• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

weed gives me EXTREMELY weird thoughts?!

m00nlight

Greenlighter
I used to smoke weed every day no problem.
All of a sudden abooout lets say 9 months ago, shit got weird. I would smoke and be, like, in a completely different reality. Weed seriously started tripping me out more than any other drug I've done. When I smoke I get these weird, intrusive thoughts about random things and I feel super self conscious and disgusted with everything. Like, If im stoned and someone is talking to me, I'll get really weirded out and embarassed and start thinking all sorts of weird shit. Honestly, I find it difficult to even describe. And then I'll just wanna lay down and I get super fatigued and start hating everything and I get really irritated. It almost completely changes my perception on life but in a bad way. And it makes everything seem super fake and I get extremely insecure and self conscious to the point where I cant look someone in the eye or talk to them and NOTHING snaps me out of it. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Is there any way to fix it? I live in California where everyone smokes and totally enjoys it and I miss it so much:(

In my opinion, this is probably anxiety that you are experiencing. When I first started smoking it gave me horrible anxiety and I just wanted to isolate myself from any social interactions. Even now (I've been smoking for many years) I get anxiety, especially if the quality is good. What helps the most for me is taking .5 gms of xanax before I smoke. It let's me enjoy my high without all of the paranoia. It does tend to make me a little sleepy, so I would avoid the combo if you are going to be doing anything productive. But what's the point of smoking and then doing anything besides relaxing and eating those pizza rolls in the freezer, right? Haha.

Also, xanax is addicting. Please be cautious when using. Use in moderation. And just like most things, you can develop a tolerance to it quickly. Being a beginning user .5mgs will be plenty if you are just trying to take the edge off. Anymore and you will most likely just pass out or be extremly tired.

Another thing, if xanax is not available for you, or you are uncomfortable using it, reduce the amount of herb you are using. Everyone is different, so just because your friend is barely buzzing off of 4 hits doesn't mean that you are going to be experiencing the same effects.

I actually used to abuse xanax and got super irresponsible with it hah.

I'm a pill addict and an alcoholic so I try hard not to use anymore...I do love xanax but had to kick the habit after some bad runs with it lol. But yeah that would totally work if I was responsible haha.

I completely understand. Maybe look into herbal remedies for anxiety :) it might not be as effective as xanax, but it might help with those feelings.

You may just be smoking too much for your tolerance....or cannabis could just be not for you anymore as happens to some people, even after smoking without problems for a long time. Not saying that's necessarily the case for you just throwing it out there. I would cut back or take a break if I were you and see if it gets better.

try meditation. talk to your doctor about it.

for me if I stop the first few times I smoke again the anxiety is the worst. but I am mentally disabled.

Last edited:
oh that makes sense...I struggle with severe mental illness so that could be a possibility. And I've taken so many tolerance breaks and even when I had a super high tolerance it still happens. I guess I can't enjoy cannabis anymore:'(

It happens sometimes to me too, the same thing you describe, specially with some sativas, strong strains and hash. It make me feel self conscious too and when this happens to me, I don't like keep eye contact so much and I become numb, it's a weird thing. I stopped the habit a time ago for a few weeks or months, but now I'm smoking again, in low doses and only sometimes. If I go with friends I prefer smoke polem extraction or a indica, and don't smoke so much.

I have anxiety sometimes, and when I smoke a strong sativa or hash of the street, I feel anxious when I smoke till the half of the joint. The solution that I have is smoke only indica or polem extraction, and like I said in low quantities, nothing of a few joints with the friends to end with a brain fog sense, numb or super self concious. I had depersonalization at beginning of the year after a couple of months in a treatment with Suboxone and I developed social anxiety in that time too, before of that I don't had problems with smoke. Now I'm better and done with Suboxone 3 months ago, but I need have these things in mind to don't have a bad time when I smoke with friends.

About the bad vision that cannabis give you, you have depression or depresive symptoms? Like many people say, generally cannabis potential the mental state that you have when you smoke. Try with indicas and smoke not much, and if the problem doesn't improve then the better thing you can do is take a break.

Sometimes I will quit the weed and start back on meth.

If you think your weed thoughts are weird, then the meth thoughts make the weed thoughts rather normal. Relatively speaking that is.

on meth and every other drug Ive done, I dont get as weird thoughts. Weed just makes me think of some crazy shit for whatever reason.

I think its just what weed does when you smoke heavily everyday for a long time. I've been researching this topic a lot lately (check out the marijuana and depression thread in the FAQs in this sub forum)

I don't have the weirdness like you....but I get extremely negative and hopeless about life when i'm smoking everyday. when i stop blazing my outlook becomes more positive

I'm sorry you are experiencing this. It sounds like you really love weed. I can relate as well. I had a similar experience and it was related to mental health problems. I quit for a number of years until I could (very surprisingly) enjoy it again.

It sounds like typical weed side effects for someone having an uncomfortable reaction, like paranoia etc, and you probably have strong herb. It doesn't mean that you can never smoke again in the future but I think your body is trying to tell you something.

Take a break. My experience with weed is that it's a drug always dependent on YOU. So if you don't like smoking it right now I would accept and consider those weird thoughts or feelings you're having. Work through them. But don't be smoking every day right now. I no longer enjoyed weed at a time because of negative thoughts and feelings. I stopped smoking for a few months and when I came back to smoking weed it was great. The first high was euphoric and I smoked for a week straight and was very productive.

have you tried edibles, The high is different than smoking so you might get a different result.

CBD rich weed strains, combining weed with oral CBD, or just using weaker and more indica dominant strains mostly fixed this for me. it was an anxiety loop and now I'm out of it I can smoke 'skunky' potent weed again without panicking, though I still prefer the high from THC+CBD combined

I felt the same anxiety with everyone when im among ordinary people let me tell you these are their feelings for themselfs but they are ignoring em cause they benefit from the train behind their back ,some o the ppl around us carry worms some are trash and trash gets you really down when they are around trashes suck your dick like a fuckin vacuum cause they are down for a reason trashes yse demons who love negative energy and they allow the demons thoughts to go tru dem by the low vibration of trash mutual benefit anxiety is not normal that way everyone stays on vibration fear playin bos while their smarter bosses use all o that cause they are smarter ...so i meant to say that weed ggets you to be more feminine vulnerable like a pussy your consciousness is moving acording to vibes around to be in synchron is its state and that i believe is the reason at least for me in some situations ,when i isolate myself i only feel cool more dreamy after some weed like ibplay league of legends bein high feel no anxiety anxiety is being stuck its a lack of movement like in most ordinary people who arent self conscious

CBD rich weed strains, combining weed with oral CBD, or just using weaker and more indica dominant strains mostly fixed this for me. it was an anxiety loop and now I'm out of it I can smoke 'skunky' potent weed again without panicking, though I still prefer the high from THC+CBD combined

Obviously you must live in an area where weed is decriminalized to have this kind of access to these strains and CBD right??

Where do you live if you don't mind my asking?? (ignore me if the question bothers you)

I'd LOVE to be able to access these strains as weed CAN make me negative (not nearly as much as the OD though).

For me, combining it with alcohol and or Phenibut and or Kratom (lets HOPE Kratom stays legal but it probably won't...) have all made the experience great.

In particular, drinking while on weed is the standby solution.

If I'm really drunk I almost CANNOT experience anxiety or depression when I'm high.

But then again, as far as the OP is concerned:,if you were an alcoholic and benzo addict than neither alcohol or Phenibut is a good idea, and in 2 months we'll be lucky if Kratom is still legal...