• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

weed flavors (merged)

FearandLothing420 said:
orange crush tasting the orange crush and blueberry tasting the blueberry is all in your mind. the weed is not named after its taste but its looks.

No, many kinds of weed are named after the way they taste, at least in California, and one way to fruit-flavor bud is to partially replace water with fruit juice while it's growing. I've had Blueberry and Blackberry strains that did not look like either fruit, but tasted like them.

I do agree that 'Orange Crush' usually seems to denote color other than flavor, but flavored strains are extremely popular in California. Recently I've seen Mango. Doesn't look like a mango, tastes like it.

Fruit-flavored kief is the best.

And speaking of strange flavors, one time I bought some outdoor organic Alaskan pot and it tasted like bacon.

love
mettray

dude you guys need to go to www.overgrow.com

lots of false information in this thread.

unless you are getting clones from the same exact mother plant, even plants of the same strain from the same pack of seeds will smell, taste, grow, and look different.

for a forum with so many intelligent people i find this mind boggling that you all do not know the basics of weed....by far one of the easiest drugs to produce.

actually ^^^^ i think you need to go to overgrow, and re-read.

You can replace water with fruit juice to get a different taste. There are multiple threads on this at overgrow.

I am on overgrow, I have been there for a while

ktx49 said:
unless you are getting clones from the same exact mother plant, even plants of the same strain from the same pack of seeds will smell, taste, grow, and look different.

Yeah, you are partially right. If you're having an inbred strain, it will produce much more consistent plants as say, a BOG plant.. Only if strains aren't inbred, they grow, look, smell and taste different due to the different terpenes in the plants, it's the stuff that produces the variety in effects in plants and people..

i smoked some Jesus Weed last week and i ACTUALLY SAW JESUS IN THE WEED.

i dont know about steak and potato flavored weed...lol
i don't know if i'd want my weed to taste like my dinner.

i usually....jsut smoke my weed.
i think we had blueberry once.
MAYBE it tasted like blueberry...?lol

Lamer said:
My favourite and personally I think the most accurate of the weed flavours I've managed to purchase was last summer some weed identified to me as Tutti Frutti smelt and tasted JUST like tutti frutti, it was nice weed.

i had some stuff called tutti frutti once, it smelled like it but didnt taste liek it to me. but then again i cant really differentiate to well. but i do know that it was some of the best weed i'd had in like months. it got me sooooooo high

the majority of all this "flavored" weed you're getting is probably sprayed with something. I've seen this soo many times, some shitty ass mids sprayed with some fruity smelling shit. ("Yo, this is that watermelon, this shit is nice") I will say that I had some blueberry that tasted distinctly like blueberry muffins, but I'm afraid you're probably getting ripped off.

soma420, your right. Or storing orange peels with the weed to keep it fresh will make it smell and taste like weed. Unless you know a grower it probably is altered. I know the shit i smoke it DJ shorts Blueberry :)

My roommate was at a party this past weekend and he smoked some herb that he said tasted like steak. Wish I could have been there to see what the deal was, he doesn't know anthing about buds.

I don't see why everyone gets so excited about flavored buds. Pot tastes fabulous already, I don't want to smoke steaks! :)

blueberry is definitely some fruity ass weed that reminds me of something blue for some reason....thats why i think it was named blueberry
.....cant be beat for taste (unless you've had the purps...anyone else lucky enough to smoke this fine-wine of marijuana? skunky, earthy, fruity, piney all rolled up into a blast of taste and potency)

the first time i smoked was chocolate flavored stuff. it actually tasted somewhat chocolate-y but when i blew it out my friend said it smelled like willy wonka's weed.... haha

It's funny you asked that...

We recently got some exotics called "Gunman" (probably just some BS name the dealer made up), and I swear to god it tastes like a Sausage McGriddle. Everyone else who has smoked it agrees. Who knows. It was really good though, regardless of odd flavoring.

A word to the wise from experience: Funky flavors can come from "tabacco enchancers" or flavoring, which is basically a liquid that you drop onto weed which makes it smell or taste like whatever flavor you choose. I've know people who have bought mids that smelled like Blueberry Kush, but the next day the flavor dried up and the weed was .3grams lighter PER GRAM!!

I have smoked some mids before that tasted like potatoes one time lol. Most likely from storing not the genetics lol.

I fully agree... to anyone who thinks that blueberry, and lemonskunk, and bubblegum etc. don't taste like the name, who ever grew it either didn't give it curing time, or grew it in a fashion that doesn't help bring out the flavor, or your not vaporizing, which will make you less likely to taste it, that being said, if it's grown right, you should be able to taste it in a joint or a bowl just not quite as strong as when you vaporize. I believe organically grown marijuana is the best for bringing out the natural organic esters, and oils that are responsible for the flavors and smells of marijuana.

The #1 THING YOU CAN DO TO TASTE YOUR BUD BETTER, IS TO BUY A VOLCANO OR A VAPOR BROS. VAPORIZER ( I say those two brands because they are the best, and the safest to my knowledge).

one time i had some herb that tasted exactly like lemon skittles or spree's

i wish i could find it again, every time i eat those two candy's i start reminiscing about that herb.

I have once had bud that tasted exactly like lemon Skittles, and once had bud that tasted like slightly like Cocoa Puffs. But normally, bud only has a few flavors/smells. Piney, skunky, and minty are the most common. Occasionally you get the cat-piss-esque smell, but it's less common. Flavors vary a lot. I LOVE a good skunky taste. Mmmmmmm!

EDIT: HOLY SHIT! Didn't read the guy's post above me, but he had lemon Skittle bud, too! Small world.