• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Wax/Dabs vs. Smoking Weed?

BrianXx

Greenlighter
Just wanted to open up a discussion about this. What is your favorite? Dabs or weed? i know each has its place and what not. I personally prefer weed,just because its what i started with and i just like to roll up a nice blunt or joint and smoke it. I love dabs too but i would have to say weed tops it. it isnt necessarily a worse/less high to me, just a little different. What do y'all think?

Shatter and wax is awful for you. I live in colorado native. Dabbing is so concentrated once you start smoking flower will not do shit for you. I.smoked pot daily.for ten years. After I dabbed 4 times flower was never the same. Dabs destroy your appreciation for pot. I also watched 4 of my good friends who smoked pot for years like me never changed personalities never changed really,.all four started dabbing. Rapidly after 2-4 months they started to change got quiet anti social really boring and not fun. I personally.dabbed maybe 5 times after the 30 min high wears off your mind is completely empty. I was like boring as shit and blank hates it. Trust me. dabbing is way tooconcentrated, the process of creating wax or shatter can explode if done improperly the same as me thx never a good sign. Wax is extremely too potent to where it frys brains at a rapid rate, trust me witnessed in 4 of my close friends. And I'm a colorado native, dabbing is huge here.

Shatter and wax is awful for you. I live in colorado native. Dabbing is so concentrated once you start smoking flower will not do shit for you. I.smoked pot daily.for ten years. After I dabbed 4 times flower was never the same. Dabs destroy your appreciation for pot. I also watched 4 of my good friends who smoked pot for years like me never changed personalities never changed really,.all four started dabbing. Rapidly after 2-4 months they started to change got quiet anti social really boring and not fun. I personally.dabbed maybe 5 times after the 30 min high wears off your mind is completely empty. I was like boring as shit and blank hates it. Trust me. dabbing is way tooconcentrated, the process of creating wax or shatter can explode if done improperly the same as me thx never a good sign. Wax is extremely too potent to where it frys brains at a rapid rate, trust me witnessed in 4 of my close friends. And I'm a colorado native, dabbing is huge here.

damn that crazy. yeah the wax here really isnt tht great. i wouldnt really want to smoke wax so much that weed doesnt even get me high, that would suck. ill just stick to smoking a few g's a day. wax is crazy expensive here too so i have many also just smoking weed. and my friend dabs a lot, and he is not the same as he was when he just smoked weed, insane what that concentrated of shit can do.

6 year dabber here. Can and do get cheap clean oil on the reg.

I also prefer to smoke flower everyday as well.

If I had to pick one, I would probably go with flower. It's very close though. I like smoking flower about 51% of the time and dabs about 49%.

Yup your friend just like mine I mentioned, dabbing destroys our brains at an alarming rate. It is way too concentrated, completely immesculates any strain of flower..and destroys a human one rig at a time

The only time I take dabs nowadays is when I go over to my dealer's house. He blasts oil and vapes a lot of it as well.

I don't know, I've done a decent amount of dabs over my "career" but I still appreciate smoking the flowers. In fact it's still what I predominantly consume, despite having dabbed on many occasions. Shatter is good as an occasional thing but I still love the rich smoke of cannabis, with the amazing flavor & more "balanced" high. :)

I really am all about hash nowadays, but I tend to disagree that it ruins flowers.

They both feel different to me, and while I predominately dab, I still enjoy smoking flowers every once in awhile maybe once or twice a week. The highs feel completely different to me and when I go back to smoking weed it feels more full spectrum. I know there's a lot of people that are going to disagree with this but different strokes for different folks. Enjoy what you enjoy. I enjoy it all :)

Yup your friend just like mine I mentioned, dabbing destroys our brains at an alarming rate. It is way too concentrated, completely immesculates any strain of flower..and destroys a human one rig at a time

Wow, sounds like your casting some heavy judgements on your friends and worse yet on people you don't even know...

Can you explain to me and anyone else who is reading as to why and how dabs are more neurotoxic than taking 5-10 fat bong loads in a row, or are you just assuming based on narrow logic that because they are stronger they must be dangerous.. i mean it sounds a bit like uninformed scaremongering.

I'm not here to try and say that dabs are harmless, or that smoking weed is harmless either. It all has consequence and side effects that are directly related to intake. The more you consume, the more you will experience these side effects. Now some of this is subjective being that every individual is different and will experience it uniquely, but largely, we all experience the same general effects and side effects which is greater with the heavier use. It's way easier to consume 100mg of THC via concentrates, not just butane extractions, than it would be to say smoking low grade weed. Does that mean that low grade weed is therefore safer and healthier than smoking concentrate... I really don't think so. Maybe you could say concentrates have higher potential for abuse, but the statement "it's destroying our brains at an alarming rate" seems to lack general understanding of psychology and even the nature of cannabis itself.

I mean, really, do you think if I smoke 6 dabs in an hour or continuously smoke joints that at the end of the hour my brain will be worse off from dabbing

I personally love the occasional dab. I have a friend who dabs to excess but will smoke joint while watching movies with me when I come by. The arrangement is nice because i get a small amount of dabs for cheap and smoke it only through his E-nail. This means i can smoke weed, only weed as a former junkie, and still feel like there is something different about it. It makes "going out to smoke with my friend" more of a unique experience then just smoking weed. That and he actively seeks out different forms of extract because he smokes so much so he gets shatter, crumble, "normal oil" and even "live resin" Honestly without him i would probably still be clueless as to the intricacies of dabs having no desire to take it out of the environment i use them in now... that is until the desire to be able to smoke in public while tripping overtakes me and i buy a pen. I dont think i will be buying a water pipe + E-nail combo as my friends already makes easy work of dabbing should i wanna do it.

But I also like the act of smoking, dabbing reminds me of hard drugs so its nice in that sense. I like smoking and the art of rolling but there is definitely a time and a place for getting one hit and getting fucked up off of it. Really if i am tripping or something smoking and the time it takes can feel like a long drawn out task so its appropriate then.

i won't turn down a hot nail but wouldn't pay for budder/wax/shatter. i'd much, much rather have blunts smeared in flowery BHO, filled with kind bud and sprinked in some peppery charas. it's like a candy burrito caressing your tastebuds, a glorious panoply of flavour beyond compare!

i won't turn down a hot nail but wouldn't pay for budder/wax/shatter. i'd much, much rather have blunts smeared in flowery BHO, filled with kind bud and sprinked in some peppery charas. it's like a candy burrito caressing your tastebuds, a glorious panoply of flavour beyond compare!

I was over at someone's house once and they did something like that, a blunt wrapped with an intricate ribbon of BHO from end to end. It was pretty legit.

Comparing dabs to flower is similar to comparing wine to hard liquor.One is for savoring and enjoyment, and the other is for getting looped.Concentrates are one dimensional,reduced down to it's stoning substance THC.Flowers and buds are multi dimensional, with it's many constituents intact.If you totally enjoy the whole plant ,then smoke buds.If you want to see how stoned you can get, do dabs.If it's affordable, then do both, and enjoy these glory years of pot smoking.

dab hits are just too much for me to handle. im an occasional smoker, maybe once or twice a month, so i stick with flower. im in washington state , so there's no shortage of kind bud here! i like the comparison of dabs to hard liquor where weed is wine. anyways keep on smokin people ;)

I actually prefer an edible over smoking...it gives you that super high feeling without being "dabbed out''

I find when I go nuts on the shatter like I did last night I feel fucked up the next day. Luckily the wife worked from 3-10 today so I just layed around after I took her to work. I felt like shit physically and mentally. I smoke it in one of those little vape pens. I got about 5 grams of the stuff which will last a long time. I like it for a quick couple of hoots when I watch TV. Last night I smoked a bunch and got wasted and then jumped into bed at midnight with the wife and fooled around until 2;30 in the morning. I am picking her up at 10, gonna come home and smoke a bit of indica and read for awhile in bed with my wife. The week starts again tomorrow.

Dabs, edibles, and bud every day dude. It gets expensive though. As a side note-the dabs and edibles (I get ones made with hash oil) did raise my tolerance, but not nearly as much as I expected. I still get a nice buzz off on one bowl, though I do prefer to smoke a lot more. Honestly my favorite are the edibles though. I love how they hit hard and take you by surprise.

I mainly stick with concentrates these days. It's the next level hardcore stoners go IMO. I've been a daily user for 18 years. Started on schwag, then mids, BC buds (beasters), headies, and now concentrates. I've always felt like if I'm going to using pot I should go for the best. Concentrates are simply the best if you're intention is to get really stoned everyday. I can see how some would disagree. Some people prefer a mild buzz. That's fine. I think we all should just enjoy this plant however we decide. I still vape flowers, just not nearly as much. I like to build my high over the evening. I usually start with a few hits off my pen until I feel proper stoned. Middle of the night I vape some weed and they adds another dimension to the high. I end the night with more pen hits. With this method I get very very high every night.