• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed question

district9

Bluelighter
I miss pot! I used to enjoy it very much. Buit these days I get panic attack. what can be done to avoid this? is there anything I can take beforehand that will let me enjoy getting a high?

All the above advice is good. I've also experienced this "panic-y" feeling after long T-breaks. I find less is more until I develop a little bit of tolerance. You can always take more, but not less.

common problem is ex tokers start again and roll a big joint and smoke too much and 'overdose' on thc
I say it in ' ' as its not a life threatening kind of overdose just one that can make you feel very uncomfortable

Start low n slow, and enjoy that low tolerance cos if you get to enjoy it again, it wont last long lol

Just smoke less.

Back in the day I'd hit a joint/pipe/bong 10, 11, 12 times to get where I wanted to be. Then an hour later I'd be ready to go again.

These days I'll take two tokes, maybe three if I'm feeling adventurous. And that might be all I smoke for an entire evening.

In my experience it's just a change of time. Not good, not bad, just different.

Sometimes after long breaks I get stoned then whoosh, back to the drawing board in my mind.

Things are (edit: should be) more simple, I believe, than i make them out to be.

Last edited:
I miss pot!

That was my state of mind too after the mid-summer of 2007, 3 years later i created my alias to self-educate myself then eventually have an initiation to vaporism, which using a balloon exposed me to systematic abuse of dosing, the couch-locks and their associated T-Breaks. Flowers that used to feel bad compared to haschich gradually paved the way to a transformed habit best described in this simple credo:

« Follow the Shortest Path of Lesser Transformation »

In other words avoid "vilainization" by ceasing back as much control as you can and growing "bio" would be ideal for many of us, but not everyone. In any case it won't hurt to repeat this again:

#1) Neuro-plasticity;
#2) Contaminants;
#3) Consumption Method & Ritual;
#4) Socio-toxic 3rd-party interference

Try to provide hints those 4 "reality filters" may inspire you please!

...I get panic... ...anything I can take beforehand that will let me enjoy getting a high?

If we exclude those who never tried cannabis i'd tend to conclude the vast majority of our members been "experts of failure" and i suspect that's where you presently stand as well, so how about adapting this "high" instead of feeding some nostalgia-driven spiral gravitating around a chimeric legacy of the past: a paradox of "legalization" avoiding "emancipation" matters so far if you ask me.

Waiting for politi¢ian$ in our respective government$ to fix anything?

Cannabis began to make me panicky and generally sick all of the time (probably because I was using it all the time) and so I stopped. Over the next 10 years I ate a 5mg edible at some point and it didn’t do anything. I quickly went back to forgetting that THC is even a thing that exists.

Fast forward to my (legal state) reintroduction to cannabis via dabbing approximately 1.5 years ago. The anxiety has the same way of coming about as it did before - just quicker - to some extent.

Flower gives me panic attacks basically every time but dabbing 50mg of rosin once or twice in the evening is almost always a relaxing experience for me.

Other times of the day are less reliable - anxiety comes on more easily. But those times are also less appropriate for me so it’s a good thing.

It doesn’t really matter anymore, though, because my perspective and goal with cannabis changed. I’m not trying to get as high as I can as often as I can or anything.

And there are additional benefits aside from less negative side effects.

It’s cheaper. It’s healthier. It’s more fun. I actually get way higher.

Edit: benzos can also help but that tends to add a complicating factor to an already problematic situation

Edit: benzos can also help but that tends to add a complicating factor to an already problematic situation

100%

a xanax bar or a few valium will work wonders for the problem OP describes.

the key is to not let yourself turn it into a binge. self-moderate it into a one-and-done situation. I don't give a shit how much you want another dose the next morning, fuckin' don't do it. Make some eggs, walk your dogs and do 115 squats so you can collapse on your couch and forget about it, but don't keep taking that shit for several days in a row.

[EDIT: and also don't buy pressed pills off the street! Never ever ever buy pills that you can't verify online. Fentanyl is a real risk, especially with fake/pressed Xanax and oxycodone.]

Last edited:
100%

a xanax bar or a few valium will work wonders for the problem OP describes.

the key is to not let yourself turn it into a binge. self-moderate it into a one-and-done situation. I don't give a shit how much you want another dose the next morning, fuckin' don't do it. Make some eggs, walk your dogs and do 115 squats so you can collapse on your couch and forget about it, but don't keep taking that shit for several days in a row.

[EDIT: and also don't buy pressed pills off the street! Never ever ever buy pills that you can't verify online. Fentanyl is a real risk, especially with fake/pressed Xanax and oxycodone.]
What if you dont have any eggs
no dogs
and no glutes?

If you haven't gotten high in a long time, do a much smaller amount by yourself or with someone you love. Point is to make it a totally non-stressful evening. Get a nice video or video game, some good music, make love, make it so that you don't even think about dreaming up a conversation, worrying about "looking fucked up", or anything of the sort. Look on the "paranoia" as an "up high" allowing you to focus on music, food, sex...

Next day, keep your doses low. The overwhelming high usually only is that first day back as long as you pay attention to those doses. And, it can be lots of fun.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

Smoking weed to me is a double edge sword. Some times it relieves my anxiety and relaxes me other times it makes me anxious and I start having intrusive thoughts. What I mean by intrusive thoughts is being bombarded with stuff I'd rather not think about like embarrassing moments or traumatic past experiences.

I stopped smoking flower and switched to hash rosin which I vape. A little goes a long way, and it's easier to dose as in I tend not to over do it like I would with flower.

I was told it's good to have some CBD flower on hand to reverse a bad reaction if you over do it with the THC.

@Darksidesam and @jasperkent both mentioned dosage which imo is key. Just as from big fat Joint's with added Tobacco. Repetively.

To a one hitter or my vape. Smoking just a fraction of all that Weed I wasted in my youth.

Expectation. Give the THC/ some CBD with preferably some nice terpenes at least 15/ 20 minutes to manifest them selves. Its not Crack or Tobacco.

As for panic less always seems better but as a non anxious person kinda hard to for me to get why some get and some don't.

@Egzoset

Those 4 "reality filters", especially nr. 1 is that reffering to the effect's of Cannabis or as mean's to unlearn panic? 2. only a lab can test for this , some coffeeshop's do it despite it being illegal to test their product. 4. vaping small ammount's with a CBD rich strain come to mind. And 4? Is that "the setting".

Any sugge$tion$ like something that is admistered with needle$??

I stopped smoking flower and switched to hash rosin which I vape. A little goes a long way, and it's easier to dose as in I tend not to over do it like I would with flower.
i've been smoking carts of live resin and the pen i use burns so little for a hit that i was thinking it definitely might be easier for beginners to handle. i was surprised how long one cart will last. i get more hits off a cart compared to what i will get for the price of flower. i'm actually shocked about that. i thought a gram vape pen would last a couple hours, but i spent like 12 hours or more high off a vape pen and only smoked like half a gram. it pretty much adds up to be the equivalent of what i pay for to get flower. it's a pretty good deal imo. i thought i'd be paying a lot for it to be extracted and it'd burn up way quicker. i'm kind of pleased with carts. i heard a lot of people don't like them.