• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed and alcohol

lol the first time i ever mixed weed and alcohol was at school, left school during lunch, smoked a dubee and kicked back 2 40's at a friends house. not the most enjoyable thing to go through during school.

i always drink when i smoke because of anxiety/paranoia (i'm not a herb lover at all.) i enjoy smoking when i'm drunk or semi-drunk though.

It's quite the opposite for me. I find that if I smoke and drink at the same time, I get really drowsy and can't really handle it. Smoking alone, recently, does that to me by itself anyway. I'm not sure why. But I know plenty of people who have the same effect as you with doing both and them on their own!

I think in OPs case shes not used to the strength of todays "who can get the highest THC% strains'' that has been adopted by the culture over the last few years. Higher THC can easily equal more anxiety, which in turn is neutrilized by alcohol in many cases. I know my social anxiety is diminished quite substantially when Ive had a few drinks, especially if Im real high off some stupefying Kush strains.

I dont really feel like THC intensifies alcohol or either way around, Ive done them both in conjunction or by themselves thousands of times. I know for damn sure I want to get high more frequently/with more urgency when Ive been drinking versus being straight though. I jones for weed when Im drinking if I dont have it.

Last edited:
^i hate how powerful herb is now compared to when i started blazing 13 years ago.

^ I know a lot of people who would agree with that. On the other hand, you have tons of people like me who say "man I hated back in the day when all we had was that weak, seeded pot."

I noticed some of the weed at clinics is actually still low strength, like the prerolled joints they hand out that are mostly leaf matter, or a lot of the stuff on the $5 shelves at the cheap shops. Im sure you guys who hate the strength of todays weed would love that mellow stuff. I worked with an old man who would only smoke the cheap shit and he was beyond words happy to find weed he could smoke again. Shitty brick and stress weed virtually disappeared here in CA with the emergence of the medical scene, and poor guys like him dont even want to light up anymore because the high just send them to anxietyville..

^i was smoking dank back in the day, i've always hated seeded shit, but dank 13 years ago wasn't as strong.

White Widow and Orange Crush were around 13 years ago right? I smoked some properly grown Widow recently that was fucking killer. Absolutely hung with the big boys of today, even almost in potency. Orange Crush is another old time strain Ive seen recently that knocked my socks off. Plenty of the same strains that were going around back then are still around and strong enough to kick it with the new stuff.

I wonder how you smoked the "dank" 13 years ago and now all of the sudden when you smoke dank you dont like it. I imagine 13 years ago was the heyday of your weed smoking and your tolerance allowed you to handle it back then so you enjoyed it. Or something like that. Even these 25% THC strains arent THAT mindblowing, Id take that killer Widow over one of todays super kushes if the taste was better (last Widow I had was grown so fuckin properly... Lip smacking good).

to be fair i started getting some anxiety from weed that i didn't have back in the day which i can't necessarily blame on potency, i might've just outgrown/stopped liking herb (unless i'm drinking.)

I dont understand your post. You started getting anxiety from weed you didnt have? I think you left out a word.

I never once experienced anxiety from weed until I did 6 months sober. Now I get anxiety from weed everytime. The higher your tolerance, the easier it is to deal with though IMO.

Me too. When you do toke, do you only do it when youre already drunk, and youre craving weed? Or do you want to get high when youre sober, and smoke when you realize alcohol will be an effective tool for the anxiety?

I find this thread pretty interesting. Personally I like to have a little booze in me if Im stoned and I know Ill be in a social setting. Without weed I can handle the social situations much more easily mentally, but I crave weed like a mf the more I drink. Id even go so far as to say, it ruins my alcohol buzz eventually without weed because at some point Ill become more focused on finding weed than sitting around being enjoyable. But I dont run out of weed often...

^na if i know people will be blazing i grab a couple 40s with the intention of doing the combo. (if you're not american a 40 is a 1182.94ml bottle of beer.)

I don't particularly like this combination, as it tends to make me pretty nauseous. Probably because I barely drink in general. Even when I'm sober I don't really like alcohol, aside from some social drinking on occasion.

Though when I was smoking all day every day, I would mix small amounts of alcohol with lots of weed and not get any nausea.

I consume both drugs in somewhat large quantities regularly, and I like the combo, but to be honest, you gotta find a balance to feel really good on the combo, or you just feel "fucked up" but not particularly good.

I hate being drunk and haven't drank a drop since i graduated (like 10 years ago). With that said I have smoked while drunk on many occasions, but the alcohol always seemed to completely overshadow any effects from the weed. Id smoke more and more hoping to get high but instead just end up getting the spins then getting sick and passing out. Its like the weed amplified the negative affects of the alcohol without providing anything positive.