• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed and alcohol

Mandy303

Greenlighter
Ok, so I started smoking weed again after about 8years and now it's not just weed, you have all these fancy types. So I've smoked white rhino, sliver haze and now I'm in to Armageddon. The experience I've had though is smoking weed by itself isn't as enjoyable as when smoking and drinking alcohol. The highs I've had we're quite harsh and paranoia driven, but when drinking alcohol the high is intensified and much more enjoyable.

Are you guys of the same opinion?

I'm the same way, weed by itself makes me drowsy but with a few drinks it makes me a really fun time, especially at clubs. Hotbox in the car before you go in. ;)

I enjoy weed by itself, but I'm a daily smoker so I don't experience the paranoia and the, "Oh shit I'm way too high right now," feeling anymore. I almost never drink alcohol without the accompaniment of weed. Do you ever experience blackout periods when you combine the two?

For a long time I was dependent on this combo for sleep... be careful with this one. It can become much more of a habit for some then just cannabis alone. But yeah, I usually like to have a beer or two when I smoke. However, I have cut back on this quite a bit.

Also, when I was using lots of other things or drinking heavily I noticed that weed didn't agree with me unless I had alcohol in my system. Know that I am older and have cut back I do not really get anxious with cannabis.

Yea I hear where your coming from with the sleep thing. I have real trouble sleeping normally and since I've been taking, one j after work and then one before bed I'm not really into the high, but the relaxation is immense. I just melt into the bed and sleep for ages. I guess it's a sort of self medicate when I talk about it like that laugh out laugh out loud :-D

ive vey never blacked out from the two but I'm taking it easy on the weed front, it's a fine line between feeling good and feeling car sick! For me at least.

I prefer a different sort of high.

after years of trying to acclimate to alcohol and bud combos, i have given up. the combo always causes frustrating urinary retention, urinary frequency (not the normal kind you get with alcohol) and overall downhill cycle of spins, unbearable munchies that are never fulfilled and a 2x hang over. I love bud so much that i just decided to quit drinking almost all together. a beer or two for a special social occasion a month is fine, but then ill save the bud for later that night.

Yea I hear where your coming from with the sleep thing. I have real trouble sleeping normally and since I've been taking, one j after work and then one before bed I'm not really into the high, but the relaxation is immense. I just melt into the bed and sleep for ages. I guess it's a sort of self medicate when I talk about it like that laugh out laugh out loud :-D

ive vey never blacked out from the two but I'm taking it easy on the weed front, it's a fine line between feeling good and feeling car sick! For me at least.

I prefer a different sort of high.

Totally. The thing that is so tempting about it is that it really only takes a puff or two and 1-3ish beers to be really relaxed. The next day effects are pretty mild if any are present... especially if you are younger. This was a daily thing for me from about 18-24ish.

I hardly ever get negative effects from the combo, but if I have drank a little too much and then I smoke some flowers I am usually very tired. Like knocked out going to sleep on the couch tired.

Still I find my favorite combo of all time is a hit or two of high quality flower or a dab+ a good hoppy craft beer or two, preferably at the brewpub sitting outside.

NewGlarusBrewery.jpg

One of my favorites.

9/10 times I wont drink alcohol unless I have some mj around to settle my stomach. My first few attempts at this lead to the spins especially after adding tobacco but now I can smoke,drink and smoke tobacco with zero problems. Alcohol kills any anxiety you might get from weed and makes it easier to just enjoy yourself without over analyzing to the point of paranoia. I only have a beer or two over the course of the night though as mj is the main course, alcy the side dish and tobacco the desert.

Alcohol kills any anxiety you might get from weed and makes it easier to just enjoy yourself without over analyzing to the point of paranoia.

This is true, but only up to a point. If I'm moderately buzzed on alcohol and then decide to smoke some weed, I can expect some acute psychosis soon afterward. Hearing voices, seeing things, extreme paranoia... I've actually left the house at 12:00 midnight, crawling through melting snow and mud to avoid all the spy cameras that weren't there.

The alcohol + cannabis combo breaks my mind easily... much worse than anything else :|

I Prefer just cannabis but am drunk and high ? So it's up to you.

It's all your mind. You can be paranoid sober. Learn to grow past it.

the problem with alcohol for me is that it takes away from the high - the experience of getting high off of just weed after a day of being sober is right up there with the best feelings I've known...for me though, the alcohol's just another expense, and I don't like the side-effects of alcohol - the hangovers and all the other shit. Weed alone is what's up - I've experimented enough with combinations on it to be sort of apathetic about this type of discussion, though, admittedly, peace

but when I do drink, I feel an instinctive need to smoke a bowl to top off the experience...just not the other way around with weed

I don't really like drinking when i smoke, since i feel like it kinda buries the high if i get drunk. Unless, ofcourse, i'm stoned as fuck, but then if a drink a little more, i get the same feeling again.

When i go to clubs/parties/whatever, i always figure out first, what i want to do, and if i decide to smoke, i can still drink abit (as long as i don't get drunk, else it's wasted weed for me), and if i decide to drink, i don't smoke at all, since i start to feel mentally bad, and sometimes physically bad (feeling like i have to puke fx)

If I smoke first and then have a few beers I find it very relaxing. If I have too many beers and then smoke, it never turns out good. Usually end up puking.

Ill just reiterate, I don't like getting drunk and smoking, just having a few beers and a couple of jays. I think the two in those quantitys compliment each other very well.

To the guy who was crawling through mud and snow to avoid the spy cameras (I'm on my phone so can't scroll up easily) wtf r u smoking (to coin a phrase!) I'm obviously doing it wrong - not that I want to experience that, but that's a whole nuther level.... I just want to relax, no completely lose my mind lol there's other drugs for that. I think everyone has a favourite drug and ill be honest mine isn't weed. However, it is nice to relax with.

To the guy who was crawling through mud and snow to avoid the spy cameras (I'm on my phone so can't scroll up easily) wtf r u smoking (to coin a phrase!) I'm obviously doing it wrong - not that I want to experience that, but that's a whole nuther level.... I just want to relax, no completely lose my mind lol there's other drugs for that.

That would be me.

Lets see... I was smoking either Purple Urkle (sp?) or Chem Dawg back then. I smoked a single, large hit after having several screwdrivers (vodka & juice), and was fairly tipsy (close to being full-on drunk) at the time.

I am in agreement with those who prefer a couple drinks after smoking weed. Drinking first really increases the chances of having a bad experience IME.

If I smoke first and then have a few beers I find it very relaxing. If I have too many beers and then smoke, it never turns out good. Usually end up puking.

Second and thirded. I've finally decided that, when I'm drunk, I end up swallowing the smoke (blunts only, for some reason) instead of inhaling it. Straight to my stomach.

I always thought it was weird when I'd earl and exhale/cough/spew out smoke at the same time.

Not to be like anti-HR or anything but I always preferred a Xanax bar or a 30mg Roxicet (neither all at once, though... break 'em both into quarters and eat 'em throughout an hour or three... also never together) to go with my weed high. It's kind of like the bud is just a normal thing I do, but when I'm with those kinds of pills I'm getting fuckin' high. I don't go all-out with that shit so when I do get a hold of some it's like some hospital sedation bullshit for me, man, fuckin' lovely...

after having several screwdrivers (vodka & juice)

Gin and juice is better. :sus:

I've started getting this Welch's orange, apple, pineapple juice for that shit instead of regular OJ. It's delicious, man, if gin is your thing.

Last edited:
Gin and juice is better. :sus:

I've started getting this Welch's orange, apple, pineapple juice for that shit instead of regular OJ. It's delicious, man, if gin is your thing.

Actually, I've come to realize that alcohol just isn't my thing. Too many negative side effects. But I'll admit, gin tastes great :)

In my personal opinion and experience, it's not the alcohol that's intensifying your high, it's your high intensifying the effects that alcohol has on you.

I've had a lot of experience with this, I'm a heavy drinker and I smoke all day, daily. My drinking habit started a few years ago when my girl stopped smoking with me after she smoked some prescriptions with me (Golden Goat, it was insane). She took one hit and lost her mind, hyperventilating, crying, scared as fuck thought she was dying. She completely stopped smoking and so we started drinking at nights. It started out that I'd smoke before we drank and then after I'd feel pretty drunk, I'd smoke a bowl and I'd be fucked up for the rest of the night. It's take my drunkeness to a whole new level. And when I smoked, I'd be done drinking for the night and fall asleep wasted.

As far as the side effects go, I've only gotten the drunken smoking spins when I was a kid in high school. Some of the worst spins I've ever had. Anyways, that shit don't happen anymore and never really did since high school. But I've got a very high tolerance to both weed and alcohol, been smoking all day, everyday for years and years. I've been heavy drinking for about 2 years now.

But I will say, when I'm gettin low on alch or I've got a good buzz Rollin, I'll smoke some and it gets me to a good place.

My 2 cents.

If smoke first, then I can't drink. I just don't feel like it.

If I drink first, and then smoke, I have to be really careful, and take really small tokes. Or the effects can be unpredictable. It caught me off my guard a lot of times, ending up the vomiting or laying on the toilet's ground with my head spinning like hell.

That's why I try to avoid smoking at parties. Unless it's with close friends only.

Also, if drink then smoke, the paranoïa is not present.