• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed Pills.

OGSnaps

Bluelighter
Would THC Oil work in a pill?
Not like dabs, that are hard and you smoke, but oil.
(I've got a way to make these.)=D

Yes as long as the oil is decarboxlyated. Store them in the fridge.why are dabs hard?

^do you not agree with that? Its the classic debate of whether or not THC needs to be "activated" to be ingested orally. Whats not to like about it resurfacing over and over?

Yes as long as the oil is decarboxlyated. Store them in the fridge.why are dabs hard?

I can tell you why dabs are hard for me. Because of my freaking arthritis. Getting some shatter that you've been told is really good and your hands are so frozen that you can't effectively use the stuff without help from another person. When I buy stuff like wax/oil I have to get someone to help load multiple bowls in advance, and I don't always have someone understanding or willing to help.

That could just be me though.

Tom

So yeah, the last couple of times I bought wax, I ended up eating the stuff.

Damn tom I wish the best for you that sounds shitty. Are you in the USA and in a medical state? Have u ever tried medicated hand lotion? I'd be interested to hear results from folks like you suffering from arthritic pain.

Damn tom I wish the best for you that sounds shitty. Are you in the USA and in a medical state? Have u ever tried medicated hand lotion? I'd be interested to hear results from folks like you suffering from arthritic pain.

Canada and medical.

I'll try some medicated lotion on a weekend and report back.

Tom

Yeah that'd be great! I hope it works out. Its obviously not going to get you "high" but the medicinal effects will hopefully provide you with more mobility in your hands.

Decarb, infuse with oil, cap it. Swallow the caps. I did 8 once and was blazed. I really like oral cannabis.

oral use of all drugs has always been my favourite ROA. Even blow.

Check out 'Project Storm', the documentary done by Jeff Ditchfield using oil made from the CBD Crew strains. He placed oil that was either extracted using butane or supercritical CO2 (I can't remember which) into capsules.

If you're sick and using it for nausea and smoking or vaping is out, you could always use cannabis suppositories but if you're just getting high wouldn't go to those lengths.

Personally I like ethanol-extracted oil the best for oral consumption (also referred to as Rick Simpson Oil or Full Extract Cannabis Oil/FECO). It's always decarboxylated during production and has the most complete replication of the original plant material. Also the easiest to make at home if only flowers are available in your area. Once you have this oil it can be easily mixed into a lotion or put into capsules. Check out the movie, "Run From the Cure," which focuses on cancer but also FECO.

Just curious...

How is turning non-active thc-acid into active thc better for ingesting?
I was always under the impression that it just makes the oil more potent.

How is ethanol extracted oil easier to make than butane? With butane its done in one shot, with ethanol it takes allot of time. Is there a new process?
Don't need details just curious.

It's better for ingesting because your body can process it. THC-A is nearly non-psychoactive (or rather, very differently psychoactive than THC).

Well, to SAFELY make hydrocarbon (butane) oil, you need almost $10k in equipment. Ethanol oil can be safely produced for under $500. (Neither counts the cost of cannabis). That, plus the fact that butane is exponentially more dangerous than ethyl alcohol, and the time involved becomes irrelevant.

Plus, the time required is actually the same. Butane is NOT "done in one shot." The initial extraction takes only minutes, but fuck your unpurged garbage oil. Clean medicine goes into a vacuum oven for AT LEAST 60 hours, often more like 110. That vacuum time makes BHO processing equal in time required for delivered to FECO/RSO.

but fuck your unpurged garbage oil

Really? I haven't made oil in years, so what are you talking about? I was more than clear in saying I was curious as to why the statement is true, I am not promoting shit.

You still have not explained at all how decarboxylated hash oil is anymore effective via digestion than untreated oil. Other than its more active, that wasn't my question. It is still not water soluble, so still makes no sense.

I've seen Run From the Cure, Rick Simpson's a great guy, but dude was not making any pharmaceutical grade extract, so you kinda just made no sense in you lumping FECO/RSO together as his oil was not produced to any great standard. He shows his set up, using rice cookers indoors can be just as dangerous as using butane outside. Have fun with YOUR vacuum oven and your FECO matter Bill Nye.

Last edited:
It's the royal you. As in, dumbasses who watched a youtube video and now think they're a chemist.

Use Google. Type in "how decarboxylated hash oil is more effective via digestion".

I get paid to do this kind of consulting, if you're smart enough to be a smartass you're smart enough to read articles on cannabis..

What is or is not "pharmaceutical" is kind of irrelevant. NO ONE should do ANY (flammable solvent) extraction inside, especially patients or caregivers making oil on a small scale.

Really? I haven't made oil in years, so what are you talking about? I was more than clear in saying I was curious as to why the statement is true, I am not promoting shit.

You still have not explained at all how decarboxylated hash oil is anymore effective via digestion than untreated oil. Other than its more active, that wasn't my question. It is still not water soluble, so still makes no sense.

I've seen Run From the Cure, Rick Simpson's a great guy, but dude was not making any pharmaceutical grade extract, so you kinda just made no sense in you lumping FECO/RSO together as his oil was not produced to any great standard. He shows his set up, using rice cookers indoors can be just as dangerous as using butane outside. Have fun with YOUR vacuum oven and your FECO matter Bill Nye.

dude you are really cocky to be so wrong about so much. Sounds like you need to do a bit of research and learning on your own before anyone is going to be able to assist you with that.

Anyways, to OP
I'm on the side the it needs to have been decarboxylated. There are many ways in which you can achieve this, the fastest seems to be popping the material to be processed in the oven first, and then extracting the decarb'ed thc from the plant material and then turning it into an oil. Many methods of extracting thc from the material and turning it into an oil. Once it is in oil form, you want to reduce it as much as possible for more potent capsules. I don't personally make edibles, but a few friends do and this is there basic method from what I understand. Only difference between making edibles and making capsules is that instead of putting the oil into a recipe you reduce it as much as possible and cap it.

and I wouldn't recommend it, but depending on how it was made some dabs might be decarb'ed or probably could be decarb'ed and then put into a capsule. I think atleast.. not totally sure on that one tbh.

I apologize, reading the comment today and I do sound like a total dick.

I wasn't interested enough to do a search as I am not apart of that scene anymore, I find the advancements in preparations since legalization interesting though.

I always thought decarboxylation was a standard rule, but I still have yet to find why it would be anymore effective when the roa is ingestion, I did research it today there is nothing, other than it would be ultimately more potent.

Making edible oil (cooking oil+ hash oil) would be even more potent though as it would be better absorbed and more effective, and you can cap it up.

Again sorry for being a dick.

Yeah I Seem to Not Be Able to Find Anymore on Information on the How it makes it more Potent than "You Eat it and your Brain goes YIPPY!" Basically As Scientific as Anyone Cares to Figure it Out. I Guess because it is Not Needed to Find Out For Any Other Reason Besides Satisfying A Few Intelligent people's Curious Minds.

From what I understand, when in plant form there is an extra carbon attached to the THC. I'm not sure how that effects bioavailability, but even if it were to cross the blood brain barrier it would not be able to bond to the receptors and perform the same function as it would if it were removed of the extra carbon.