• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

weed flavors (merged)

me and a few friends used to get weed of different people and mix it all up in a lung/bucket. fukin great :D

Taste is one of dank weed's best qualities. I've smoked Orange Krush, Blueberry Haze, Chocolate Chunk, and numerous other strains with interesting, beautiful tastes.

MedMJConnoisseur - Agree you do taste it better with a vapouriser, i really enjoy it but you just dont get that desirable burn as with a bong. Im not trying to rip on you, very curious: have many of the flavour's been isolated? What sort chemistry are they? It would be quite cool if you could grow Big Bud then change the flavour and add hash oil.

Has anyone heard of a headshop selling favoured seeds or seeds that are supposed to produce flavoured weed?

Australia doesnt have strains let alone flavours.... We suck at this dont we?

Im not trying to rip on you, very curious: have many of the flavour's been isolated? What sort chemistry are they?

Terpenes are the things that flavour cannabis, over more than 140 terpenes have been isolated in cannabis, but you'll only get about ~40 different ones in a single plant. So you can imagine that the variation is almost endless.

Take limonene for example. One of the most abundant terpenes in weed, you guessed it, it smells like lemons.. And so on and so on.

Here's an excerpt from chapter 2 of "Marijuana and the cannabinoids", it describes the most abundant terpenes in a couple of EU strains:
In the essential oil of five different European Cannabis cultivars, the dominating terpenes were myrcene (21.1–35.0%), α -pinene (7.2–14.6%), α -terpinolene (7.0–16.6%), trans-caryophyllene (12.2.–18.9%), and α -humulene (6.1–8.7%; ref. 33). The main differences between the cultivars were found in the contents of α -terpinolene and α -pinene. Other terpenoids present only in traces are sabinene, α -terpinene, 1,8-cineole (eucalyptol), pulegone, γ -terpinene, terpineol-4-ol, bornyl acetate, α -copaene, alloaromadendrene, viridiflorene, β -bisabolene, γ -cadinene, trans-β -farnesene, trans-nerolidol, and β -bisabolol (29,32,34).

I didn't really read any of the replies, but, last time I had Jack Flash, it tasted like very good spaghetti.