• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed question

i've been smoking carts of live resin and the pen i use burns so little for a hit that i was thinking it definitely might be easier for beginners to handle. i was surprised how long one cart will last. i get more hits off a cart compared to what i will get for the price of flower. i'm actually shocked about that. i thought a gram vape pen would last a couple hours, but i spent like 12 hours or more high off a vape pen and only smoked like half a gram. it pretty much adds up to be the equivalent of what i pay for to get flower. it's a pretty good deal imo. i thought i'd be paying a lot for it to be extracted and it'd burn up way quicker. i'm kind of pleased with carts. i heard a lot of people don't like them.
I never tried the carts, but that's great if it works for you. I buy my hash rosin from the dispensary, it comes in a one gram ball and can cost me any where between $25-$70. I'll also pick up brick hash, wax/sauce, or live sand if it's on sale or a strain I want to try.
A piece the size of a grain of rice gets me plenty smacked. I use the Yocan Evolve Plus XL to vape which ran me about $45. It's a good, cheap entry level concentrate vape.

Last edited:
This is the crucial advice. Sativas always make me think i'm dying or something.
Alot of original sativa strains were just on the verge of hallucinogenic

most now seem to put your mind in overdrive
That's the truth right there! Only thing is a lot of growers don't grow sativas because of their long flowering time (14-16 wks) and less than stellar yields, bag appeal / appearance (foxtails). You're more likely to come across sativa dominant hybrids than pure sativas. I imagine it also depends on your location. Unless you know the grower or got it from a dispensary chances are you'll never know what strain you're truly smoking.

Last edited:
That's the truth right there! Only thing is a lot of growers don't grow sativas because of their long flowering time (14-16 wks) and less than stellar yields, bag appeal / appearance (foxtails).
That and the fact that once they start flowering Sativas stretch far more than Indica strains, which means that the grower needs more vertical space to grow in. These taller plants also mean that the lower parts of the plants will not receive sufficient light even if they are not shaded by the plants. This is because of they way light falloff decreases in accordance with the inverse square law.

That and the fact that once they start flowering Sativas stretch far more than Indica strains, which means that the grower needs more vertical space to grow in. These taller plants also mean that the lower parts of the plants will not receive sufficient light even if they are not shaded by the plants. This is because of they way light falloff decreases in accordance with the inverse square law.
Yep, you're completely correct there.

The only time I see pure sativas being ran is for the growers own personal head stash - either that or for breeding projects, creating hybrids to get seeds.

Are you talking about cannabis coffee shops in the Netherlands? Its actually illegal for them to lab test their products?
Yes. Everything they do actually is illegal, its just tolerated.

Its just proof of the gouvernement's stupidness. Making testing an illegal product by shopowner's themselves illegal. While it would protect the consumer, which is their duty right. Almost seem's like breaking your own law.

I miss pot! I used to enjoy it very much. Buit these days I get panic attack. what can be done to avoid this? is there anything I can take beforehand that will let me enjoy getting a high?
If you are lucky and able to get HHC bud's. Maybe I am just dreaming outloud, and wondering could such a bud excist?

HHC ime was a pitched down, sleepier and lighter experience compared to THC or THC/ CBD. No mindstate other then light feeling of relaxed well being. But I hate those Vapes and the Jelly's don't really offer what I want. But CBD-weed harmelessly infused with an measured ammount of HHC/ gram.

That's the truth right there! Only thing is a lot of growers don't grow sativas because of their long flowering time (14-16 wks) and less than stellar yields, bag appeal / appearance (foxtails). You're more likely to come across sativa dominant hybrids than pure sativas. I imagine it also depends on your location. Unless you know the grower or got it from a dispensary chances are you'll never know what strain you're truly smoking.

So that just tells me that we, as consumers who really enjoy sativas and sativa-dominant hybrids, need to be willing to pay a higher price for said product.

That's hard to do on a commercial scale but if you know a guy who knows some guys, it's not hard to tell 'em you'll drop an extra 50 if they can get you an oz of such-and-such or whatever.

Tricky thing with that route, though, is being able to trust that the such-and-such your guy brings you is actually such-and-such and not really what-a-what.

So that just tells me that we, as consumers who really enjoy sativas and sativa-dominant hybrids, need to be willing to pay a higher price for said product.

That's hard to do on a commercial scale but if you know a guy who knows some guys, it's not hard to tell 'em you'll drop an extra 50 if they can get you an oz of such-and-such or whatever.

Tricky thing with that route, though, is being able to trust that the such-and-such your guy brings you is actually such-and-such and not really what-a-what.
Are you in a state that allows recreational use of cannabis? They charge enough as it is over here in Massachusetts. Growing sativa just isn't economical.

I've never seen a pure sativa on dispensary shelves neither on the street. Depending on your location like say for example Australia or South America where the growing season is longer and fosters the perfect environment outdoor for sativas - that's where you're more likely to come across it.

Landrace strains are going extinct as we speak, a lot of foreigners bringing hybrid seeds to weed farmers in other countries and that's muddling up the gene pool. Genetic preservation is very important. Those pure sativas people love may one day not be around any more, that goes for indicas too.

Are you in a state that allows recreational use of cannabis? They charge enough as it is over here in Massachusetts. Growing sativa just isn't economical.

I've never seen a pure sativa on dispensary shelves neither on the street. Depending on your location like say for example Australia or South America where the growing season is longer and fosters the perfect environment outdoor for sativas - that's where you're more likely to come across it.

Landrace strains are going extinct as we speak, a lot of foreigners bringing hybrid seeds to weed farmers in other countries and that's muddling up the gene pool. Genetic preservation is very important. Those pure sativas people love may one day not be around any more, that goes for indicas too.

I am! Life has been wonderful since the stores opened as well.

I'm also in a very unique position as far as my perspective on pricing goes. I still talk to my flower guy (from before legalization) on a regular basis. He had the cheapest prices and best product that I knew of around, and was actually consistent and on-time every time.

As I got older and my circle grew smaller, I started worrying about what would happen if I had to find another plug. So basically, I'd get my guy to give me a price, and then I'd pull out an extra $50-$100 as strictly tippage. I made sure to let him know the reason was that I appreciated the connect and wanted to keep it going.

So now that we've legalized, I learned quickly that even with my tip included my guy still has better prices than the dispensary. What he doesn't have are edibles, extracts and concentrates.

Basically, my flower's still black market with a rare exception, but I mainly use carts now and I get everything else from the weed store. Used to buy edibles, but then I bought a magic butter machine instead and get so stoned off of snickerdoodles.

I also can't say with 100% certainty that I've EVER smoked a pure sativa. I'm fairly confident that my entire life I've been getting my hands on hybrids.

I miss pot! I used to enjoy it very much. Buit these days I get panic attack. what can be done to avoid this? is there anything I can take beforehand that will let me enjoy getting a high?
A number of different drugs can potentially help with the anxiety, especially GABA drugs and sometimes opioids. Alcohol of course an obvious choice which works great for me. Phenibut also works. For some odd reason Klonopin doesn't work for that for me (I take Klonopin for anxiety). Kratom sometimes works but sometimes it doesn't. That's Kratom's finicky nature for you. There are probably other things.

You can also do things like breathing exercises and/or cold showers which can help. I do the Wim Hof method regularly and that's a fringe benefit. Avoid caffeine as that makes it worse for me personally.