) I'm actually pretty confident that I smoke for the same reasons, but the anxiolytic qualities of my stash varies all the time so..... Xanax.

Valium and Ativan are chill, too, btw. I still want to try some flunitrozepam, though. Always wanted to roofie myself for some reason..... :\