• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

WARNING: you NEVER KNOW what may be in the pill you eat

yes BT i understand that cures for cancers etc do not come from your standard emergency ward, but i was making a simple point, im sure they are a little more capable than some of the other people were implying.
i know about the dodgy rumours about glass and heroin and rats poison and blah blah and i am not trying to start another rumour or spread bullshit. i was simply relaying what i was told by trusted friends, to provide information for others. i would never spread bullshit especially something like this because there is no reason for it, nor would i feel just doing so.
and chemical night, please note that he did have THIRTY PLUS standard drinks. i KNOW that a glass of vodka wouldve made no difference, but THIRTY, then YES. i was saying that THAT MUCH ALCOHOL and whatever was in the pill CAUSED THE ILLNESS. AND WHAT SHOCKED ME WAS THAT THERE APPEARED TO BE OMO IN THE PILL. ALL I WAS FUCKEN SAYING WAS DONT MIX ALCOHOL AND PILLS COS YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS IN THEM. 30 drinks and you're fine. 1 pill and you're fine. mix them together and there could be a problem. my point was that in this case there was a problem, so i put it up here to notify others and pursue the aim of this website. next time i wont fuken bother.

30 standard drinks is just short of drinking a slab (24 cans) of standard heavy beers which = 1.4 standard drinks each.. I hardly drink now and drinking a whole slab in one session (and nothing else) would totally floor me.
So I cant really see how 'drinking 30 stnard drinks and you're fine' is something you could (easily) say..
But back in my uni days, a slab a day was the norm.. yyyeeaarrss ago. :)

melancholic... calm down.
Yer wazza... 30 standard drinks is 1 1/4 bottles of vodka. I'm not suprised he ended up in the hospital.

Sounds like he just got too fucked up on alchohol then mixed it with MDxx... What do expect? I'd hate to know how his liver looked afterward. I don't see how this mythical 'omo' has anything to do with it... Take any drugs to excess and you could face an ambulance ride.

Take any drugs to excess and you could face an ambulance ride.I think Thoth hit the nail on the head...
On a side note, 30 drinks would probably kill me...

I'm sorry but if I had 30 standard drinks I'd be in the emergency room for alcohol poisoning!!

There are two issues here. Firstly there is your friend who clearly has a death wish. And secondly there is the matter of washing powder in pills. I'm not entirely surprised however it is a concern.
Chem is right in pointing out that the Hospital couldn't have known which brand it was unless they were involved in pressing the pills themselves....
However they could possibly have worked out there was Washing Powder in it and simply said OMO because it was the first brand which came to mind.

i agree that yes the hospital possibly used the word omo as a generic term for washing powder, but the point remains that nobody wouldve expected that sort of chemical to turn up in pills.
and ill also agree that 30 drinks is a damn lot of alcohol, and i could never drink that many unless i was talking from dawn til dusk. ive never reached my limit but id imagine it to be around 20. but this particular person is pretty large (actually a nickname of his is 'bear') and he does drink a lot. and smoke a lot. on the night in question he didnt smoke any weed, however he commonly smokes to himself a stick on a daily basis. and in terms of drinking he drinks a lot. on other occasions when he has drunk that much he has not needed an ambulance. granted, this particular night, his body my have rejected that many drinks and consequently he ended up in a worse state than previous occasions. but this would be unusual for him as he does often drink copious amounts.
the point i was trying to make is that most of the evidence suggests that he got ill because the alcohol was mixed with whatever was in the pill. because washing powder has been found in this pill, it wouldnt surprise me if it was found in another batch. i was simply suggesting that people do not mix pills with a lot of alcohol as there could be a problem. although mdma may have no adverse effects mixed with alcohol in some people, you do not know what else is in there. thats all i was trying to say.

People shouldn't be discouraged from trying 1 or 2 drinks with mdma because of this case though. This is a case where the user had an extremely large amount of alcohol. From this, you could obviously say that, its unwise to drink SO much and mix with mdma. You cannot simply come to the conclusion that it's not good to mix mdma and alcohol at all. The moral of this story is, don't abuse drugs and alcohol, and know your limits.

Mixing any drugs increases the risk... Most of us are aware of this, yet so many of us still do it (myself included). And most of the time we're fine, up until that point where we push ourselves too far...
Your point is understood melancholic, pills shouldn't be mixed with a large amount of alcohol because something in the pill may not react well with the alcohol...
Here's a story for you... Recently one of the guys at work had his 26th birthday... He did the usual thing of going out and getting blind drunk, the same thing he'd done every year, the same thing he did very frequently... On this occasion he'd drunk about a bottle of tequila and a couple of six packs... For him this was usually just the start to the night... On this occasion it landed him in hospital with severe stomach pains the next day after he'd spent most of the night throwing up... It turns out the balance of chemicals in his stomach had changed so that the stomach lining was no longer protected from his digestive juices and resulted in a stomach ulcer... The doctor told him to stop drinking for a while... He actually listened (which is quite amazing for this guy)
So even if you've done something stupid many times before, it doesn't mean the next time will be the same, and it doesn't mean the next time won't hurt or possibly kill you...
So our point is that while you shouldn't be complacent about whats in pills, you also shouldn't assume that the pill is the cause...
I used that story above to illustrate that point, even without the pill 'bear' may have ended up in the same situation (and maybe even without the alcohol and just taking the pill)
People should be careful and understand the risks if they take drugs, any drugs including legal ones
To confuse matters even more, have a read of this thread: Ecstasy and alcohol: new findings
[ 05 January 2002: Message edited by: Tarsarlan ]

giving someone there first pill even tested for mdma/mdea after drinking that amount of alchol i dont think the pill is at all to blame here. I would be looking at the ppl who let him take it.

Please see my post on this question the pill testing forum here:
http://www.bluelight.ru/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=14&t=001026&p=
It would be nice to get a follow up from the hospital about this this. I really can't believe that a thought process went like:
Doc: hmmm a new patient
Worried friend: my friend just consumed 30 standard drinks and popped an ecstacy pill!
Doc (thinking): hmmmmm better do that blood test for OMO!

Paranorma: people that let him take it. Errr, sure if they are smart (unlike him) they could educate him, but whos going to stop a "..grown fucking man..", from being an uneducated pisshead.

Anyone know what chemical/s are actually in OMO?
i sure dont; i doubt a doctor in the emergency ward of a local hospital would either.
I am betting there are many chemicals in omo; and probably more than one active ingredient.
There is no way that any test done in a hospital would identify the sorts of chemicals found in washing powder. They would have to be looking for that chemical.
Even GC analysis involves having a fair idea of what chemicals might be in the sample.
From my experience with analytical chemistry i have a lot of trouble swallowing this. Does anyone know how hard it is to analyse urine or blood. If someone gave a lab a mystery powder i am betting it would take them a while to figure out it was omo, and thats starting from a powder, not a urine sample.
Melancholic u r saying that mixing alcohol and pills is a bad idea because u dont know whats in pills and you might have a bad reaction. Right u are.
However mixing a lot of alcohol and MDMA is bad also. I think your friend wound up in hospital because he drank a dangerous amount of alcohol and then threw down an MDMA pill.
Vomiting, confusion and aggressive behaviour? All sounds like symptoms of intoxication combined with certain dehydration and possibly heat exhaustion to me.
Why do people always overlook MDMAs most obvious risky side effect and start looking for some weird adulterant as the culprit.
I imagine his liver was not coping very well either.
So basically, yes u r right about combining alcohol and pills, but do not assume if someone has a bad reaction its due to some mystery chemical or detergent.
And as this individual had never had MDMA before, this particular chemical, was to them, a mystery anyway.

Now I'm pretty decidedly unimpressed by everything this story's told me. Effectively this was about the most stupid and irresponsible thing that someone could do. You don't let somebody take a pill for the first time if they are totally fucking plastered (and 30 drinks would most definately have me in an ambulance on its own!). One needs to think at times like these and work out that perhaps it's not going to be a good idea to do it. Firstly the guy could have died, and where are we then? another tragic "Ecstasy related death".
Clap clap, talk about bleeding stupid. But I hope everyone's learned a lesson.
-plaz out-

How do you know the Omo was in the pill - such a small amount of Omo wouldn't do anything. Your friend was probably eating detergent whilst he was off his face... mmmmm.... detergent.

melancholic: I don't want you to think I'm arguing with you. I don't doubt what your firnd ws told. But I do doubt the hospital staff were being honest.
I'm with Biscuit. The point I was trying to make in my last post, having worked in hospitals, is that once they found an apparent reason for your friend's symtpoms (ie: a positive UDS for amphetamines, and confirmation of large amounts of alcohol ingestion) that would be the mystery solved. Hospitals don't like to run unnecessary tests, and would most likely have stopped after the UDS and routine blood tests (which don't look for drug levels at all). So maybe the staff were trying to put the fear of God into your mate, which is completely irresponsible, and a good reason to follow up the actual clinical notes. And maybe file a complaint.
I am wondering whether your friend experienced initial tolerance to alcohol, like people get with speed, and once the e started to wear off he tipped into alcohol poisoning.

Yeh I'd agree. Even in the medical profession there is an unfounded terror of *gasp* drugs.
I reckon they were just reciting some shit they heard on 60 minutes.

BAAAAAAAAAAAA! I eat omo on my breakfast cereal every morning, all mixed in with a pint of vodka..
So much for the "docters" ;)
Chem

he had the pill BEFORE HE DRANK THAT MUCH ALCOHOL. he wouldve had around 4 or so drinks before i gave it to him, and i suggested that he slow down with the drinking altogether. i had no idea he would ignore my advice and continue drinking, let alone drink the same amount of alcohol i would drink over a week.
tarsalan i agree with you that it may have been just the alcohol that was the cause of the illness, but in my opinion it is more likely that the pill had something to do with it.
biscuit, point taken, you may be right, i dont actually know what the effects of a lot of alcohol and mdma are, all i know is that it is not suggested. however i do know many people who drink while on pills and before taking them (some who are very experienced with drugs), which is why i was suggesting that even if you have not had a problem with mdma and alcohol, there might be something else in the pill that has a bad reaction.
and babydoc, yes, i also agree that the hospital staff could of jus told a load of shit in hope of turning him and others off pills, but i would like to think, that authorities and medical staff would be honest with people. i am being honest, and i am telling you what my mate was told. if the doctors are bullshitting, then so be it.