View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Warning: MXP Psychosis

treezy z

Bluelighter
Last night mxp had be standing over my best friend with a knife. I have since ceased all drug use and been taking 100mg seroquels as needed. I called the man Judas. We have since prayed together and it's good now. This is a dangerous drug.

How much MXP over what frame of time did you use? And have you been taking antipsychotics all along?

Yes I have been taking anti-psychotics. I'd estimate 3 grams over the course of 2 weeks.

The 100s of seroquel is a booster dose. I normally take an abilify in the morning and 100mg of seroquel at night,

You're likely prescribed antipsychotics for a good reason, I guess?

There hasn't been such reports from "healthy" users of MXP, so it's a step too far to claim that it's dangerous.

Mental illness + hallucinogens in non-medical setting -> no good.

This is the only one of the plethora of psychedelic drugs I've used that led to a potentially violent psychotic reaction.

Hi treezy z,

so the moral of the story is : If you are addicted to dissociatives and go over the board with novel substances and take a shitton of downers regularly and are prescribed antipsychotics, you should not take MXP ? Did I understand that correct ?

MXP is classed as a dissociative, as opposed to psychedelic.
Dissociatives are infamous for inducing psychosis in those with pre- existing psychiatric problems.

Though it does seem Diph/MXP do so much more frequently than others.

Do so carefully, if you must.
I personally will not go above 90mg.

Hi treezy z,

so the moral of the story is : If you are addicted to dissociatives and go over the board with novel substances and take a shitton of downers regularly and are prescribed antipsychotics, you should not take MXP ? Did I understand that correct ?

Replace downers with weed (i quit all that shit) and then you are correct, son.

Drug triggers psychotic episode in psychotic person, part 97643578887665. Not sure why the name of the drug is relevant, to be honest.

Because mental ill health + psychoactives is not a simple equation, with an inevitable sum of psychosis.
BL exists as a HR board, and without the knowledge garnered from tales like these, we wouldn't have a clue about the vast majority of the drugs we do.

Hi treezy z,

I can't wait to try it honestly.

Both these comments had me laughing hard hahahah

I doubt it would ever take off in the same way, the initial, brutal reviews on this site made sure of that! :)
That and feeling completely different, by most/all accounts. :)

From what I can tell all dissociative drugs can ultimately cause amnesia and episodes of disturbing behavior, although with some usually the person becomes immobilized / anaesthesized like with ketamine. And with some like PCP / direct PCE derivatives and also diphenidine and MXP the amnesia can apparently happen relatively quickly. The window of safety is more narrow / the therapeutic index is said to be smaller.

So no I don't think all dissociative / psychedelic drugs are created equally and the less safe they are the more caution is advised or rather needed.

If you have serious reasons to take anti-psychotics besides some insomnia, you have no business taking psychedelic drugs to begin with.

This is the only one of the plethora of psychedelic drugs I've used that led to a potentially violent psychotic reaction.
MXP is NOT a psychedelic drug. It's a dissociative anaesthetic. Know your shit.

MXP is NOT a psychedelic drug. It's a dissociative anaesthetic. Know your shit.

Around here dissociatives are considered psychedelic. Hence being in the same subforum. Not that I think this means anything, but Leary considered Ketamine the equal to DMT, high dose LSD, and salvia when it came to inducing powerful, spiritual states.

You may not have noticed, but nootropic discussion is also in PD, despite making even less sense.

I mean, psychedelic means mind expanding so in a way it encompasses anything from MDMA to Cannabis to LSD to MXE and PCP. I like the term dissociative-psychedelic.

An alternative for this broad class of substances including classical / serotonergic psychedelics and dissociatives is hallucinogens, which is not liked that much for several reasons.

I would not include nootropics in any of this, but at the same time I see some overlap in effects i.e. that both LSD and nootropics can 'clear my head'. Nootropic discussion is not meant to be focused purely in PD, it is also in healthy living... I guess different aspects are highlighted there? There are a lot more topics that are spanned across fora.

Should we call some of these NMDAntagonists dissociadelic? Dissodelic? (No not discodelic)

Around here dissociatives are considered psychedelic. Hence being in the same subforum.
Link to this subforum:
[h=2]Psychedelic Drugs[/h] (110 Viewing)

Advanced discussion of psychedelics and dissociatives

^^^They are not 'considered psychedelic' - whoever made this site obviously knows there's a difference and did made the distinction.

Not that I think this means anything, but Leary considered Ketamine the equal to DMT, high dose LSD, and salvia when it came to inducing powerful, spiritual states.
That guy had a lot of opinions.

High dose LSD could not be more different to ketamine at any dose - the only similarity is that both of these chemicals can get you completely twisted. Heroin actually has a lot more in common with ketamine than LSD does.

LSD is stimulating whereas ketamine is sedating.
LSD barely even feels like a drug - it's a very natural feeling. Ketamine has a very heavy, narcotic feel to it.
LSD increases tactile sensibility. Ketamine is an anesthetic - it numbs you the fuck out.
LSD doesn't cause that much physical impairment. Ketamine literally makes you forget how to walk.
LSD doesn't generally cause people to black out.
Ketamine doesn't make you see faces and Aztec patterns and shit all over everything you look at.
LSD is a serotonin receptor agonist. Ketamine is an NMDA receptor antagonist.

LSD works by taking down psychological filters, which causes the brain to become overloaded with sensory input. This is pretty much the exact opposite of what ketamine does to you. Psychedelics immerse you in your surroundings whereas dissociatives separate you from your surroundings.

You may not have noticed, but nootropic discussion is also in PD, despite making even less sense.
Weird. Maybe a better name for this subforum would be 'psychedelics, dissociatives and nootropics' then. The fact that they're talked about in the same subforum doesn't mean they're the same or even similar.