• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed and alcohol

One of alcohol's positive effects is anti-anxiety
One of marijuana's negative effects is anxiety.

Combine this with caffeine or nicotine at just the right amount to counteract the depressing effects of the two and you have an unbelievable combination, with the right mindset you can achieve highs similar to much harder drugs, even an almost psychedelic state of euphoria and ego/soul bonding (from my personal experience, everyone's body chem is different)

My insomnia is so bad from jumping off 3mgs of sub even a pint and a half of peppermint snapps(90 proof) and 1-2 grams of good god why did i smoke that herb cant make me sleep longer than 2 hours....reblazing makes me all the way not go back to sleep..seems when im stoned want to enjoy it so sleep is out of question....and as was stated ive got anxiety only 2 times in 10 years of smoking the very first and after i didnt smoke for maybe a year...so im chalking up to no tolerance for sure.

My insomnia is so bad from jumping off 3mgs of sub even a pint and a half of peppermint snapps(90 proof) and 1-2 grams of good god why did i smoke that herb cant make me sleep longer than 2 hours....reblazing makes me all the way not go back to sleep..seems when im stoned want to enjoy it so sleep is out of question....and as was stated ive got anxiety only 2 times in 10 years of smoking the very first and after i didnt smoke for maybe a year...so im chalking up to no tolerance for sure.

Yikes, that has to be tough. To be honest, the sleep "benefits" of this combo wane overtime with over use. I remember about 10-15 years ago, some B to A grade bud and a 2 craft beers would have me out at night, like deep deep sleep. Problem is, I have always had sleep issues so I became dependent on this combo for sleep for years (seriously). It eventually lost its effectiveness for a long time and now the problem was that if I didn't have a beer and a few tokes then sleep was out of the question. Now, I do not drink or toke as much (though I have been puffing quite a lot recently) and it helps with sleep somewhat but still not the same.

Anyways, when I got off sub it was off a really low dose off a 10 month taper and I had a lot of trouble sleeping. To be honest, I would have been flipping out if I smoked weed during my sub taper. I'd have a beer once and awhile but that was it.

Yea phactor...jumping from 3 mgs was hard...but had no choice..its been hell but everyday is better. I did at least start taking my 3 mg dose every 2 days for around a month..but cannabis has at least kept me halfway sain, under the circumstances.

Sorry, I will go back and read this thread later so this might not relate but...

I always like drinking before smoking, especially red wine.

I have anxiety and the best results for me come from toking after being drunk, especially on red vino.

Just my 2 cents and my particular brain chemistry.