• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

WARNING: you NEVER KNOW what may be in the pill you eat

I was in the ambo with the poor bastard when all of this was happening.
I was present when the doctor said it, not sure how they could eliminate the possibilities down to OMO specifically. Perhaps there are substances in OMO that differ to other washing powders.
This guy has been one of my best mates since the first grade. Branding him stupid on the basis of one mistake is not fair.
After hitting the piss a bit I doubt that everybody would still have the ability to make responsible decisions, I wouldn't say I could.

Don't take too much to heart about people calling him stupid. It's more of a person doing a stupid act. That doesn't automatically makes them stupid, unless they don't learn from that act and keep doing it.. Chin up, it's all ok now I hope.
And as far as the doctor saying its omo, baydoc sounds right in maybe seeing if you should/could file a complaint. Just because they are either a doctor or work at a hospital (or various other institutions like this) doesn't make their word gospel. We are all human. Its just people in this position can make more influence on our lives since these people are 'professional' and for the most part, we are not and seem to just take their word.. Which could be wrong or right to do...

Why file a complaint?
Ok, so maybe the doctor lied to you to (in his mind) scare some sense into you, don't forget this guy/girl is just doing his job and trying to do what he percieves as the right thing. They'd see ALOT of shit each and every day. Your friend got out alive and a little wiser.
Filing a complaint is just going to make this person's life more difficult. Learn from your mistakes and move on, don't punish others.

Well as for the doctor to lie, he is in a position not to. He is a so called 'Professional'. I would say Work Ethics is something to come into play for this.
Filing a complaint is just going to make this person's life more difficult. Learn from your mistakes and move on, don't punish others.
Well, shouldn't the doctor be punished for making a mistake by lying? Just my view which doesn't account for much :)

On NYE I would have had 2 pills about 1.5 bottles of various spirits (vodka,VSOP,Tequila), several beers and about 1/2 a gram of Speed. I'm not dead, I wasn't sick, I nfact I had the maddest night I have had in yonks......
This incident is not about a particular mix of substances that don't go together, or about 30 drinks or 40....
We should just all learn to know our own limits!!
and when trying something for the first time (eg u'r first pill) do it in a controlled environment - in a safe place - with friends - and without other substances to interfere!!!

My brain is fine and My liver is healthy, but thanks for asking.
I don't do it often, and I have an extremely healthy lifestyle at all other times. This is my tolerance level and my choice. I admit I had a headache the next day, but not too bad.
Incidentally - the best hangover cure when drinking too much:
Have a shot of vodka or half a beer when u wake p, then sleep another hour - hard to stomach but works a charm!!

EXPERIMENT:
I took a pair of dirty socks from the weekend.
And I washed the first sock in cold water with 1/4 cup of OMO.
Then I washed the 2nd sock in cold water with 1/2 a bottle of tequila, 2 stubbies of Carlton Cold, 2 cock-sucking-cowboys (I substituted Erin Cream for Bailey's to reduce costs) a packet of corn chips (Doritos Cheese Supreme) a slice of pizza (Pinkies Delivery Mexican) and 1 white butterfly.
RESULT:
1st sock looks clean. 2nd sock looks totally fucked.
BILL

We should just all learn to know our own limits!!
That's what the dude from adelaide who od'd on pma used to say all the time before he died...
There is no way to "know your limits" where illegal drugs are involved. As Tars said, "even if you've done something stupid many times before, it doesn't mean the next time will be the same, and it doesn't mean the next time won't hurt or possibly kill you..."
One thing people who od seem to have in common, seems to be a false sense of security (ie. thinking you know your limits).
As for the omo - there are so many possible explanations, he could have said that's what he took when the docs asked him, coz he was drunk and thought it would be funny. Friends could have put some omo in one of his drinks to be funny. He could have eaten omo when drunk.
Sounds a bit weird that the guy had 4 drinks before taking it, and then about 26 in the next 4 hours following! Gee, I wonder why he got sick? ;)

I think we all have exhausted this thread enough?
Time for a locking mods??
:)

there is many differnt aspects to look at in this situation, u gus have covered most of it, but i had to add...
is it possible for 2 batches to b released at the same time roughly?? or imported-- whateva... cause i look at it from this perspective,
if i was producing 10,000 clean, nicely juiced up mdma pills, and distributed them, gathering a good respect;
What is stopping the next guy from making another 5,000 pills with the same print / name etc, and putting completely diferent compounds in it, and passing it around on the basis that the originals were good to trust, so why not these.

NOTE!!!
* He only consumed HALF a pill.
* His friend had the other half and was fine.
We all react differently to different chemicals, i hope he has learnt from this experience and is feeling better now.
DJC*

nah it was the same batch as it was one of the same ones that i ate, good thought, but yeah.. sorry

johnboy, i too know the guy that this happened to, and i can assure you that it is NOT an "urban myth".
all that melancholic was trying to do was inform other bluelighters of an experience that his friend had. isnt bluelight all about harm minimisation? well someone was harmed, and taken to hospital due to a reaction that their body had to a substance other than MDXX that was present in a pill.
melancholic did not attempt to start rumors or spread bullshit, but to make others aware of the risks that they DO take when they do drugs.
FFS. why do you have to be so condescending to someone that is trying to further the aims of this website and to MINIMISE HARM.
:/ *cutiful is not happy*
/edit i cant spell for shit
[ 25 February 2002: Message edited by: CuTiFuL* ]

look at what i posted. i didn't say the he was lying, i just said that there is now a meme out there that OMO turns testers black and people put it in pills.
This would be the fault of what ever doctor/nurse told his friend this NOT melancholic or his friend.
Don't put into my mouth words that other people in this thread may have used. melancholic was right to post his concerns here, it is just unfortunate that far to many people on this board do not read things properl, and walk away with a misunderstanding of a situation, just as you have done.
every time someone posts the word smacky it's the same thing. sure, we all know what they mean, but someone scanning over the thread, and no taking the time to actually put it in context, is going to assume that there is heroin in a great many pills.
now the "omo" myth is out there. and me and all the other mods are goign to spend the next couple of years trying to put out the flames, until the next big myth comes along. this isn't to blame melancholic at all, i'm pointing the finger off blame at the lazy, who are far too quick to take gossip and turn it into reality.

from all the shit that ive copped from starting this thread i sincerely wish i had never written it. i did though, because i thought it to be the right thing to do.
i have actually found out since (late january), that the doctors that told my mate there was omo in the pill, did only say 'washing powder' and used omo as an example, rather than saying omo specifically. which confirms what many other people said above (that the hospital would have been unable to determine the brand). i purposely did not come back to post that on this thread once again because of how much shit ive copped for it.
i apologise for saying what i said in the original post, as it was all i knew at the time.
but the reason i am replying to this thread for the final time, is because it makes me really fucking angry to be doubted like this. i did not make this up, and i was enraged that people thought so, and now am either further pissed off that you, johnboy, someone whom i respected called it an 'urban myth.'
i have no reason to spread rumours, as i am a firm believer that the reason people look down on mdma is because nobody knows anything about it. simply put, i would never make up an 'urban myth' about pills - i see it wrong from any possible perspective.
im quite sure, johnboy that you have met bluelighters such as DjC and muzby in person, who i hope will vouch for me. i assure you i did not make this up. and if you continue to believe i did so, then it is not my problem.
[edit] i never said anything about omo testing black, that was posted by somebody else in the reply. the pill in question (the white butterfly) was tested at a friends house using the EZ Supreme kit, and was verified to have MDMA or MDEA present. there was no abnormalities in the test. apart from the fact that it turned green after around ten minutes, refer my other thread about pill testing, in which i asked what this meant, and i was told it was normal.
[ 25 February 2002: Message edited by: melancholic ]
[edit x2] the original purpose of the first post in this thread was simply to suggest people not mix alcohol with pills because you never know what is in them and the alcohol could mix with something from the pill and be dangerous. there was no other point to the thread, and the majority of the replies were from people who misunderstood it.
and the use of the term smacky in the other thread, was because i was lazy and could not be bothered thinking of something else. i see that yes somebody who is uninformed may have taken it the wrong way... and im sorry for that. i posted straight underneath and defined my meaning of the word and why i used it. it would be difficult to argue that between 5 and 9 of 10 average pill poppers use the word 'smacky' to describe pills and understand that it does not mean heroin. and yes, i know that using it is prolonging the bad description, but i was being lazy, and yeah it was a mistake.
[ 25 February 2002: Message edited by: melancholic ]

oh ffs, read what i wrote above. i believe you. you were lied to, or at the very least there was a misunderstanding. now we are trying to deal with the consequences.
there are two bits of misinformation out there now, that there is omo in pills and it turns testers black. i am not now, or was i ever, blaming you for either of those things. instead i was blaming the whole situation. i think it was pretty clear from my first post that the doctor/nurse that told your friend this should be the one who is, at the very least, questioned on this.
take it personally if you really want to, but it had nothing to do with me doubting you.
[ 25 February 2002: Message edited by: johnboy ]

This thread that babydoc_vic linked to was probably where this ridiculous rumour started. The story screams of urban myth, and has not been verified.
i took it personally because of what you said above. the fact that washing powder could be in some pills is not a ridiculous rumour. the possibility of it sounds stupid, and i would prefer it to have been a rumour.
if you are going to go on about using the correct words, then tell me your quote above does not imply that what i said was a 'rumour' and an 'urban myth'. everything i said in that thread was the greatest truth i know of the subject. i have never doubted the possibility of the doctor lying, but i think it more likely to be true. the possible urban myth is that washing powder is in pills, not my story.

That thread was talking about the supposed "fact" that OMO turns Marquis black, which as you have pointed out was said by someone else in this thread. Once again you have taken a reference to this thread as a personal attack on you when nothing of the sort was meant. Please chjill the fuck out and believe what i am saying to you.
Even the "smacky" comment above was not intended as a personal attack on you. I actually had forgotten that it was you who used that word in the other thread until you mentioned it. I would have used that analogy regardless at it really sums the whole thing up. Laziness causes misunderstanding that undo all the hard work we try to do in this forum.
Do you know how depressing it is to spend a large part of the last three years of your life trying to kill rumours like this, and have a situation like this throw up a new bit of misinformation?