• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Wattle ban madness

Australia doesn't do "moving forward"
Not in 2013, with the bunch of clowns running our various state/territory and federal governments, anyway.

Busty; as previously mentioned in this discussion, the scenario you suggest; wattle grown "on a farm that is obviously set up for cultivation" (isn't that generally what farms are for? No, I'm not being a smart arse) is already well covered by the law.
Getting busted with a "dmt clandestine lab" would be much the same as getting nailed by the fuzz with a methamphetamine lab, legally.
This whole thing comes down to being able to target certain individuals or groups at police discretion.

Surely the idea that police "profile" people is not so unusual that it needs to be explained?

Say your vehicle is seen in the vicinity of an illegal party at which the consumption of drugs is observed by officers.

Failing to find anything of substance (pardon the pun) in your vehicle or on your person, Mr Plod and his elite team of horticulturalist colleagues descend upon your place of residence and take samples of your beloved begonias, prickly pears and the rest of your garden with them.
Will they find anything illegal in a bunch of random samples, after leafing through your diary and scaring your old lady?

Your guess is as good as anyone's - you just better bloody hope not.
Trace amounts of various tryptamines and phenethylamines (such as DMT and mescaline) are known to occur throughout nature.
Sure, you might not be a gardener - but chances are the officers may well do a "BYO job", just to be on the safe side.
Especially if the officers in question suspect you are a bit of a prick.

That never happens to "good people" though, does it?
Police corruption is just something they made up to scare kids, like the bogeyman and God, right?

Nobody is so secure in society that such a danger does not apply to them, I'm afraid.
(Not really afraid, but it's fun to adopt a condescending tone when putting forward one's opinion, innit?)
I guess if you're more concerned about flashing your money around than having a good idea of purity/adulterants/possible degradation or giving money to gangsters (whatever blows yer hair back...), buying unregulated shit with no quality controls may not phase you.

Each to their own, I guess; but hardly a good HR message.

Personally i'd rather be able to grow my own trichocerus cacti than support shady organised crime syndicates by purchasing exorbitantly priced "pills", "speed" or whatever substance you care to mention. Even good ol' fashioned LSD is being misrepresented with a greater frequency than ever before.
In times like this - you either seek out reliable testing of your chemicals (not so sure that home test kits always cut it in the world of dodgy pills and the flood of misrepresented RCs on the black market), run the risk (highly unadvisable) or you seek out natural sacrements in these most perilous drug-taking times.
I'm not encouraging this - nor am I discouraging it. Do what you're going to do; but for the sake of you and everyone that cares about you, try to play safely.
Too many kids are dying just trying to have a good time. It shouldn't be that way - but because of "unjust laws" - that's the way things are.

We either question this shit or accept it as inevitable and condemn fellow (and future) trippers/partiers/whatever you want to call them with the unecessary risk of dying, should they consume the wrong pill/tab/powder etc

Personally I find the apathetic acceptance - or attempted rationalisation/defence of such laws to be the antithesis of the overall strategy of harm minimisation, but that's just my opinion I suppose.
Play the devil's advocate all you like, but you are not above the law, nor are you immune to being the subject of police harassment, no matter how much of a "square-head" image you might think you project. Such complacency has a way of biting you on the arse...but youdon't need meto tell you something like that, surely.

To me it seems more ethical, more rewarding, less addictively reinforcing (absolutely no instant gratification there, I can tell you from experience!) and it's my own business.
Is there any evidence that mescaline or dmt "farms" with commercial extraction capabilities exist - or have ever existed in Australia?
If so, it's news to me.

Sounds more like fanciful Tory-speak to me - like that much repeated horsecrap about dealers selling "heroin starter kits" to school kids or something. A tactic of conservative politicians to spin their corporate-focused careers into appearing to be working for the best interests of the community.

It is more common - from what I understand - for people to damage, remove or ringbark native arcacias than bother to wait a few years to grow their own to a harvestable size; therefore these laws will likely encourage people to continue to do this.
Not cool.

Toxic common garden plants like Cyclamen, Oleander or even Rhododendron are probably more likely to pose a danger to people in the community than most of those listed as containing psychoactive substances.

These laws are ignorant and reactionary.

Last edited:
'its only wrong if you get caught' is a stupid and a poor argument.

Last edited:
This is disturbingly unreasonable in nearly every sense I can imagine. It is also illegal to have brains, which are thought to produce DMT in the pineal glands. My underlying question is why? Why do we, as a society, continue to head down this path of punishing people for things that are seemingly unavoidable?

why the nasty prejudicial comments towards robots. i would prefer to be governed by a computer than by humans.

^That's a bit like saying you'd prefer feudalism to representative democracy.

^That's a bit like saying you'd prefer feudalism to representative democracy.

i dont fully understand feudalism, but i do think democracy is highly overrated. this thread topic case in point.

im not kidding about the computers. those fuckers will be smarter than us in 20 years.

'its only wrong if you get caught' is a stupid and a poor argument.

This.

& Soon I will be finding gangs of teenagers in my backyard, fuckin' with my ride, because gardening is going to be the cool new hip illegal thing to do.

Fuck society shits me at times.

We had a politician in the states, all he did was look at an online legal highs webshop, and then wrote a bill with a list of all the plants offered trying to make them illegal.

^ same happened with Salvia Divinorum in Australia, 'cept it wasn't even an elected representative but some kind of bureaucratic body advising government policy.

Two of the more common species of reed grass, Phalaris arundinacea and Phalaris aquatica, both contain appreciable amounts of DMT. I wonder if they were planning to inspect every property with a pond/waterway...