• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed Pills.

Yes, pills work. The way I make mine:

1. Decarb: grind, cover with foil, 225-250 for 30 minutes.
2. Cook in coconut oil with lecithin added 225-250 1-2 hours, also covered in foil.
3. Filter plant junk with mesh strainer, eye dropper into 00 pills, freeze.

They last forever and they work great. Two points:

1. Decarbing is necessary. Weed has THCA in it, which is inactive and useless. This converts slowly to THC at room temp, or quickly via combustion. The majority of weed and hash you buy has some of both, which means if you want to get high without combustion you need to decarb or waste huge amounts to get a buzz. This is SCIENTIFIC FACT, and for the life of me I can't understand why some people are so invested in spreading misinformation about it.

2. Lecithin does wonders for absorption of active chemicals in your body. Lecithin is an emulsifier. It surrounds molecules individually and helps the body to process more cannabinoids. This means you get higher off less material. Lecithin is actually used in many medications for this reason. It's also used in food to mix ingredients that wouldn't normally mix (like oil and water).

1. Decarbing is necessary. Weed has THCA in it, which is inactive and useless. This converts slowly to THC at room temp, or quickly via combustion. The majority of weed and hash you buy has some of both, which means if you want to get high without combustion you need to decarb or waste huge amounts to get a buzz. This is SCIENTIFIC FACT, and for the life of me I can't understand why some people are so invested in spreading misinformation about it.

Probably because it isn't a necessary step even if it makes the product more potent. You will always have people who claim they got high without any deliberate attempt at decarboxylation, because as you said, the majorty of weed people get has both THC and the acid form. I mean surely it was dried atleast enough to make it smokeable before sold to you? You can stick flowers that you chopped off a mature plant one minute ago into a vaporizer and still get high and there is no need for running the vaporizer for half an hour, a couple of minutes should do even though it won't vaporize as easy because of all the water content. The high does feel diminished. What about all the animals that eat living plant leaves and get high (sometimes extremely) to the human observer? I wouldn't say you are wasting huge amounts, but waste is a waste I guess. I do sometimes smoke a joint instead of using the vaporizer even though it's a huge waste of material in my opinion.

What about all the animals that eat living plant leaves and get high (sometimes extremely) to the human observer? .
How about YOU go eat a bunch of raw cannabis and then report back with your findings to tell us how it isn't necessary to decarb your weed.

Part of the reason this is such a controversial subject is because of people like this ^ just love to make assumptions about how decarbing works without doing ANY research.

It's like those times when noone questioned that the earth isn't flat. Some people actually still believe the earth is flat. Some people believe that decarbing isn't necessary.

How about YOU go eat a bunch of raw cannabis and then report back with your findings to tell us how it isn't necessary to decarb your weed.

Part of the reason this is such a controversial subject is because of people like this ^ just love to make assumptions about how decarbing works without doing ANY research.

It's like those times when noone questioned that the earth isn't flat. Some people actually still believe the earth is flat. Some people believe that decarbing isn't necessary.

Don't be ridiculous, I guess you're just missing my point. All I'm saying it isn't necessary in majority of cases to take extra steps for decarboxylation to get high, even if it gets you more high. Most reasonable people use dry material when performing extracts or making cannabutter/oil for rather obvious reasons, like being able to chop the material up finely or not wanting water mixed to their solvent, or simply because that's they way they got it. If it's dry, it has already definately decarboxylated somewhat ergo you do not NEED to take any extra steps even if they are RECOMMENDED and therefore you will get people who claim it's not NECESSARY to perform a deliberate decarboxylation by sticking their weed in the oven or something before doing anything else with it.

Skipping decarboxylation is the equivalent of throwing good weed into the toilet, pissing on it, and flushing.

How much is an average dose for an edible made without decarbing, FnX? I'm willing to bet it's a huge amount.

Once i remember getting some activated hash oil capsules. They got me RIPPED and i passed out aha.

Skipping decarboxylation is the equivalent of throwing good weed into the toilet, pissing on it, and flushing.

How much is an average dose for an edible made without decarbing, FnX? I'm willing to bet it's a huge amount.

That's a bit odd question to me. For general edibles, the actual extraction process is all the decarboxylation you need when preparing butter/coconut oil in my experience, and the edibles are always ridiculously potent. Definately doesn't feell ike a waste. Throw your leaf material / flowers in a pressure cooker with some water and fat of your choice, and fire that pot of pot up. You will most likely also bake said edibles later. Any additional heat treatment prior or later only degrades the product in my experience.

Any oil I have consumed was made from material that was dry/old enough to be ridiculously potent as well without any attempts at decarboxylation. Why is oil that didn't go through any deliberate decarboxylation steps still very potent via vaporization when it's exposed to not that high temperatures for an extremely short amount of time compared to most decarb guides?

Again, I'm not trying to debunk the whole decarboxylation process or anything, just saying it's not that necessary to take any extra steps in a lot of cases. You might have great results even if you didn't know what decarbing is if you just do things the usual way, coming back to my first post in this thread trying to explain why so many people out there scoff at decarbing weed possibly thinking it's a waste of time, in contrast to people who almost religiously say that you have to give all kinds of weed special treatment for it to even be active orally.

You might have great results even if you didn't know what decarbing is if you just do things the usual way,
The only standard you have provided for "the usual way" is for an animal to eat the leaves raw.

So, have you got those results for us yet?

The only standard you have provided for "the usual way" is for an animal to eat the leaves raw.

So, have you got those results for us yet?

So you want to isolate one sentence in my post and focus on it just to have an argument on the internet without even caring what my actual point was? Knock yourself out while checking out guides on youtube "how to make cannabis edibles". That's the usual way I'm talking about, golden fucking standard. I don't think you are this clueless either just venting off your aggression or whatever. And I did provide an example already.

Yes, pills work. The way I make mine:

1. Decarb: grind, cover with foil, 225-250 for 30 minutes.
2. Cook in coconut oil with lecithin added 225-250 1-2 hours, also covered in foil.
3. Filter plant junk with mesh strainer, eye dropper into 00 pills, freeze.

They last forever and they work great. Two points:

2. Lecithin does wonders for absorption of active chemicals in your body. Lecithin is an emulsifier. It surrounds molecules individually and helps the body to process more cannabinoids. This means you get higher off less material. Lecithin is actually used in many medications for this reason. It's also used in food to mix ingredients that wouldn't normally mix (like oil and water).
This is an example of someone describing their standard for making weed pills.

And a rather good one at that imo

This is an example of someone describing their standard for making weed pills.

And a rather good one at that imo

Please do tell me, how is step 1 not incorporated in step 2 already? Even the temperature ranges are exactly the same. You won't destroy your product if you add some extra time while cooking with coconut oil either. Why overcomplicate things?

Please do tell me, how is step 1 not incorporated in step 2 already? Even the temperature ranges are exactly the same. You won't destroy your product if you add some extra time while cooking with coconut oil either. Why overcomplicate things?
Step two is done inside a solution. This creates a near impossible task for keeping temperatures not only accurate but also consistent. You are making at least two guesses during that process as to what the temperature is.

Step one is your control group for the actual decarb process. You have more control over the precise temperature throughout each point of a gram because it's not randomly mixed in with something completely irrelevant to the process that only complicates the matter.

I can honestly see how it would be feasible to professionally work with only Step two IF AND ONLY IF you are cooking for over 8 hours at a much lower temperature than Doldrugs listed, but honestly who has time for that? I did a couple times but not any more that's for sure. That's why I think so many people feel for most of our purposes, decarbing is part of "the usual way".

And scientifically speaking people in this thread are technically right; it's necessary to decarb.

But feel free to ask Doldrugs for his opinion as well I'm sure it's worth listening to.

As far as I know, transferring heat through coconut oil is much more consistent, accurate and efficient than wrapping something up in foil and relying on heat radiation through air in an oven (I'm assuming we are talking about an oven here). Everything you put in the oil would be brought to the same temperature as the oil itself when you start heating them up together. That is science for you. Why would you suddenly need 6 extra hours just by skipping step one, I have no idea.

As far as I know, transferring heat through coconut oil is much more consistent, accurate and efficient
So after you have heat loss transfer rates functions calculated come back to me, k?

So after you have heat loss transfer rates functions calculated come back to me, k?

Could you be more specific? That's not even googleable lol. Stick a candy thermometer in the pot, say hello to precision. Much more precise than your oven alone. It's great when making candy / fudge too which requires very precise control over the temperature mind you.

Could you be more specific? That's not even googleable lol. Stick a candy thermometer in the pot, say hello to precision. Much more precise than your oven alone. It's great when making candy / fudge too which requires very precise control over the temperature mind you.
Your candy thermometer does nothing for consistency or efficiency. Your precision isn't even accurate either because you are only measuring the temperature of the liquid not the pot itself.

thermal conductivity
n
1. (General Physics) a measure of the ability of a substance to conduct heat, determined by the rate of heat flow normally through an area in the substance divided by the area and by minus the component of the temperature gradient in the direction of flow: measured in watts per metre per kelvin. Symbol: λ or k Sometimes shortened to: conductivity

quote freedictionary.com

Last edited:
You have no idea how much THCA is in your weed, dry or not. It could be mostly THCA. Why gamble on a dud edible because you can't be bothered to do a simple extra step? Tons of people complain about how unpredictable edibles are: the majority are not decarbing and using temperatures that are too low. They're predictable if you do it correctly.